1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

My take on last two games and the offense

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by longtimefan, Sep 14, 2012.

1. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,983
    People seem REAL worried about our offense and inability??? of playing like last year.

Our offense has had issues with the Bears and the cover 2... even the NFC Champ game, we had issues...There have had some high scoring (over 24) but not to often...

so not scoring a ton this time shouldnt be a shock to anyone..

And the Niners will have the best defense in the league..

I firmly believe that the offense will come around once they face the "easier" defenses

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,116
    I have serious concerns with the offense. 2 Favre like performances makes me wonder. They are clearly going through a slump

3. VolvoD

VolvoD Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +643
    week 1: not great defense, not great offense
    week 2: great defense, not great offense
    week 3: ...both defense and offense return to greatness?! :)

4. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    The problem is this: 2011 offense will be hard to duplicate. It wasn't a fluke, but is was just on fire. Those types of offensive displays don't come around all the time and trying to duplicate them is hard to do. People just need to stop being worry warts. The offense will come around sooner than later. All that matters is that you put that "W" in the win/lose colum. I could care less if Arod throws for 200 yds per game, as long as we win!!!!

5. SCpackerfan

SCpackerfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +21
    My fantasy team cares if he only throws 200 yds!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453

sorry bro, but fantasy football does not win football games. lol.....feel bad for you thou....

7. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,983
    Exactly..

People want it to be like last year, but it that was a MAGICAL season for the offense.

8. ARod

ARod Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +16
    My biggest concern is not so much that they aren't putting 45 points on the board each game, it's that they lack that... crispness they had last year before their loss to KC. The receivers are dropping passes left and right, they aren't finishing their routes, and overall they are having a hard time staying on the field. 3-and-outs with the qb and all the weapons they have downfield (and now with the ground game improving) should be an anomaly, not the norm...

9. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,863
    The talent is there. The OL, in theory, should be better. Only Driver is on the downside as far as skill positions go. The future is bright. Not sure why we don't appear to be firing on all cylinders. My guess is that teams had a whole offseason to study what we were doing and how the Giants were able to shut us down. I leave it to MM to make some adjustments and re-emerge as a force. I thought last night the Pack was more committed to the run since the departure of Ahman Green.

10. Croak

Croak Terminally twisted.

Ratings:
    +1,333
    In Driver's defense, he handled the hot throw when the other receivers were dropping them. He still has hands even if he isn't as fast as he once was.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    Driver came in cold and caught a laser pass for a TD.....can't say that such for any of the other WR's.

12. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,983
    My theory is they faced two tough defenses..

Niners are just so good, and Rodgers has issues with the Bears majority of the time

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    I can't WAIT for the Seattle game. It's a long ways off, but damn I am hungry for more packers football. The D should be licking their chops at this game too. Rookie R. Wilson should be a tad scared as well.

I think that the Seattle game is when our offensive explosion will happen for the first time this year. 35+ points.

14. warhawk

warhawk Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    I come away from most Bears games feeling like we scored about as few points as we could have and left some on the field. They play each other at least twice and I think knowing formations and tendencies may favor the defense?

The Bears never saw the fake field goal play before though did they? Pants to the ground.

15. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Last time we used it it failed.