My detailed mock draft

superquest

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I know the experts say we are picking an OT in the first round but were the Packers and we always find good OL men in the later rounds. The OL also played good the 2nd half the season and we also resigned Clifton. We lost Kampman so we need to replace him. Al Harris has lost a step and is coming off knee surgery. Bigby is always hurt and can't cover so good bye to him. Make Nick Collins happy and resign him. Having said that here's my draft picks: 23) WILSON CB BOISE ST OR McCOURTY CB RUTGERS 56) JONES SAFETY LSU OR ROLLE SAFETY FSU 87) CAPERS OT WV 123) FOX OT THE U 156) WITTEN DE/LB UCONN 172) WILLIAMS WR SYRACUSE 196) DEADERICK DE/DT ALABAMA 234) ALFRED CENTER WASH ST If you got questions on my picks fire away. I got my pick ideas from Scouts inc.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wilson wouldn't be bad as a first round pick but Mccourty lacks elite football instincts to push him up anywhere near the first. Chad Jones would be a great pick if available in the 2nd but Myron Rolle can be had in later rounds. Capers and fox are horrible O-lineman and they'll need multiple seasons to develop. I'd rather take a lineman with pick 23 that we can start by this season or the next. I'm surprised that we aren't picking a punter.

REALPackerFan77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't we want to draft a RT with our first pick?

This year's drafted was screwed up LAST year! Teddy got LUCKY by drafting Matthews late in the first round, and shouldn't have drafted Raji. He should've traded up and gotten Andre Smith, or back to get Oher. But he didn't.

NOW we have 2 starting right tackles (Tauscher, and let's be honest Clifton needs to move over or inside at this point in his career) and NO quality left tackle anymore.

We need to draft a LEFT tackle...at least one corner, one offensive guard, a top quality wide receiver (I'd try to draft that FIRST) because Jennings is a very good 2, but not a 1 and Driver whom I love is 34. A good back (I had heard Spiller's name mentioned with GB) would work as well. I just see too many holes on this team, and Thompson having done nothing to fill any of them.

Mike

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TRADE the 1st round pick to dallas and move back two spots
THEN trade that Pick to Seattle
This will give us 3 or maybe 4 picks in the 2nd round!
The only sure thing in this draft is that McCluster will be drafted by GB sometime in rnd 2

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I know the experts say we are picking an OT in the first round but were the Packers and we always find good OL men in the later rounds. The OL also played good the 2nd half the season and we also resigned Clifton. We lost Kampman so we need to replace him. Al Harris has lost a step and is coming off knee surgery. Bigby is always hurt and can't cover so good bye to him. Make Nick Collins happy and resign him. Having said that here's my draft picks: 23) WILSON CB BOISE ST OR McCOURTY CB RUTGERS 56) JONES SAFETY LSU OR ROLLE SAFETY FSU 87) CAPERS OT WV 123) FOX OT THE U 156) WITTEN DE/LB UCONN 172) WILLIAMS WR SYRACUSE 196) DEADERICK DE/DT ALABAMA 234) ALFRED CENTER WASH ST If you got questions on my picks fire away. I got my pick ideas from Scouts inc.
You forgot a punter.

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess if Driver went down........it would not be a good thing. With that being said, I do like James Jones, he just needs some more playing time.

That could be said for anyone. It would be bad if Clifton got injured this season. We have Jennings and Finley looks like a decent receiver. Then we have Jordy Nelson and James Jones who could possibly step up. There's not THAT big of a need to get a receiver in the first 3 rounds.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I guess if Driver went down........it would not be a good thing. With that being said, I do like James Jones, he just needs some more playing time.
Given that philosophy, we should probably take Tebow. We're most screwed if Rodgers goes down, so we should draft a QB based on that philosophy.

I don't think you can ever go into a draft saying "well, if so and so gets hurt we'll need a replacement". I think you need to draft based on what you have, not who you think will get hurt.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Given that philosophy, we should probably take Tebow. We're most screwed if Rodgers goes down, so we should draft a QB based on that philosophy.

I don't think you can ever go into a draft saying "well, if so and so gets hurt we'll need a replacement". I think you need to draft based on what you have, not who you think will get hurt.

Its about depth. With your comment "if so and so gets hurt we'll need a replacement".........well.......lets apply that to the O-line. What happens if Clifton gets hurt in the 3rd game of the season. Do you actually think TT is not thinking about that? What if Charles Woodson goes down? Sure........lets throw Bush in there to replace Woodson........NOT. Lets replace Clifton with College........NOT. I agree that we are not thin at WR......and we have other needs....... but.......the teams in the playoffs..........have depth......everywhere. As far as my philosophy is concerned.......we do need another QB. Do ya think if Rodgers goes down with a torn ACL we have any chance of going anywhere? TT was lucky Rodgers survived the 1st half of the season last year. Think about this scenario. Rodgers goes out in the 3rd game of the year with a torn ACL........Clifton goes down in the 4th game of the year.......! Now we have a crappy QB.......with how many NFL starts? 0 and he is running for his life on just about every play. If you do not draft to improve the depth of the team........you are setting yourself up for failure. Not having depth is just as bad as having Matt Millen managing a NFL franchise.

claybillings

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A WR would be a WASTED pick that early. No rookie WR is going to have any significant impact this season and we are a team on the brink of a super bowl, we need people who can help us now, not some guy who is going to sit on the bench behind all our other talented skill players.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A WR would be a WASTED pick that early. No rookie WR is going to have any significant impact this season and we are a team on the brink of a super bowl, we need people who can help us now, not some guy who is going to sit on the bench behind all our other talented skill players.
I agree, I was just trying to play devils advocate on my last post. We already have pretty good starters........and depth at the WR position. If you ask me........I would actually get kinda pissed off if we took a WR at #23

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed. Not only that, we're buttload of young Wrs...

And we can find a kick returner later on, or if this Corey Dillon kid is good, or whatever...

Members online

Latest posts