1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

My Bears analysis.

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Havners Heroes, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Havners Heroes

Havners Heroes Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +45
    Not sure if linking to your own site is allowed on here or not (I know some admins don't like it), so if not feel free to delete this thread. But I've written an analysis of the Chicago Bears for my blog, and I thought you guys might find it interesting. I'll be writing on the Packers later this week... I'm doing one conference championship team per day.

Seven Days of Sunday: Championship Week: Chicago Bears

If you like it, go ahead and give me a follow! :D

:chisux:

• Like Like x 1
  2. cakoski

cakoski Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    It is a pretty good analysis. I agree I think Chicago's front 7 is very good. I hope Starks provides something for them to think about and slow them. But this game may come down to Special Teams. In the first game Hester returns one in the 2nd game the Packers change field position using the kicking game. That was really the difference maker in both games

3. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,798
    I'm not too worried with Dom Capers on our side.

4. Havners Heroes

Ratings:
    +45
    Yeah, I'd be surprised if the Bears win this game, but a lot of Packers fans are acting as though this game may as well not even be played. I certainly don't think it's a blowout. Divisional matchups in the playoffs almost never are, especially in heated rivalry games. I expect the Packers to win somewhat comfortably, but I think there could be some nerve racking moments in the first three quarters before we pull away for good.

5. aaronqb

aaronqb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +73
    woo hoo

6. Powarun

Powarun Big Bay Blues fan

Ratings:
    +420
    If Hester does a big run, the Packers just need to do what happened in Atlanta, its not a favorable scenario by any means, but stranger things have happened between these two teams.

7. SyX

SyX Stranger in a strange land

Ratings:
    +90
    Seattle did a great job of limiting Hester. He had 3 combined returns for a total of 21 yards. He's the one player for the Bears that scares the hell out of me. As a Colts fan, I'm still having nightmares about the opening kickoff in the Super Bowl.

8. Krymestone

Krymestone Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    don't underestimate lovie's horseshoe. the bears have been one of the more fortunate teams this year. i think it's a great match up.

9. Purplepeopleeater

Purplepeopleeater Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +40
    It really should be a good game. I didn't remember the score of the last game, but I was pretty surprised that the Packers only managed to score 10 points on the Bears. Chicago really did not have much to play for in that game, and it meant everything to Green Bay.

IMO it is going to come down to whether your offensive line can give Rodgers enough time, cause I doubt you will be able to do much with the running game.

10. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,480
    The Bears didnt want the Pack in the playoffs..It is on RECORD players said it to cameras during warm ups..Seen it on SoundFx on NFLN..So dont say they had nothing to play for..If that was the case, then why did the starters play all game?

I dont think the Bears do a ton of blitzing, their 4 can get pressure..If Rodgers does have all day its game over..

11. BearDroppings

BearDroppings Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +40
    The idea of the Superbowl scares me. Especially if we have to play a certain team, with a clutch QB, and a defense that could rattle us for days. The Superbowl idea if we beat the Bears is to overwhelming.

12. Havners Heroes

Ratings:
    +45
    The way Rodgers is playing right now though, I'll pit him against any defense in the league with the utmost confidence. Dude's been absolutely lethal since he came back from the concussion.

13. Gumba

Gumba Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    cutler is going to get frazzled under pressure and either fumble or throw an INT. If the Packers aren't able to stop their running game there's no winning

14. 7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,071
    Aside from the horseshoe and Hester, there is only one other thing that scares me. While the coverage on the receivers should be good I don't like it when Forte and Olsen release over the middle with only AJ covering them. Hopefully Capers has something up his sleave for this situation because that really seems to be Jay's favorite place to go when coverage is good.