Moss?

jessefly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So does anyone know the latest on the whole moss deal? i havent seen much about it in a while.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think there hasn't been any new news to report, so the whole thing has kind of died down. Will it get done? Your guess is good as anyone else's.
I think you could flip a coin, and you'd have as much chance of guessing right if it will happen or not! :rotflmao: :thumbsup:

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is very simple.

The Raiders have the number one pick and this gives them a big advantage. They want Arron Rodgers and they want Calvin Johnson.

If they traded Moss to the Packers right now they would give up their draft strategy and tell every team they will not be taking JaMarcus the freak QB.

Detroit has the second overall pick. They will not draft another W.R. and will pick Joe Thomas and build their team starting up front. Joe Thomas is a lock as an anchor to their future O-Line.

Cleveland has the third over all pick and Cleveland needs a QB and would sell tickets and build fan unity by bringing Brady Quin as a home town hero and future great QB.

Tampa Bay has the third overall pick, needs a QB and loves JaMarcus Russell.

Ok... Follow me... Raiders have the Number One Pick. The Packers want Moss, Brett wants Moss. Raiders want Calvin Johnson.

Here is how it goes.

Raiders are on the clock. They announce a trade with the Browns or Tampa bay.

Cleveland would take Quinn or Tampa would take JaMarcus.

The Raiders then get the player they really want W.R. Calvin Johnson. with the third or fourth pick.

The Raiders then announce the trade with the Packers, Moss and T.E. Anderson Courtney for Arron Rodgers and something else.

Brett is happy. Moss is in G.B. back in the NFC North and a terror against the Vikes and Bears. With the Packers D this year, Brett and Randy Moss the Packers are a threat in the NFC.

The Raiders have the player they wanted in the draft anyway Calvin Johnson, plus Aaron Rodgers and plus a player or pick from the trade down with The Browns or Bucs.

It is going to happen... On Day One Of The Draft.

R.P.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
It is very simple.

The Raiders have the number one pick and this gives them a big advantage. They want Arron Rodgers and they want Calvin Johnson.

If they traded Moss to the Packers right now they would give up their draft strategy and tell every team they will not be taking JaMarcus the freak QB.

Detroit has the second overall pick. They will not draft another W.R. and will pick Joe Thomas and build their team starting up front. Joe Thomas is a lock as an anchor to their future O-Line.

Cleveland has the third over all pick and Cleveland needs a QB and would sell tickets and build fan unity by bringing Brady Quin as a home town hero and future great QB.

Ok... Follow me... Raiders have the Number One Pick. The Packers want Moss, Brett wants Moss. Raiders want Calvin Johnson.

Here is how it goes.

The Raiders then get the player they really want W.R. Calvin Johnson. with the third or fourth pick.

The Raiders then announce the trade with the Packers, Moss and T.E. Anderson Courtney for Arron Rodgers and something else.

Brett is happy. Moss is in G.B. back in the NFC North and a terror against the Vikes and Bears. With the Packers D this year, Brett and Randy Moss the Packers are a threat in the NFC.

The Raiders have the player they wanted in the draft anyway Calvin Johnson, plus Aaron Rodgers and plus a player or pick from the trade down with The Browns or Bucs.

R.P.

Seems like alot of if's. I don't think this is likely however for several reasons. One is if the Raiders want Johnson they are gambling big-time that Det, Cleve, or TB is not going to take him. All 3 could use a WR. Secondly why would any of those teams trade up when if you want who they say they all may be there for them anyways. There's really no incentive for Cleveland to trade up if they are targeting Quinn as he will surely be there.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i have been vascillating on this issue ever since it surfaced. i do want moss. i don't want moss. i do want moss. i don't want moss. So, either 1) we get him and i'm happy. 2) we get him and i'm not happy. 3) we don't get him and i'm happy. 3) we don't get him and i'm not happy. i'm anxious for this situation to play out just to find out how i actually feel about it

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey RP

Wake up, you're really on your computer.....Sleep posting again, eh? :razz:

Vike,

If I am sleeping and dreaming... Do Not Wake me. It is almost a wet dream.

Oh I am hoping it happens as much as you are hoping it Does Not happen.

Randy Moss in the "Championship Colors" of Green and Gold is my dream.

My dream is your nightmare.

Be well my friend. I love your posts, and you are a class act Vike Fan.

R.P

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seems like alot of if's. I don't think this is likely however for several reasons. One is if the Raiders want Johnson they are gambling big-time that Det, Cleve, or TB is not going to take him. All 3 could use a WR. Secondly why would any of those teams trade up when if you want who they say they all may be there for them anyways. There's really no incentive for Cleveland to trade up if they are targeting Quinn as he will surely be there.

Seems like a lot of if's? Damn right! Show me the last draft that did not have a lot of if's and I will cut my left nut off with a butter knife, film it, and put it on youtube.com so you can watch it.

Read my post again... It is about probability and a gamble. If the Raiders make the trade with the Browns it is safer than with the Buc's.

The Lions will not draft a WR. I will bet on that.

R.P.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tampa is salivating over Johnson. If the Raiders trade down with the Bucs, its au revoir Calvin Johnson.

There is such a thing as a trade down based on who a team will take with the trade up pick. I doubt the Raiders would trade down with out it in writing that the Bucks or Browns will not take Johnson.

RP

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Tampa is salivating over Johnson. If the Raiders trade down with the Bucs, its au revoir Calvin Johnson.

There is such a thing as a trade down based on who a team will take with the trade up pick. I doubt the Raiders would trade down with out it in writing that the Bucks or Browns will not take Johnson.

