moritz-boehringer

greenbeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As a fellow german i would love the packers to draft him in the late rounds.
But with his size and athletism he may get picked in the middle rounds. The downside with him is, he never played in the US and the German Footbal League is a joke in comparison. Some US Highschool Teams might beat the best German Team. So he has a steap learning curve ahead of him.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's a longer term project nearly identical to Janis. He's a great pick for a rebuilding team, not one with a 2-3 year window like the Packers have of winning a Super Bowl. The Packers need to go all in now. He just isn't a good fit. The Pack just doesn't have a roster spot unless you cut Adams or Abrederris.

D

Deleted member 6794

I would be fine with the Packers bringing him as an undrafted free agent but with his limited experience playing the sport and against inferior competition I don´t want Thompson to spend a draft pick on him.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder if he was still NCAA eligible. Probably not if he was a pro athelete. If he was, I would have advised him to go to a Div A school for a year or two.

This guy will not be drafted. There have been similar guys who have come out of even div 3 schools who have not gotten picked.

As a UFA, why not give him a shot?

greenbeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder if he was still NCAA eligible. Probably not if he was a pro athelete. If he was, I would have advised him to go to a Div A school for a year or two.

The GFL is not a pro League. Sebastian Vollmer played for the Düsseldorf Panthers before going to Houston College. So Boehringer should be eligible for the NCAA.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The GFL is not a pro League. Sebastian Vollmer played for the Düsseldorf Panthers before going to Houston College. So Boehringer should be eligible for the NCAA.
Well, I hope he googles his name, finds this thread, and then takes the advice of some anonymous member of a mysterious pious religious underworld sect and enrolls at Wisconsin.

H

HardRightEdge

They did a feature on this guy on nfl.com last night. He actually looked better than Janis did on his college tape in terms of extending and adjusting to the ball on the couple of clips they showed. He shows some stuff to suggest that he's not a straight line player as Janis did as a rookie. He's probably not going to make it to UDFA...probably somewhere in day 3.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's hard to judge, he's definitely not facing NFL skill at all, but he does dominate completely. Just catches and runs past everyone. Looks the part, but it will be interesting to see how he'd do against better competition.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

H

HardRightEdge

It's hard to judge, he's definitely not facing NFL skill at all, but he does dominate completely. Just catches and runs past everyone. Looks the part, but it will be interesting to see how he'd do against better competition.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
We know the athleticism is real given his Pro Day. When looking at something like this you have to look at how he moves and catches to go along with the workout numbers. Though he's not doing a lot route running here, when he does he looks quick into his breaks for a guy this size. In his rookie year, the NFL playbook would have his head swimming. Second year you might have something.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree, you can see some really good attributes to work with in that kid. Some team will have fun trying to turn him into an NFL player, if they succeed, he could be great.

metallicblaze

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's got nice size and good wheels. The only question is the compete level. Definitely wasn't playing against the best of the best, so how the scouts think that will translate over is what they will need to look at the most.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With his size and athleticism it's hard to imagine that he could be stashed on the practice squad. The last athlete to combine the size, speed and leaping ability was CALVIN JOHNSON. Let that sink in. If you want him you will need to give him a roster spot. For the Packers it means cutting either Adams or Abrederris. Can you see TT cutting his second or fifth round pick at this point to put Boeinger on the roster as a project player? Not going to happen. He may develop into a star but it won't be with the Packers.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Put him on the PS with rookie minimum type wages. Won't need to leave for the money as readily. Be ready to call him up if needed. He play ST? Learn to be #4 TE for a season or two? Go with 2 RBs with Monty or Cobb being the #3 change of pace guy?

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

This guy will not be drafted. There have been similar guys who have come out of even div 3 schools who have not gotten picked.

As a UFA, why not give him a shot?
I read scouts were doing double takes and laughing in amazment at his workout. Caught every pass, even some badly thrown ones. .. They put a couple cbs on him to press, and he easily got seperation...

Even with complete black out on his experience factor... Teams are talking mid round possibility........

I think that speaks for itself in many ways. Janis isnt a waste imo. As a comparison, i think janis was held back and misused. He doesnt need years to develope. He just needs opportunity and a little understanding...

Even after janis's big playoff game. And gbs horrid deep threat without nelson. How can we say he isnt even worth any draft pick? At all???

They were also looking at him as a possible te......

Still undraftable???

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Following his workout he was plastered in the locker room with questions from scouts who were getting their very first exposure to him. The Patriots,Packers, Vikings, Broncos and Chiefs appear particularly interested.
5 big time playoff calliber teams are particularly interested... But the pundits here say undrafted practice squad waste... Lol.... Hmmmmmm, who should i believe?

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another critical question is whether he is clean? His athleticism is so amazing he wouldn't be the first athlete to get some help from roids. Any reports on whether he has already passes roid tests? If he is clean he will be a mid round draft pick IMO. I can easily see the Vikings or patriots taking him. They are both thin at WR.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I "love" pre-draft articles like this one. I actually kind of thought I was reading an April Fools Day piece. No offense to the the GFL (German Football League), but when you watch the film at the bottom of the article, Boehringer looks like he is playing with and against High School teams. Plus, comparing him to Jeff Janis? Is that suppose to get me excited? Now if TT wants to make him an UDFA, I wouldn't mind. :)

D

Deleted member 6794

With his size and athleticism it's hard to imagine that he could be stashed on the practice squad. The last athlete to combine the size, speed and leaping ability was CALVIN JOHNSON. Let that sink in. If you want him you will need to give him a roster spot.

The level of play in the German Football League is comparable to Division III football in the US and Boehringer didn't even lead the league in any category. There's no denying he's a great athlete but that doesn't make him an NFL ready prospect.

Members online

Latest posts