1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Need To Do 2 Things To Win Sunday

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Pat4DaPack, Sep 23, 2011.

1. Pat4DaPack

Pat4DaPack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +180
    I believe there are only 2 things the Packers need to do to beat the Bears.

1. Attack, attack, attack. The Bears lost Carmini last week and after seeing what the Saints did to the Bears with the blitz, we just need to do that with the Clay Maker. Blitz!!

2. Air it out. Let Rodgers just throw it all day to his terrific WR core.

2. greenandgold

greenandgold I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan

Ratings:
    +473
    And don't punt it anywhere NEAR Devon Hester.

• Like Like x 1
  3. slaughter25

slaughter25 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +211
    This. I dont care if the punt lands in row 25 as long as he doesnt touch it first....

4. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,801
  5. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,631
    Any odds on Burnett getting burned looking in to the backfield? Shields too?

6. lookoutblock

lookoutblock Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I think Finley blows up this game. Just a hunch.

7. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +850
    PLEASE FOR THE LOVE, keep it away from Hester! lol

8. GreenBayGal

GreenBayGal Cheese Goddess

Ratings:
    +1,123
    I had Hester on my ff team and dropped him because he wasn't producing any points. Maybe he's all washed up.

9. cheeseheadfanatic87

cheeseheadfanatic87 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +20
    They need to jump on the Bears fast and quick. The Packers have no pressure during this game-- the way the Bears season and Jay Cutler acted after his injury is putting all the spotlight on him. Air it out, and run it down their throat. Jump out to a lead, and blitz and let Cutler try and beat you with his arm.

If we can't jump to an early lead, it's going to be a close game. If the Pack can get up 14-0, or even 10-0 their in good shape, because Cutler has all the weight on his shoulders.

10. Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +376
    Same here.

Last year he had 9 catches for 115.

11. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,483
    Score more points

No need for a 2nd "thing"

• Like Like x 3
  12. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,801
    Since this pretty much went ignored as far as I can tell, I guess this is more of a fan speculation/opinion thread on what we think the Packers should do to win instead of what the coaching staff thinks they should do to win?

Anyway, I have no clue on what the Packers need to do to win.
    I'll just have faith in Mike McCarthy and Dom Capers that they know what to do to give the Packers the best chance.
    Coaching in the NFL is not a job I would want so I'm glad to leave it up to the talented and wise experts.

13. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,483
    Well considering they do not have to many offensives weapons other then Forte, stopping him should be key

14. GreenBayGal

GreenBayGal Cheese Goddess

Ratings:
    +1,123
    I think the same adrenaline as we had for the NFC Championship game would help. Also, keep Lurch (Urlacher) at bay.

15. TJV

TJV Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +4,176
    “Attack, attack, attack” on defense opens up Forte for screens, outlet passes, and draws. Of course they need to pressure Cutler but not with all out blitzes. As the linked article says, the Bears only gave up one sack to the Saints until the fourth quarter when the Bears went to their 2-minute offense.

“Air it out” plays into the Bears’ hands. They usually rush with four and play zone behind it, hoping opponents will turn the ball over as they “air it out”. So IMO the first post on this thread advocates doing what the Bears hope the Packers do on Sunday.

IMO on offense they need to keep the Bears’ D off balance by mixing the run, short and intermediate passing game with a deep pass on occasion. On defense they need to spy Forte or he’ll gash ‘em for big yardage. And Masthay has to replicate his punting from the last two Bears games last season in which he was outstanding.