RP

I am trying to follow along here but it just doesn't make sense.

If the Raiders want Johnson they could take him at 1. You are saying they are going to try and trade down and still land him but pick-up more. Why the hell would TB or Cleveland do this is they were somehow not allowed to pick Johnson?

If TB wants Russell and they are afraid that Cleveland or Detroit my draft him they could possibly trade up to take Russell. However, how can the Raiders get Cleveland or Detroit to agree on not taking Johnson? They are not even part of the deal and Oakland is essentially ******** them over by trading the pick away. It just does not make sense.

If Oakland wants Johnson they will have to draft him #1 overall. If they trade down they are gambling on Det, Cleve and TB passing him up which WILL NEVER HAPPEN. Theres no incentive for any of those 3 teams to move up unless they want Johnson.

RainX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see us offering more than a 2nd Rounder or 3rd Rounder and KGB/Robert Ferguson for Moss.

It'd be nice to have him but giving up Aaron Rodgers or our 1st Round draft pick is to much for a 30 year-old WR who has a lot of character issues.

vikesrule

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Hey RP

Vike,

R.P

Thanks RP

Ya, if Moss ended up in Green Bay, I would not be a happy camper.

But since we are on the subject of dreaming, if it did happen, here is my dream scenario:

Vikings vs Packers at Lambeau
NFC North on the line.
Time is running down and the score is tied.
Packers have the ball on their own 20.

Favre drops back and passes deep to Moss!

Whoa! ...... Interception by Sharper and he's running, running alll the way down to the Packer 30.

Longwell comes in....puts it throught the uprights!!! Yea! ....Game Over.

:thumbsup:

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
It is very simple.

Here is how it goes.

R.P.

I hope your right!! :)

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:

Seems like a lot of if's? Damn right! Show me the last draft that did not have a lot of if's and I will cut my left nut off with a butter knife, film it, and put it on youtube.com so you can watch it.

Read my post again... It is about probability and a gamble. If the Raiders make the trade with the Browns it is safer than with the Buc's.

The Lions will not draft a WR. I will bet on that.

R.P.
I am hearing more and more talk about Oakland looking at veteran QB's lately. Obviously this bodes well for a move on Johnson vs. a QB on draft day which would most likely mean good bye Moss.
One question I have is money. I pulled one site with salary cap info and there were the Raiders dead last with $655k as of March something. Where does all the money come from to either get a QB in there or pay for the #1 draft pick?
Almost seems like Moss or somebody has to go or those no room for any moves.

The other thing I am wondering about is Moss himself. I have not heard a single word since last seasons cries to get out. The HC makes his "company line" speech that they would love for him to be a Raider(and not very convincingly either) but no response from Moss.

My guess is Moss has nothing great to say but knows it comes down to Al getting what he deems fair in return so he won't hurt that process or he hurts his chances of getting out.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
vikesrule said:
Hey RP

Vike,

R.P

Thanks RP

But since we are on the subject of dreaming, if it did happen, here is my dream scenario:

Vikings vs Packers at Lambeau
NFC North on the line.
Time is running down and the score is tied.
Packers have the ball on their own 20.

Favre drops back and passes deep to Moss!

Whoa! ...... Interception by Sharper and he's running, running alll the way down to the Packer 30.

Longwell comes in....puts it throught the uprights!!! Yea! ....Game Over.

:thumbsup:
First......theres NO way Sharper could keep up with Moss! (We saw that enough times already!) Second..........even IF Sharper intercepted, he couldn't outrun anyone! Driver would have him tackled within 10 yards of the INT!
And ol' "Long-notso-well?" His career is over. He can only kick indoors now.
Now Vikes........wake up, get your head cleared, and come back to reality my friend!!! :rotflmao:

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard he is warming up to the idea of being a raider

Where?

I cannot find the first words reported as coming directly from Moss one way or the other.

I have heard RUMORS that Moss has said this or that but not a single word that is a varified quote and I find that strange. Especially after the HC opened the door with his "I would love Randy back" speech.

Until I hear it from him directly I am going to say that those who would like to see him stay are the ones putting this out. I mean what's to warm up to? He's looking at a rookie HC and probably a rookie QB. I doubt either of those were on his wish list.

Moss wants to win and that aint happening anytime soon in Oakland.

And if Oakland does take Russell don't look for him to put them on his back and carry them. He was a major dissapointment his first two years at LSU and I see the jump to this next level being harder than many think it will be.
He's good no doubt. But he's inconsistant. There were games he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn and he had some darn good receivers that were a hell of a lot more open than he's going to get from here on out.

I am not sold at all.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
It is very simple.

Here is how it goes.

R.P.

The bucs have Chris Sims they will take Calvin Johnson if he is there.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:

If ever TT needed a reason to get Moss...

Come on Ted, you'd make vikey unhappy.... how can you resist? :wink:

:rotflmao:

The thing is, you know TT is thinking that. "Hmm...got to worry about cap space, and don't want to give up any draft picks. Probably shouldn't. But it will **** off Vikesrule. Yeah, let's do it."

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see us offering more than a 2nd Rounder or 3rd Rounder and KGB/Robert Ferguson for Moss.

Nobody wants Robert Ferguson, we dont even want him. He will not be part of the trade im sure

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
RainX said:

Nobody wants Robert Ferguson, we dont even want him. He will not be part of the trade im sure

I know, it's funny how every trade brought up on here results in trading Fergie. Do you really think some team is drooling over getting Ferguson? Nobody wants him.

I don't think we could trade Fergie straight up for a 6th rounder.

Members online

Latest posts