MSA's mock

MSA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm going to give you my Packers 7rd mock I didn't do any trades or comp picks or UFA this is just 7 picks for 7 rounds ok here we go.....​

ROUND 1: KYLE WILSON - CB/KR BOISE STATE
I think the Arizona game will have a huge impact on this years draft for the Packers front office with the way the now retired Kurt Warner torched our secondary I feel they will look to add some swagger and toughness to that unit and I firmly believe that Kyle Wilson will be available at the 23rd pick and he will fit exactly what they need a tough pyschical playmaker and good kick returner with Charles Woodson at 33 years old and Al Harris the same age they need a #1 corner for the future now and I don't think Tramon Williams is it

ROUND 2: RICKY SAPP - DE CLEMSON
The lack of pash rush generated in the Arizona game allowed Warner the time to pick apart the Green Bay secondary this is why I pick Ricky Sapp out of Clemson he played DE but will play OLB in the Packers 3-4 scheme and will compete with Brad Jones for that spot Sapp is an explosive pash rusher that was used at times like an OLB he has a nose for the ball and will surprise you on how good he plays the run

ROUND 3: ALEX CARRINGTON - DE ARKANSAS STATE
Perfect size needed to play the 3-4 DE at 6'5 285lbs will had depth and more of a pass rusher DE that we need badly had 21 sacks in his college career also had an outstanding senior bowl

ROUND 4: JASON FOX - OT MIAMI
With the resigning of Clifton and Tauscher I feel the Packers are in a lets win right now mode not prepare for the future mode with that being said I know alot of Packer fans want a Stud LT in the first round but what would they do with him? bench Clifton or Tauscher to play him or let the rookie ride the pine for the year or two?...Over the last 10 years or so most 1st round OT taken usally start asap it's really not a position you need to groom guys at......Jason Fox would provide depth and a possible future starter option at both tackle spots

ROUND 5: ZANE BEADLES - OG/OT UTAH
To be honest I was watching some of the Packers regular season games on my DVR and I really wasn't impressed with the play of Colledge
at times to me he looked lost and released blocks to soon and Josh Sitton wasn't much better Zane Beadles is a versatile player that has played T and G for Utah and we all know Olinemen with exp on both the inside and outside are of great value​

ROUND 6: ZAC ROBINSON - QB OKLAHOMA STATE
Solid QB with a solid College career will provide a quality 3rd QB on the roster and a pretty good value at this pick​

ROUND 7: HARRY COLEMAN - S LSU
Along with the first round pick this pick is the Packers attempt to beef up the secondary Coleman is a Nasty hitter with good size and speed plays with a good motor and will at very least be a great special teams player​

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still think we ought to get a LT in the 1st, but your draft would be awesome. Love Wilson, like Sapp, love Carrington, Fox is a good prospect, the rest I'm not very aware of, but good draft.

olwig420

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is what I would like the draft to look like for the Packers. Mostly taken from Arrigo's but adjusted.

R1. Mike Iupati OG
R2. Morgan Burnett S
R3. Jared Veldheer OT
R4. Akwasi Owusu-ansah CB
R5. CJ Wilson DE
R5. O'Brien Schofield OLB
R6. John Skelton QB
R7. Michael Smith RB

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
R1. Mike Iupati OG
R2. Morgan Burnett S
R3. Jared Veldheer OT

So far this looks good BUT

dont TT and Mike wanna bring in D. McCluster?!?
whats the update on him?
I thought he was a lock to be in GB next season?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
R1. Mike Iupati OG
R2. Morgan Burnett S
R3. Jared Veldheer OT

So far this looks good BUT

dont TT and Mike wanna bring in D. McCluster?!?
whats the update on him?
I thought he was a lock to be in GB next season?
TT has been in GB long enough for anyone to realize that absolutely noone is a lock to be in GB next year, much less a draft prospect that the Packers must select bewteen 32 other teams...

claybillings

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pretty good draft but there are other 3-4 OLB prospects that I like much better in the 2nd round, one of them being Jerry Hughes from TCU.

OP
OP
MSA

MSA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pretty good draft but there are other 3-4 OLB prospects that I like much better in the 2nd round, one of them being Jerry Hughes from TCU.

I like Jerry Hughes also but everytime I do my own personal mock for all 32 teams I just don't see him falling to us in the 2nd round I got him going late first or early second...but if he was available for sure I'd pick him over Sapp.....but hey never know thier is always suprises come draft day :)

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Me too, but I really doubt he'll be available at the bottom of the 2nd. It'd be a dream come true if he were available, but my guess is that, if he makes past the Chiefs' 2nd rounder, he won't past the Browns'...

IllinoisPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ted's Draft

Those picks would be great for the Packers. The thing is over the past 5 years of TT being the GM he always tends to trade down and get more picks so trying to predict the players "as is" with highly unlikely. Last year was the only year that the Packers actually traded up. (to get Clay Matthews) which turned out as a great pickup better than the 10th overall pick Raji.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Those picks would be great for the Packers. The thing is over the past 5 years of TT being the GM he always tends to trade down and get more picks so trying to predict the players "as is" with highly unlikely. Last year was the only year that the Packers actually traded up. (to get Clay Matthews) which turned out as a great pickup better than the 10th overall pick Raji.
They traded up in 08 to grab Thompson, but I'm beginning to think more and more that it was just because of his last name...

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think that you can compare Raji's rookie production with Mathews'. They play two very different positions. DTs in general take multiple years to develop as compared to LB's. Not even Albert Haynesworth nor Casey Hampton were superstars their rookie seasons.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think that you can compare Raji's rookie production with Mathews'. They play two very different positions. DTs in general take multiple years to develop as compared to LB's. Not even Albert Haynesworth nor Casey Hampton were superstars their rookie seasons.
That, and the fact that Raji was hurt for half the season, and before that he held out...

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like how you went defense in the first 3 rounds, then picked up a OT and G in the next 2. Ummm......I would guess they would be the replacement for Colledge and Barber. I'm pretty sure we could kick it up a notch on defense with those first 3 guys

Latest posts