Need Packers man cave stuff.. Advice?

G0PackG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are moving from a townie into a real house next month. I will have a real basement man cave! I'm in ohio but I'm open to shipping. I like fatheads but they are a lot of money for vinyl stickers. As of now I will have an XLV and XXXI newspaper montages and a few framed older jerseys. I'm also working on an AJ Hawk montage thats half buckeyes and half packers.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very cool, I completely remodeled my basement into a man cave (game room/poker room) and it was a tremendous amount of work. It wasn't as expensive as i was expecting but there are so many different routes you can go that its hard to get started. Perhaps you could post a picture of where you are at now and we can go from there?

I would tend to stay away from fat heads btw.

jimwalmann

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thrift Stores are the best for Packer memorabilia. Garage and yard sales too. I've bought flags and carpet on line, but all the rest of my stuff has come from second hand sources... except gifts. I hope to post some Pixs soon when I figure this site out.

jimwalmann

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fyi

Attachments

• Super Bowl XLV - 11.jpg
    Super Bowl XLV - 11.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 198

Munch

NFL Owner
Reaction score
I wouldn't call them toys but spawn.com make tremendous figures for football, baseball, basketball and hockey. The figures available for the Pack include:
Bart Starr
Ray Nitchke(spelling?)
Reggie White
Ahman Green
Donald Driver
Greg Jennings
Ryan Grant
Aaron Rodgers (currant uniform and 1929 throwback)
Charles Woodson
Clay Matthews

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
I wish we had basements in Calif. I live in a two bedroom and my wife is an artist. In our house it is form over function. I don't have a man cave, I have a man corner.

OP
OP
G0PackG0

G0PackG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help. I have the paint from home depot, I will get a pic up after we are moved in. My Directv move is scheduled for Sept 15th so it might not be finished this season.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Good deals on EBay always.

I never have ordered on NFL Shop cause usually I find something much cheaper on Ebay.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good deals on EBay always.

I never have ordered on NFL Shop cause usually I find something much cheaper on Ebay.
Yeah NFL shop screws the customer because they have 3-4 extra layers of price on. Gotta pay the NFLPA, the NFL, the teams, players, agents, and attorneys.

See my signature for some cheaper, rarer stuff that will make any Packer room look great. I've done eBay for over a decade

Helmets

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bc those are so affordable lol

Not very affordable, but one helmet quickly becomes the centerpiece of the mancave. It will make you want to box up all the bobbleheads, starting lineups, pennants, foam fingers, beanie babies, pompoms, title towels, football cards, programs, yearbooks, McFarlanes, and teddybears and stick them out in the garage for the next rummage sale, salvation army drop off, or trash day.

gwh11

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ivo & Helmets made some good suggestions here. A game used helmet is always a good conversation piece, as is a game used jersey. Even some vintage namplates are easily displayable. Some classic photos are always good, and there's always very cool vintage game program covers that you could frame as well. Try to choose some one-of-a-kind items if you can, and include things that cover much of the team's history, not just the present. Avoid too much of the tacky, mass-produced stuff. It's the unique items that people will remember.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are moving from a townie into a real house next month. I will have a real basement man cave! I'm in ohio but I'm open to shipping. I like fatheads but they are a lot of money for vinyl stickers. As of now I will have an XLV and XXXI newspaper montages and a few framed older jerseys. I'm also working on an AJ Hawk montage thats half buckeyes and half packers.

first go to your local store and purchase both green and yellow hair dye for knuckles, body, head and facial hair.

then kill a bear (no pun intended), skin it for the pelt and cut it to size for garb.

then buy an axe and have it sharpened at your local hardware store, chop down a norweigian's tree (vikings) and whittle it down to a 4 foot club, and voila!

Cave drawing accessories sold separately...LOL