My view of Draft

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I have to admit I was as confused as anyone with this draft at first. I think most of us have our own little drafts played out and well lets be honest nobody really thought the draft would go the way it did.
After thinking on it and reviewing some film I happen to like nearly all the picks because they truly did address need.
If you are being intelectualy honest you have to admit that the 16th pick made alot of sense. I think with the VIKES choosing AP our need for a run stuffer was very very apparent. I know the guy was injured last year but he did gut out a game with that ruptured bicep. He is however 100 percent and did do 31 reps at 225 I dont think 1 percent of us on this board could do that. Also he does improve our pass rush because he does push the middle and you have to have a shrinking pocket from the front to get the edges working. The late Reggie White could tell you that.

Brandon Jackson is a very compact runner. Only real concern with him is his shoulders. However I really really like the way he runs.

Rouse was a great pick again I think this pick was a result of the bears with thier tight ends. Rouse plays better in Zone. Manuel played better in man I watched some of last years highlights and it appeared to me that manuel got a case of the paraylisis by analysis he often looked lost in zone packages and missed assignments.

I dont know much about the other guys but I do think TT found a possible gem in Harris in the 7th round. He is a tall lanky tight end really in the mold of Chewy. Catches with his hands and runs well after the catch. He will be a great man in between the 20's. Bubba has always been a RZ TE and this may be what the doctor ordered.

I think this draft should tell you what TT and MM think about this team and we should look at it like they do. This was a need and depth draft. ST got alot of attention from round 4 through 7. If you look at the good teams around the league ST was the hinge. D is the door. I think that this team will be just fine.

In this 3rd year I think we will see more progress and get a big sniff of the promised land. I may be wrong but lets consider even Wolf need 4 years to get to the SB

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't read your post, I just came to say that yes, you do not matter.

edit - K, i read it now. All we can do is wait and see at this point.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe Harrell had 35 reps, not 31.

I agree with your main point. This team will be dominant in 2 years- there is no quick fix, we fans need to be patient.

For everyone who brings up NO. Wait for this season. I'm willing to bet that they miss the playoffs this year or go one and done.

I'm also willing to bet that even if we don't do exceptionally well this season, everyone will recognize us as an "up-and-coming" team.

Members online

Latest posts