1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

NFL Championships, are they equal?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by ivo610, Jan 25, 2011.

1. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    I stumbled across a Steelers thread that a packers fan started where he mentioned the packers have 12 championships, while the steelers have 6. Steelers fans for the most part disagreed. Comments like this ensued:
    Originally Posted by Cannonball Butler
    Technically, the leagues didn't merge until 1970. In 66 and 67, the Packers won both the NFL and World Championships(it wasn't called the Super Bowl yet). The Steeler's,Browns, and Colts joined the AFC and interleague play began in 1970.

That means, under the current format, the Steeler's have won 6 Super Bowls and the Packers 1.

jjpro11:
    as for the NFL Championships, i'll gladly trade 9 of those in for the 4 Super Bowls we won with cast of players from the 70s. the Championships are nice, but during this time of the year, it's the teams from the 70s who are always remembered and honored.

What do you guys think?

Here is the link for those interested
    NFL Titles: Green Bay 12, Pittsburgh 6 - Page 3 - Steelers Fever Forums

2. The Drew

The Drew #packergang

Ratings:
    +490
    Guiness book of world records and the pro football hall of fame recongnize the Packers as the team with the most championships...Period!!! who gives a f@wk what these Bitchburgh Steagles fans think!!!

• Like Like x 4
  3. CheddarMelt

CheddarMelt Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I live in Pittsburgh, and I hear revisionist history like this ALL THE TIME. Boils down to Sour Grapes. The only way they CAN feel superior to the Pack is to only include the Super Bowl wins.

That attitude isn't specific to football, either. It's a Yinzer thing. People around here consider a trip to the other side of town as a major excursion, possibly needing an overnight stay.

• Like Like x 1
  4. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,226
    The Steelers have a great tradition and great fans. I would love for the Packers to have 3 more Superbowls under their belt to match the Steeler total. But 8 championships is also a great accomplishment. Can we help that the league was smaller back then? Perhaps only 1 Steeler SB counts because only now are we at 32 teams. Hey, it was easier when there were only 31 teams. Right?

5. Claymaker

Claymaker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +70
    Obviously the guy is a complete idiot, Cannonball Butthurt I mean. The Steelers are an original NFL team. They have been around since 1933. They were a complete disaster the first 40 years of their existence.

• Like Like x 2
  6. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +297
    just another reason why I am not a Steelers fan...disregard for our franchises accomplishments and moments of greatness...have a sense of history...WAR IS WAR...CHAMPIONSHIPS ARE CHAMPIONSHIPS...HOFers are HOFers...FACTS ARE FACTS! WE ARE THE MOST DECORATED in history, but the close minded don't respect that

• Like Like x 6
  7. Eis Bowl

Eis Bowl Touchdown Artist

Ratings:
    +18
    When you don't have the most you have to make things up to say you do.

• Like Like x 3
  8. DanMac

DanMac Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    The Pittsburgh fans do realize that they started in the Old NFL in 1933 don't they?? (Not the new AFL that was formed in the 60's) ---

So, why didn't Pittsburgh stop Green bay from getting the Championships from 1933 until 1970?? -- Green Bay has 12 Championships PERIOD. A better way of wording it may be -- Green Bay has received the Top Football Prize 12 Times, no matter how the definition of such - has changes over the past 90 years.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Powarun

Powarun Big Bay Blues fan

Ratings:
    +420
    I don't think the NFL wants to make them equal because then they have a bunch of issues that will arise for example, teams went by winning percentage and not actual who won the most games, ties meant nothing. The Pottsville Maroons issue. I see them as equal. Steelers just want to puff up their chest more.

10. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +297
    past is the past, those championships are already earned and won by us, I want #13!!!

11. 2411t

2411t Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +120
    By the end of the Rodgers era, the team that has won the most SB championships will change.

12. ram29jackson

ram29jackson Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +51

That just might be a teensy bit strong

13. 2411t

2411t Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +120
    4 SB Championships? No big deal...

14. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,422
    dont talk like that lol the heat was staying stuff like that before the season started and look how hot they are now

15. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    Lets worry about this one and then after that remember that no one from the NFC has been back to the SB in over 10 years.

16. Zeck180

Zeck180 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +173
    Facts are facts the Packers are(for now) 12 Time World Champions, people from other countries will disagree with that ((Most)Europeans and Canadians they'll disagree strongly). Saying that they haven't played teams from other countries, well I wonder why even the worst team in the NFL (Carolina Panthers) would look amazing against the best of Europe, S. America, Asia....

"I've watched one game highlight from the UK's BritBowl and OMG! It looked like a high school game.