Need To Do 2 Things To Win Sunday

Pat4DaPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe there are only 2 things the Packers need to do to beat the Bears.

1. Attack, attack, attack. The Bears lost Carmini last week and after seeing what the Saints did to the Bears with the blitz, we just need to do that with the Clay Maker. Blitz!!

2. Air it out. Let Rodgers just throw it all day to his terrific WR core.

cheeseheadfanatic87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They need to jump on the Bears fast and quick. The Packers have no pressure during this game-- the way the Bears season and Jay Cutler acted after his injury is putting all the spotlight on him. Air it out, and run it down their throat. Jump out to a lead, and blitz and let Cutler try and beat you with his arm.

If we can't jump to an early lead, it's going to be a close game. If the Pack can get up 14-0, or even 10-0 their in good shape, because Cutler has all the weight on his shoulders.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like the D will work to stop Forte.
And they have Hester in mind as well.
http://www.packers.com/news-and-eve...ng-Forte/a5fd63f3-1770-429a-8ff2-a770405299c3
Since this pretty much went ignored as far as I can tell, I guess this is more of a fan speculation/opinion thread on what we think the Packers should do to win instead of what the coaching staff thinks they should do to win?

Anyway, I have no clue on what the Packers need to do to win.
I'll just have faith in Mike McCarthy and Dom Capers that they know what to do to give the Packers the best chance.
Coaching in the NFL is not a job I would want so I'm glad to leave it up to the talented and wise experts.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Since this pretty much went ignored as far as I can tell, I guess this is more of a fan speculation/opinion thread on what we think the Packers should do to win instead of what the coaching staff thinks they should do to win?

Anyway, I have no clue on what the Packers need to do to win.
I'll just have faith in Mike McCarthy and Dom Capers that they know what to do to give the Packers the best chance.
Coaching in the NFL is not a job I would want so I'm glad to leave it up to the talented and wise experts.

Well considering they do not have to many offensives weapons other then Forte, stopping him should be key

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
“Attack, attack, attack” on defense opens up Forte for screens, outlet passes, and draws. Of course they need to pressure Cutler but not with all out blitzes. As the linked article says, the Bears only gave up one sack to the Saints until the fourth quarter when the Bears went to their 2-minute offense.

“Air it out” plays into the Bears’ hands. They usually rush with four and play zone behind it, hoping opponents will turn the ball over as they “air it out”. So IMO the first post on this thread advocates doing what the Bears hope the Packers do on Sunday.

IMO on offense they need to keep the Bears’ D off balance by mixing the run, short and intermediate passing game with a deep pass on occasion. On defense they need to spy Forte or he’ll gash ‘em for big yardage. And Masthay has to replicate his punting from the last two Bears games last season in which he was outstanding.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts