My final thought

PackisBack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm leaving in t-minus 5 minutes for Pittsburgh to watch the game at a buddies house. I wanted to leave you all with one final note before I head into enemy territory (for the 3rd time this season! 2nd playoff time) for the big game.

We absolutely exceeded expectations this year. We were pre-season favorites, then week 1 hit in Philly and it seemed like our chances took a huge hit. The injuries kept rolling, including our QB and MVP (cmon...) Aaron Rodgers missing games. We've put 15 players on injured reserve over the course of the season, yet we persevered and here we are now, in the big game, the game we've all been dreaming of since we lost to Elway many years ago.

Kudos to Mike Mccarthy, Ted Thompson, Aaron, Chucky Chuck, Driver, Dom Capers, and literally the entire rest of our roster. (IR guys, this is for you too) You showed that the NFL is a team game, and that means not only starting players, but coaches, backups, the front office, and even practice squad guys stepped up in a huge way.

Regardless of what happens, this has been my favorite season to experience in 15+ years of cheesehead pride. (especially having tickets to the playoff game in philly, man I loved every second of that win with 70,000 of the enemy screaming at me.) Despite the fact that we made the playoffs last year, we are an infinitely better team this year. This leads me to believe that we have many, many great seasons ahead of us. The Pack is Back baby.

That being said, GO PACK GO.

Titletown is bringing the trophy home. :king:

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Have a GREAT time!!! Surely you'll check back in before kickoff....
(i need to log off and get buuuuuusy!! aaack!!!)

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
season has been a success no matter what. We beat the Bears in the NFC championship, that alone would keep me happy for a long time.
Win or lose, let's never ever forget this.
And also remember that Burnt Fail was beaten both times this year.
The Pack is back.
Go Pack Go!

EJ Blitz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you going to be the only cheesehead in a sea of black and gold? that's brutal.

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
Is it my imagination? We seem more worried and more ready to accept losing than Steelers fans do. Why do you guys think that is? I have run into so many Steelers fans that seem to have 100% confidence they can't lose this game. Either they really do believe that, or tough talking is just their style and they don't feel embarrassed loudly declaring things that don't materialize. (I never predict a sure victory for Green Bay. Ever. I've seen too much over the years - I just can't do that.)

Of course, I could have said the same about Bears, Eagles, and some Falcons fans. It's always all about how we don't stand a chance.

Well, I guess we did.

I'm proud of this team no matter what happens, and I will love them like I've loved them for more years than I want to publicly reveal here. Maybe it's all the people picking the Steelers in the media or something, but I feel like more people are thinking we aren't going to finish the job than in weeks past - am I mistaken?

I'm a pessimistic fan and there's no hope for me, but I hope I AM mistaken about some of the rest of you. Am I?

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it is because a lot of Packer fans have been heart broken so many times. Since SB XXXII there have been so many let downs, it is hard to actually believe the team is as good as they look. I am always cautious when it comes to the Packers (and for that matter, all of my favorite teams). I want them to win so bad it hurts but honestly I cannot imagen them winning, because I don't have a reference point in my adult life. Steeler fans don't have this problem of course.

It is actually surreal for me that the Packers are even in the SB honestly.

Reverend Conehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is it my imagination? We seem more worried and more ready to accept losing than Steelers fans do. Why do you guys think that is? I have run into so many Steelers fans that seem to have 100% confidence they can't lose this game. Either they really do believe that, or tough talking is just their style and they don't feel embarrassed loudly declaring things that don't materialize. (I never predict a sure victory for Green Bay. Ever. I've seen too much over the years - I just can't do that.)

Of course, I could have said the same about Bears, Eagles, and some Falcons fans. It's always all about how we don't stand a chance.

Well, I guess we did.

I'm proud of this team no matter what happens, and I will love them like I've loved them for more years than I want to publicly reveal here. Maybe it's all the people picking the Steelers in the media or something, but I feel like more people are thinking we aren't going to finish the job than in weeks past - am I mistaken?

I'm a pessimistic fan and there's no hope for me, but I hope I AM mistaken about some of the rest of you. Am I?

I think the Steelers' overconfidence will work against them.

OP
OP
PackisBack

PackisBack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you going to be the only cheesehead in a sea of black and gold? that's brutal.

I'm officially the only one here. 20 or so people are gonna be at the house come Sunday, and I'll be the only one with Green to go with my Gold :p

Also not nearly as brutal as the playoff game at the Linc. ******** those fans were rough drunk bastards.

OP
OP
PackisBack

PackisBack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Well, I guess we did.

Sorry if my post was misinterpreted. I am confident we will win, because I am confident in our team play and have full belief that this is our season.

I just wanted to make it clear that Im damn proud of the way we have played and what we have overcome regardless of the outcome Sunday.

LombardiChick

Reaction score
I think yeah, I have been heartbroken so much that I'm afraid to completely believe. I take the losses really hard, and obviously I want this one really bad (for myself, naturally - but mostly for the team and some other people I really want to have it) - it's just a stupid thing I go through every game. I know, 100%, that they're perfectly capable of taking it to anyone. That's not really what I worry about.

I just worry about losing in spite of that fact. They just have four more quarters, and it's all theirs. Just four.

:prayer: :prayer: :prayer:

It's probably just all the Steeler love in the media that's getting to me. Wish I could shake it off. (The runup to XXXI was SO MUCH like this.)

LombardiChick

Reaction score
Sorry if my post was misinterpreted. I am confident we will win, because I am confident in our team play and have full belief that this is our season.

I just wanted to make it clear that Im damn proud of the way we have played and what we have overcome regardless of the outcome Sunday.

Oh no - it wasn't you. It was just a subtle thing I feel like I'm picking up in the comments in general. In contrast to the Steelers fans around the 'net, you don't see a lot of "HELL YEAH WE GOT THIS, THEY DON'T STAND A CHANCE" from our side.

That's kind of never been the Packer style anyway, even when we have every reason to be confident. We're almost never like that. We always leave a little window. (I do this myself - always. Doesn't matter who we're playing - the most you'll get out of me is, "We should win.")

I guess I can stop dragging this out. I'll just say win or lose, I love my Packers, and I am proud to be a fan of this team (pretty much like you said) - and GO PACK GO!! PLEASE!! :lol:

Thank you all for participating in this therapy. I will give my insurance card to the receptionist. :smile:

The PowerOfCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's probably just all the Steeler love in the media that's getting to me. Wish I could shake it off. (The runup to XXXI was SO MUCH like this.)

This actually makes me MORE confident the Pack can and will win. Can't tell you how many people were telling me how Green Bay was gonna play in the SB against New England before the Championship game against the Giants. I always feel the Packers will lay a huge egg if the media gets too cozy with them.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Kitten's sig has the best quote for this season
"Reports of our demise have been greatly exaggerated."

We as a fan base kind of got cocky, then after our star players went dropping like flies, and their replacements took in their rolls fantastically, and we got iffy. This season was a success, and the NFC Championship game proved their case. A Super Bowl win would be icing on the cake. I really think our team is headed in a direction more prepared for a fight than victory, and that is a key difference than the Steelers. I am proud of the Packers, and happily been wearing their colors on my back the whole year not just during the season saying they are a great team.

LombardiChick

Reaction score
Kitten's sig has the best quote for this season
"Reports of our demise have been greatly exaggerated."

We as a fan base kind of got cocky, then after our star players went dropping like flies, and their replacements took in their rolls fantastically, and we got iffy. This season was a success, and the NFC Championship game proved their case. A Super Bowl win would be icing on the cake. I really think our team is headed in a direction more prepared for a fight than victory, and that is a key difference than the Steelers. I am proud of the Packers, and happily been wearing their colors on my back the whole year not just during the season saying they are a great team.

I'm curious what this means. If I understand it, it might help me get through the weekend. :grin: (I'm not getting it - slow, tired, or both. LOL)

LombardiChick

Reaction score
Leaving for the night with this from NFL.com via JSOnline:

Analysts and writers at NFL.com have posted their Super Bowl predictions. The Packers get the nod over the Steelers, 8 votes to 6. Steve Mariucci of the NFL Network picks the Packers and says: "This is a very evenly matched game with two similar defenses with scheme and talent and two similar quarterbacks that are the best in the NFL at making plays outside the pocket. However, Green Bay has the better offensive line and the better receiving corps. Aaron Rogers will benefit from these advantages."

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I mean that the Packers are more focused on the 4 quarters ahead of them. They know they are coming into a tough game, where offense, defense, and special teams will need to correct the mistakes that will happen. No one on the team has made it past where they are right now, so they don't know everything that victory has in store for them. The team has had some crushing losses, and does not want to repeat it, and two of those losses happened at the start of their win streak. The overconfidence blow of the Lions and the hard fought blow of the Patriots.

The Steelers on the other hand have won the Super Bowl on more than one occasion, and from my understanding are looking at it more as a game with 4 quarters in it. They know how big the game is, and they have had so many crucial plays at the right time that they can have confidence in it. From what I have seen here is how the two have won crucial games.

Packers have an interception that stops the potential game winning drive. Their defense has the more often than not amazing stop that saves the day.

Steelers have a game winning drive. Their offense more often than not have the amazing catch that saves the day.

I just think the Packers feel they have to fight for the win, rather than the Steelers who think they can stomp the Packers.

OP
OP
PackisBack

PackisBack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Powarun is right. This team is focused on playing the game, not running the victory lap afterwards. Watching that Lombardi speech was the icing on the cake for me, though. If McCarthy shows them that video, I'll be driving out to Green Bay for the victory parade ;)

Also Lombardi Chick, if you're stressed out you can always come join me in Pitt. for the weekend. There's still time to get here. I could use the extra support haha

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm leaving in t-minus 5 minutes for Pittsburgh to watch the game at a buddies house. I wanted to leave you all with one final note before I head into enemy territory (for the 3rd time this season! 2nd playoff time) for the big game.

We absolutely exceeded expectations this year. We were pre-season favorites, then week 1 hit in Philly and it seemed like our chances took a huge hit. The injuries kept rolling, including our QB and MVP (cmon...) Aaron Rodgers missing games. We've put 15 players on injured reserve over the course of the season, yet we persevered and here we are now, in the big game, the game we've all been dreaming of since we lost to Elway many years ago.

Kudos to Mike Mccarthy, Ted Thompson, Aaron, Chucky Chuck, Driver, Dom Capers, and literally the entire rest of our roster. (IR guys, this is for you too) You showed that the NFL is a team game, and that means not only starting players, but coaches, backups, the front office, and even practice squad guys stepped up in a huge way.

Regardless of what happens, this has been my favorite season to experience in 15+ years of cheesehead pride. (especially having tickets to the playoff game in philly, man I loved every second of that win with 70,000 of the enemy screaming at me.) Despite the fact that we made the playoffs last year, we are an infinitely better team this year. This leads me to believe that we have many, many great seasons ahead of us. The Pack is Back baby.

That being said, GO PACK GO.

Titletown is bringing the trophy home. :king:

If you're as young as your picture, you have great wisdom for your age. Great post.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Even if we don't win the SB, beating the Bears in the NFCCG and hoisting the Halas trophy in their house is a GREAT consolation prize. That will keep me happy for a long time.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
20 years young. Can't even hit a bar to enjoy the big game :Arrgghh:

Come to Lambeau next year and I'll treat you to your favorite beverage.

I hope your Pittsburgh friends don't commit suicide Sunday.

OP
OP
PackisBack

PackisBack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Come to Lambeau next year and I'll treat you to your favorite beverage.

I hope your Pittsburgh friends don't commit suicide Sunday.

I'm gonna take you up on that offer haha. Birthday is in September how does first home game sound?

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts