Most improved areas after this weeks Practice's ?

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last Sunday we had a few areas exposed that needed improvement. We know that MM will be working on these areas all week for the up and coming Washington game.

These are the areas I feel will be improved but am curious to know which areas you think will have the biggest improvement and impact on our game with Washington ?

Please feel free to add what I may have missed.

I am going with all the above but getting the proper mix of Pass and Run being the biggest area of improvement.

I am hoping that the extra "attitude" for lack of a better word is what will end up giving us the edge in this game ( but that's just me )

Cheers all !!!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Very good question!!

If I had to pick just one, I would say penalties..Althought turn overs is a very close 2nd..

But we know they are working on not turning it over, so I would like to think the coaches are hammering home not get get the yellow hanky tossed at them

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Too many mental mistakes. Penalties, fumbles, missed tackles. Hopefully all those will improve. If we would have improved half of them last game, we'd be 5-0 right now.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think several of you are right.

We need not to turn the ball over.

We need less penalties/mental mistakes.

And we need to cover a TE better.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think several of you are right.

We need not to turn the ball over.

We need less penalties/mental mistakes.

And we need to cover a TE better.

To be able to cover the tight end better will be EXTREMELY important this week.
I love Poppinga but in coverage not so much.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Collins and Hawk haven't exactly been great on the TEs either. We really need to stop Portis and Cooley and force Campbell and Moss/Randle El (if he plays) to try to beat us.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Collins and Hawk haven't exactly been great on the TEs either. We really need to stop Portis and Cooley and force Campbell and Moss/Randle El (if he plays) to try to beat us.

Please don't say bad things about Hawk?
That kind of talk makes me nervous.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i voted turnovers. 5 in a game is just unacceptable for a team that wants to play in the Super Bowl.

As far as covering the TE, I recall two plays where they actually had an impact catch. Both were for TDs, but you need to look at the big picture here.

Olsen's catch was a spectacular play..... after he pushed off on Bigby to get seperation.

Clark's was a bad bite on PA by Poppinga, and Collins should have had the RB in the flat. Collins came over to try to fix Brady's mistake, but it was too late.

I just don't see this as a "address it now cause it's killing the team" type of issue.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
i voted turnovers. 5 in a game is just unacceptable for a team that wants to play in the Super Bowl.

As far as covering the TE, I recall two plays where they actually had an impact catch. Both were for TDs, but you need to look at the big picture here.

Olsen's catch was a spectacular play..... after he pushed off on Bigby to get seperation.

Clark's was a bad bite on PA by Poppinga, and Collins should have had the RB in the flat. Collins came over to try to fix Brady's mistake, but it was too late.

I just don't see this as a "address it now cause it's killing the team" type of issue.

I wasn't talking just about the Bears. We didn't cover Smith in Week 1, Shockey in Week 2 or Gates in Week 3. It's been something of a recurring theme the TEs getting open and the 'Skins have a good one in Cooley.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What was the difference between the Cowpies and us? PENALTIES!

Cowpies overcame a huge deficit and 5 turnovers to defeat the Bills. Packers ALMOST did with Chicago but then the timely penalties killed us.

Personally, I think if we limit the turnovers and the Penalties, we are good enough to win the REST of the games.

Go Packers!!!
15-1, Superbowl!!!

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:

I wasn't talking just about the Bears. We didn't cover Smith in Week 1, Shockey in Week 2 or Gates in Week 3. It's been something of a recurring theme the TEs getting open and the 'Skins have a good one in Cooley.

I didn't feel like any of those 3 Pro Bowlers had a Pro Bowl game against us, with the possible exception of Gates.

But, I'm gonna go check the stats, I'll be back in few.... :pop:

EDIT:

Gates- got 113 yds (matches his season high in last weeks game), 0 TDs ( only us & KC stopped him from scoring)

Shockey-he's having another bad year, but we held to 5 rec. for 60 yds and 0 TDs.

LJ Smith- 2 catches, 14 yds. I'd say we did cover him.

My point is, we are covering the TE for the most part, even with teams trying to mismatch them with anyone they can, but I just don't think that you can label 'not covering the TE' as one of the more pressing issues.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PENALTIES

Ridiculous how many penalties the Packers had against the Bears. Hopefully McCarthy gets it in their heads not to make many mistakes.

OP
OP
W

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 , pack_in_black , Obi1 , TOPackerFan , Buckeyepackfan , Green_Bay_Packers , Zombieslayer , cheesey , longtimefan and of course my friend yooperfan , thanks for your input as it's always insightful.

Better run blocking from the O-line was something I had not thought of, thanks for that extra input.

Cheers all !!!

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score

i always thought the Sam LB was suposed to cover the TE. why do people keep blaming Hawk?

Aytumious

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:

i always thought the Sam LB was suposed to cover the TE. why do people keep blaming Hawk?

We don't run a system where one LB is always over the TE with the other on the weak side. Our OLB's play on the same side of the defense regardless of where the TE is at.

Members online

Latest posts