1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

NAJEH DAVENPORTTT NOOOOOO!!!

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by showstopper4, Sep 2, 2006.

1. showstopper4

showstopper4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    WHY? jesus that sucks, he's been with us for awhile. I lvoed this guy, and still remember the year him and Green Dominated for 5 yards a carry. He's a good player no matter, that blows....

2. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    They gave him plenty of chance to show his stuff this preseason, and he didn't get it done. I'm sad to see him go too. I liked the guy.

3. SuperRat

SuperRat Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    He can't stay healthy and hasn't shown anything special this preseason/training camp

4. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That was then, this is now. I think he has lost a step because of all his injuries, and he will have a short career. Too bad. I liked him too.

5. jdlax

jdlax Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Without the stats in front of me I'm thinking Tony Fisher too averaged almost 5 years a carry that season. That was some kinda offensive line.

6. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, I'm pretty sure all three backs averaged at least 5 yards per carry apiece that season.

7. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Man.....****** got FLUSHED! :wink:

I also think his injuries messed him up. Plus the blocking has stunk so far this year.

8. showstopper4

showstopper4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    He'll be a texan with Sherman soon enough, same blocking scheme too, I wish him the best wherever he goes.

9. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I think it had to be hard to judge the running back this year because our offensive line is so offensive.

10. tkpckfan

tkpckfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    i dont think he did as bad as people say he did in the preseason he had nowhere to run when he did run and if u watch the games again he ran hard for the yards he got. broke alot of tackles and ran over people.

11. cyoung

cyoung Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    I liked him a lot and also wish him well where ever he goes. I didn't think he did bad in the Preseason, I didn't see him run much, but when I saw him run though I saw him put and shoulders down and power his way.

12. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I liked Najeh too but I can see why they had to do it. I remember a few years ago I thought he'd be our back of the future but it all went downhill from there. I guess for now he'll still just be remembered for that closet incident in college. LOL

13. Culver29

Culver29 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think a lot of it had to do with how impressed they were by Noah.

14. cyoung

cyoung Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Yeah Noah Herron is pretty impressive but I think you should always have a powerback like Davenport somewhere in the Depth.

15. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I rather of hung onto Davenport than an extra TE. I think being 4 Deep at RB is a plus for ANY team. Green Bay thinks otherwise. I still wouldn't be suprise to see another back brought in. We need a short yardage back.

16. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think you all were talking about 2003, when we had an incredible OL. Not taking anything away from Davenport, but tons of RBs would have run 5 yards per carry behind that line.

I love Davenport too, but I think TT did the right thing. I would have rather seen young talent with potential. As much as I like Davenport, he had a long history of injuries and in pre-season, Herron and Beach looked like they had more potential.

I do wish Davenport the best though. Really think '03 was the year we could have gone farther if they just let either Green or Davenport run up the middle on that 4th and 1.

17. PackerSacker54

PackerSacker54 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Ron Dayne? :?:

18. ChrisC

ChrisC Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I know what you guys mean - I would have loved to keep Najeh too, but ...

At some point the promise a player shows has to be fulfilled - he has had his chances, and it seems he can't stay healthy.

On the other hand - I hear what you say about the OL - then and now. Maybe pretty much anyone could run behind our great line, pretty much no-one behind this "developing" line! :help:

The performance from all our RBs this pre-season has been underwhelming!

On the other other hand ...

Aw heck, who'd be a GM?? I wish we could have kept Davenport - but we can't keep them all. We gotta hope that sometime soon we get some of our personnel choices right - and that Brett doesn't get hurt whilst that OL is developing. :cross:

I fear the worst for this season - and I am usually a "glass half full" guy :cry:

Chris

19. cyoung

cyoung Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    just goes to show you that the O-line isn't just a bunch of fat guys that can be filled by anyone (I'm sure you guys dont think that)

I just wish the packers had a great O-line instead of having a developing line that will be good in 2 or 3 years.