My take on last two games and the offense

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
People seem REAL worried about our offense and inability??? of playing like last year.

Our offense has had issues with the Bears and the cover 2... even the NFC Champ game, we had issues...There have had some high scoring (over 24) but not to often...

so not scoring a ton this time shouldnt be a shock to anyone..

And the Niners will have the best defense in the league..

I firmly believe that the offense will come around once they face the "easier" defenses

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have serious concerns with the offense. 2 Favre like performances makes me wonder. They are clearly going through a slump

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
week 1: not great defense, not great offense
week 2: great defense, not great offense
week 3: ...both defense and offense return to greatness?! :)

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
The problem is this: 2011 offense will be hard to duplicate. It wasn't a fluke, but is was just on fire. Those types of offensive displays don't come around all the time and trying to duplicate them is hard to do. People just need to stop being worry warts. The offense will come around sooner than later. All that matters is that you put that "W" in the win/lose colum. I could care less if Arod throws for 200 yds per game, as long as we win!!!!

SCpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The problem is this: 2011 offense will be hard to duplicate. It wasn't a fluke, but is was just on fire. Those types of offensive displays don't come around all the time and trying to duplicate them is hard to do. People just need to stop being worry warts. The offense will come around sooner than later. All that matters is that you put that "W" in the win/lose colum. I could care less if Arod throws for 200 yds per game, as long as we win!!!!

My fantasy team cares if he only throws 200 yds!

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Exactly..

People want it to be like last year, but it that was a MAGICAL season for the offense.

ARod

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My biggest concern is not so much that they aren't putting 45 points on the board each game, it's that they lack that... crispness they had last year before their loss to KC. The receivers are dropping passes left and right, they aren't finishing their routes, and overall they are having a hard time staying on the field. 3-and-outs with the qb and all the weapons they have downfield (and now with the ground game improving) should be an anomaly, not the norm...

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The talent is there. The OL, in theory, should be better. Only Driver is on the downside as far as skill positions go. The future is bright. Not sure why we don't appear to be firing on all cylinders. My guess is that teams had a whole offseason to study what we were doing and how the Giants were able to shut us down. I leave it to MM to make some adjustments and re-emerge as a force. I thought last night the Pack was more committed to the run since the departure of Ahman Green.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
The talent is there. The OL, in theory, should be better. Only Driver is on the downside as far as skill positions go. The future is bright. Not sure why we don't appear to be firing on all cylinders. My guess is that teams had a whole offseason to study what we were doing and how the Giants were able to shut us down. I leave it to MM to make some adjustments and re-emerge as a force. I thought last night the Pack was more committed to the run since the departure of Ahman Green.

In Driver's defense, he handled the hot throw when the other receivers were dropping them. He still has hands even if he isn't as fast as he once was.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
My biggest concern is not so much that they aren't putting 45 points on the board each game, it's that they lack that... crispness they had last year before their loss to KC. The receivers are dropping passes left and right, they aren't finishing their routes, and overall they are having a hard time staying on the field. 3-and-outs with the qb and all the weapons they have downfield (and now with the ground game improving) should be an anomaly, not the norm...

My theory is they faced two tough defenses..

Niners are just so good, and Rodgers has issues with the Bears majority of the time

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
I can't WAIT for the Seattle game. It's a long ways off, but damn I am hungry for more packers football. The D should be licking their chops at this game too. Rookie R. Wilson should be a tad scared as well.

I think that the Seattle game is when our offensive explosion will happen for the first time this year. 35+ points.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I come away from most Bears games feeling like we scored about as few points as we could have and left some on the field. They play each other at least twice and I think knowing formations and tendencies may favor the defense?

The Bears never saw the fake field goal play before though did they? Pants to the ground.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I come away from most Bears games feeling like we scored about as few points as we could have and left some on the field. They play each other at least twice and I think knowing formations and tendencies may favor the defense?

The Bears never saw the fake field goal play before though did they? Pants to the ground.
Last time we used it it failed.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts