Muhammad Wilkerson????

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Reminds me of Albert Haynesworth.

Get paid, get lazy.

or Joe Johnson for the Packers. Although he was signed under Mike Sherman's watch, I still think that his bust factor had lingering long term effects on how TT and the rest of the Packers organization approached Free Agency.

D

Deleted member 6794

Yeah I can agree with that. I'd rather have Lowry at his salary. Really I'd only be cool with them adding Wilkinson on a cheap one year deal if he sits on the market. He'd give the team a really strong 5 man rotation. Clark, Daniels, Lowry, Wilkinson, and Adams whose development over the off season could see him become a nice contributor he's got all the physical tools

I highly doubt that Wilkerson will agree to a cheap one year deal or sit on the market for a long time as a desperate team will overpay for his services.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His first visit will be with the Packers according to Rapoport.

If Pettine can motivate him, would be huge.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They don’t need to waste money on that but I bet it happens

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There have been games in the past where Mo Wilkerson was nearly unblockable but I don't see him returning to that form. Can't see how the Packers have any cap room to sign him knowing that AR will break the bank.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd take him if he's on the cheap. Nowhere near his old contract.
We need a button you can click for common phrases like "keep him on the cheap," "1 year prove it deal," and "kick the tires on..." Would literally save people minutes of time over the course of their lives.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need a button you can click for common phrases like "keep him on the cheap," "1 year prove it deal," and "kick the tires on..." Would literally save people minutes of time over the course of their lives.

I think we should kick the tires on this idea, provided we can get it on a one year prove it deal and then try to keep it on the cheap.

Thoughts mods?

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There have been games in the past where Mo Wilkerson was nearly unblockable but I don't see him returning to that form. Can't see how the Packers have any cap room to sign him knowing that AR will break the bank.

It is quite possible, I would almost say likely, that Rodger's new contract will result in a lower cap number for 2018 and possibly even 2019 depending on how they treat the guaranteed money (guarantee salary, signing bonus, roster bonus etc.) He is set to make 40 million over the next 2 years in salary. If they convert most of that into a signing bonus they can stretch it out over 5 years and it will lower the cap hit this year and next by quite a bit. He gets a lower salary this year and next because he gets a check for 40 million up front.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

With TT no longer fully calling the shots, I would like to move on from some of the "Teddism's" and maybe start talking about some "Gute Moves" "Got him at a Gute value".......

n4t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers NEED to upgrade the pass rush, and this might be the one way we have available to do it this year. The lack of EDGE players in FA and the Draft is a real bummer.

jetfixer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers NEED to upgrade the pass rush, and this might be the one way we have available to do it this year. The lack of EDGE players in FA and the Draft is a real bummer.
I believe the draft has a good many decent edge guys this year. Certainly one for us at 14 if we choose to go that way.

OP
OP
F

FaninColorado

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the price is right, Muhammad would be a positive addition that would allow us to add more depth to other positions that need upgrades. Muhammad, Daniels, Clark is a very solid middle of the line and allows us to draft defensive playmakers that we definitely need to add immediately.

Born Sinner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Jets just paid 9M just to cut him (read between the lines there). They know his situation better than we do. To top that we do know he’s been injury prone, on the downslope and now he’s approaching his twilight years. We don’t have that kinda $ to blow on our D line. We recently invested in Big Mike, we also threw a 1st and 3rd round pick at D line in the last 2 drafts. Unless Pettine knows him from his NY days and can steal him on the cheap and he fits some sort of specific objective (doubtful) this isn’t a smart move IMO

So let me get this straight... I've been lurking here for a while and I see constant whining about our lack of aggressiveness in free agency. So we get a new GM who kicks off our offseason with the possibility of solidifying our defensive front, and this is what you have to say? Lol. Stop acting like you're paying the players out of your pocket and stop acting like you know better than the front office of professionals. You don't. Get over yourself. This would be an absolute blockbuster and game changer for this defense.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
So let me get this straight... I've been lurking here for a while and I see constant whining about our lack of aggressiveness in free agency. So we get a new GM who kicks off our offseason with the possibility of solidifying our defensive front, and this is what you have to say? Lol. Stop acting like you're paying the players out of your pocket and stop acting like you know better than the front office of professionals. You don't. Get over yourself. This would be an absolute blockbuster and game changer for this defense.

I tend to agree. Adding him to what the Packers already have would be pretty sweet. I believe Pettine can get him to play and put him the right situation to be effective for us.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not everyone advocated for more aggressive FA acquisitions.
Not everyone thinks Wilkerson will be a worthwhile upgrade. (If he is so great why are the Jets dumping him?)

Quit acting like yours is the only opinion that matters.
Quit acting like there is no such thing as a salary cap.
Quit acting like you know more than Oldschool.
And quit being so condescending as if your opinion is more important.

Born Sinner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not everyone advocated for more aggressive FA acquisitions.
Not everyone thinks Wilkerson will be a worthwhile upgrade. (If he is so great why are the Jets dumping him?)

Quit acting like yours is the only opinion that matters.
Quit acting like there is no such thing as a salary cap.
Quit acting like you know more than Oldschool.
And quit being so condescending as if your opinion is more important.

Not everyone advocated for it? Hasn't it been well known that the lack of action in free agency is one of the main causes for the Packers losing out on chances to improve and getting Rodgers another ring? That's not an opinion. It's a fact, and the idea that you all can find the negativity in a free agent acquisition that absolutely improves this team's defense is laughable. As if you all know there are much better options out there. Teams dump players for many reasons aside from talent. Why did KC trade Peters? You're telling me you wouldn't want Peters because KC doesn't want him anymore? LOL okay man.

Is it really an opinion that Wilkerson would be an upgrade and provide a boost to our defensive front?
Salary cap? Again, you don't know better than our FO. Stop acting like it. I'm supporting their decisions, not acting like there's no such thing as a salary cap. I trust they'll make the right call because IT'S THEIR JOB. STICK TO YOUR JOB.
I do know more than Oldschool. He's not worth a damn to me nor do I know who the hell he is. I also don't care who he is, if that helps.
Again, it's not an opinion. It's a fact that Wilkerson is an upgrade and improvement to our defensive front, which lacked the pass rush needed to make an impact.

How about this one for you buddy...Quit acting like you've got the knowledge that surpasses the members of our front office. Try that for a change.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IF Wilkerson actually decides to play, he's an upgrade.

If he continues like he has since he got paid, then he would be an overpaid free agent that causes locker room friction.

This isn't a no-brainer by any means.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Speaking of people saying things about stuff they know nothing about, if the guy was a blockbuster and game changing defensive player, would a team spend 9 million dollars of valuable cap space to get rid of him?

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
If the Packers do sign him I'm sure it will be a short term deal that is incentive laden. Word is Wilkerson wants to play for a winning orginzation so we see.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Speaking of people saying things about stuff they know nothing about, if the guy was a blockbuster and game changing defensive player, would a team spend 9 million dollars of valuable cap space to get rid of him?

Guys get ran out off the NY Jets all the time. Remember Revis or Sheldon Richardson? Not that it's the most important thing but Wilkerson was listed as a top 100 player three years in a row on NFL Network.. Also, Bakhtiari has been trying to recently recruit him.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The guy has talent, there's no doubt about that. Whether he leaves on the field or not is what they'd be gambling on

Born Sinner

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The Jets are a rebuilding team. He doesn't want to be there nor is he going to give a damn to put in effort on a team he doesn't want to be part of. They don't want that type of energy in the locker room around their younger guys. That doesn't take away from his talent, the impact he'd have on our defense, or the effort he'd put in on a winning team. Yeah he has character issues, but all it can take is a change of scenery for him, and he could turn those issues around. His impact and talent isn't something anyone can deny. Pairing him with Daniels and Clark gives us the potential to have a top 3 defensive line in the league.