Neal suspended 4 games has ocd

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Assuming Neal tells us the truth about this...... :cautious:

Shouldn't he have had enough knowledge about the rules??
Taking a medicine, especially one that has to be prescribed,
is ALWAYS risk-entailing, because of the NFL rules that ban performance
enhancing substances. You can't just gulp down any pill in the
medicine chest.
And the dirty pee that got him in trouble, was not the first sample
he ever sent to the league, I assume.

Means: He should have been aware of this. Bonehead!! :mad:

The only possible way I could understand it is if he was seeing a psychiatrist and his psychiatrist felt more comfortable prescribing it and monitoring it for him then going through the team and maybe Neal felt more comfortable with him also. Also, because he is Neal, he probably didn't assume Adderall was on the banned substances list.

But, to tear holes in my own theory here, his outside doctor should have DEFINITELY checked into that or at least told Neal to make sure it wasn't banned before hurting his career. Also, if he wasn't seeing an outside psychiatrist (I am assuming the packers don't have one on staff) it makes 0 sense for him to see an outside doctor because regular MD's can prescribe medicine such as this.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I merged these two threads because it is interesting to see how people jump to conclusions w/o hearing all the facts

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
While I agree he should have known to notify the league, does anyone have a clue in what is different between Andre Brown's situation and Neal's? They took the same drug and neither informed the league - like SpartaChris posted looks identical to me so I wonder why the league suspended Neal in the first place and now, how can it rule differently on his appeal?

Let's hope the "money quote" from that article is true and not McCarthy attempting to motivate Neal:

“Definitely, I think Mike’s a totally different man today than he was when he came back from the injury in training camp,” Packers coach Mike McCarthy said. “He’s more explosive. He’s in great shape. He’s driven. He’s been humbled. He’s gone through some challenges. I’m hopeful, and I see a lot of signs that he’ll continue to grow from the situations that he’s been through in the past. It looks like he’s back to full strength, and he looks good.”

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I merged these two threads because it is interesting to see how people jump to conclusions w/o hearing all the facts

In all fairness, by the time a suspension is made public by the league, the player's have already gone through the appeal process. Any conclusions made initially were fair conclusions based on the information provided at the time.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
By the time it's made public, the appeal process has already been exhausted? Is that true? That would be news to me.

Made public by the league.. Sometimes it gets leaked by a reporter before the appeal, but when the information comes from the league, that means the players appeal has already been heard and denied.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
interesting... the same posters on the new thread about neal that are still negative about him were the same ones here too!

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
interesting... the same posters on the new thread about neal that are still negative about him were the same ones here too!
Not surprised are you? If you pull any old thread, the positive people will be positive and the negatives will be negative.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes it's all black and white? :confused: Some support Neal and diss Hawk, versa vice and both. Some don't like Jennings, some do. Some will never give Finley a break, some do. Some want to fire Capers, Slocum and Campen. Some don't. Some jump on MM on his paycalling. And do I have to mention Crosby? You will find people on different sides depending and not 100 % one way or the other.

There are plenty of reminders that can be pulled up to see where people have stood on these things btw. :whistling: The apology list would be a long one I'm afraid. :rolleyes:

Latest posts