My Bears analysis.

Havners Heroes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure if linking to your own site is allowed on here or not (I know some admins don't like it), so if not feel free to delete this thread. But I've written an analysis of the Chicago Bears for my blog, and I thought you guys might find it interesting. I'll be writing on the Packers later this week... I'm doing one conference championship team per day.

Seven Days of Sunday: Championship Week: Chicago Bears

If you like it, go ahead and give me a follow! :D

:chisux:

cakoski

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is a pretty good analysis. I agree I think Chicago's front 7 is very good. I hope Starks provides something for them to think about and slow them. But this game may come down to Special Teams. In the first game Hester returns one in the 2nd game the Packers change field position using the kicking game. That was really the difference maker in both games

OP
OP
Havners Heroes

Havners Heroes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I'd be surprised if the Bears win this game, but a lot of Packers fans are acting as though this game may as well not even be played. I certainly don't think it's a blowout. Divisional matchups in the playoffs almost never are, especially in heated rivalry games. I expect the Packers to win somewhat comfortably, but I think there could be some nerve racking moments in the first three quarters before we pull away for good.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
If Hester does a big run, the Packers just need to do what happened in Atlanta, its not a favorable scenario by any means, but stranger things have happened between these two teams.

SyX

Stranger in a strange land
Reaction score
If Hester does a big run, the Packers just need to do what happened in Atlanta, its not a favorable scenario by any means, but stranger things have happened between these two teams.

Seattle did a great job of limiting Hester. He had 3 combined returns for a total of 21 yards. He's the one player for the Bears that scares the hell out of me. As a Colts fan, I'm still having nightmares about the opening kickoff in the Super Bowl.

Krymestone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
don't underestimate lovie's horseshoe. the bears have been one of the more fortunate teams this year. i think it's a great match up.

Purplepeopleeater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It really should be a good game. I didn't remember the score of the last game, but I was pretty surprised that the Packers only managed to score 10 points on the Bears. Chicago really did not have much to play for in that game, and it meant everything to Green Bay.

IMO it is going to come down to whether your offensive line can give Rodgers enough time, cause I doubt you will be able to do much with the running game.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
It really should be a good game. I didn't remember the score of the last game, but I was pretty surprised that the Packers only managed to score 10 points on the Bears. Chicago really did not have much to play for in that game, and it meant everything to Green Bay.
The Bears didnt want the Pack in the playoffs..It is on RECORD players said it to cameras during warm ups..Seen it on SoundFx on NFLN..So dont say they had nothing to play for..If that was the case, then why did the starters play all game?

IMO it is going to come down to whether your offensive line can give Rodgers enough time, cause I doubt you will be able to do much with the running game.

I dont think the Bears do a ton of blitzing, their 4 can get pressure..If Rodgers does have all day its game over..

BearDroppings

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The idea of the Superbowl scares me. Especially if we have to play a certain team, with a clutch QB, and a defense that could rattle us for days. The Superbowl idea if we beat the Bears is to overwhelming.

OP
OP
Havners Heroes

Havners Heroes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The idea of the Superbowl scares me. Especially if we have to play a certain team, with a clutch QB, and a defense that could rattle us for days. The Superbowl idea if we beat the Bears is to overwhelming.

The way Rodgers is playing right now though, I'll pit him against any defense in the league with the utmost confidence. Dude's been absolutely lethal since he came back from the concussion.

Gumba

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cutler is going to get frazzled under pressure and either fumble or throw an INT. If the Packers aren't able to stop their running game there's no winning

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aside from the horseshoe and Hester, there is only one other thing that scares me. While the coverage on the receivers should be good I don't like it when Forte and Olsen release over the middle with only AJ covering them. Hopefully Capers has something up his sleave for this situation because that really seems to be Jay's favorite place to go when coverage is good.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts