NAJEH DAVENPORTTT NOOOOOO!!!

showstopper4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WHY? jesus that sucks, he's been with us for awhile. I lvoed this guy, and still remember the year him and Green Dominated for 5 yards a carry. He's a good player no matter, that blows....

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They gave him plenty of chance to show his stuff this preseason, and he didn't get it done. I'm sad to see him go too. I liked the guy.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He can't stay healthy and hasn't shown anything special this preseason/training camp

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
showstopper4 said:
WHY? jesus that sucks, he's been with us for awhile. I lvoed this guy, and still remember the year him and Green Dominated for 5 yards a carry. He's a good player no matter, that blows....

That was then, this is now. I think he has lost a step because of all his injuries, and he will have a short career. Too bad. I liked him too.

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Without the stats in front of me I'm thinking Tony Fisher too averaged almost 5 years a carry that season. That was some kinda offensive line.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
jdlax said:
Without the stats in front of me I'm thinking Tony Fisher too averaged almost 5 years a carry that season. That was some kinda offensive line.

Yes, I'm pretty sure all three backs averaged at least 5 yards per carry apiece that season.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man.....****** got FLUSHED! :wink:

I also think his injuries messed him up. Plus the blocking has stunk so far this year.

OP
OP
S

showstopper4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He'll be a texan with Sherman soon enough, same blocking scheme too, I wish him the best wherever he goes.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it had to be hard to judge the running back this year because our offensive line is so offensive.

tkpckfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i dont think he did as bad as people say he did in the preseason he had nowhere to run when he did run and if u watch the games again he ran hard for the yards he got. broke alot of tackles and ran over people.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I liked him a lot and also wish him well where ever he goes. I didn't think he did bad in the Preseason, I didn't see him run much, but when I saw him run though I saw him put and shoulders down and power his way.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I liked Najeh too but I can see why they had to do it. I remember a few years ago I thought he'd be our back of the future but it all went downhill from there. I guess for now he'll still just be remembered for that closet incident in college. LOL

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah Noah Herron is pretty impressive but I think you should always have a powerback like Davenport somewhere in the Depth.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I rather of hung onto Davenport than an extra TE. I think being 4 Deep at RB is a plus for ANY team. Green Bay thinks otherwise. I still wouldn't be suprise to see another back brought in. We need a short yardage back.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you all were talking about 2003, when we had an incredible OL. Not taking anything away from Davenport, but tons of RBs would have run 5 yards per carry behind that line.

I love Davenport too, but I think TT did the right thing. I would have rather seen young talent with potential. As much as I like Davenport, he had a long history of injuries and in pre-season, Herron and Beach looked like they had more potential.

I do wish Davenport the best though. Really think '03 was the year we could have gone farther if they just let either Green or Davenport run up the middle on that 4th and 1.

PackerSacker54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
I rather of hung onto Davenport than an extra TE. I think being 4 Deep at RB is a plus for ANY team. Green Bay thinks otherwise. I still wouldn't be suprise to see another back brought in. We need a short yardage back.

Ron Dayne? :?:

ChrisC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know what you guys mean - I would have loved to keep Najeh too, but ...

At some point the promise a player shows has to be fulfilled - he has had his chances, and it seems he can't stay healthy.

On the other hand - I hear what you say about the OL - then and now. Maybe pretty much anyone could run behind our great line, pretty much no-one behind this "developing" line! :help:

The performance from all our RBs this pre-season has been underwhelming!

On the other other hand ...

Aw heck, who'd be a GM?? I wish we could have kept Davenport - but we can't keep them all. We gotta hope that sometime soon we get some of our personnel choices right - and that Brett doesn't get hurt whilst that OL is developing. :cross:

I fear the worst for this season - and I am usually a "glass half full" guy :cry:

Chris

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
just goes to show you that the O-line isn't just a bunch of fat guys that can be filled by anyone (I'm sure you guys dont think that)

I just wish the packers had a great O-line instead of having a developing line that will be good in 2 or 3 years.

Members online

Latest posts