Morgan Burnett: Broken Hand

Castle Of Cheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just heard this on the radio. Sounds like he is going to be in a club for 4-6 weeks. M.D. Jennings took the snaps in practice today.

This could turn out to be a big deal. Luckily, the schedule the next four weeks is fairly soft, except for San Diego. Here's to hoping he gets the cast off in closer to four weeks rather than six.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
WTF...come on now...

A D-L can play with a club (Jenkins), but can he? Wouldnt it be very hard to cover guys?

OP
OP
Castle Of Cheese

Castle Of Cheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't remember for sure, but I think Al Harris played pretty well with one a few years back. It obviously makes intercepting a ball considerably more difficult though.

I honestly don't know much about M.D. Jennings, but if we have to play two backup safeties, I will be very nervous. Peprah is a solid player, but doesn't have near the playmaking ability of Collins or Burnett.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Suprising. Is he playing?

But, I do remember Antoine Bethea playing and playing well with a broken hand one season a few years ago.

I think he should be a lot better after your bye.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Guys wrap up hands and play with it. It's a matter of getting used to playing with some pain/limitations. It's better then having a torn knee or sprained ankle. Bethea did it with the Colts.

You guys have the Rams so he can see how he deals with it. It's not the Saints offense. And then a week later the pass less Vikings.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Perfect.
No playmaking of Collins back there.
Now Burnett playing with one hand.

I love Peprah though. He and MD Jennings.... that looks awfully Vikingish. Damn.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is a bit distressing but far better than losing a guy for the season. Sometimes we just have to count our blessings carefully. I wish Burnett swift healing and a speedy return. Those clubs are one of the best inventions ever! I remember last year, Jenkins running around with his and all I could think was: BEAST!

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Backup guard Ray Dominguez, signed Wednesday off the practice squad, could be active Sunday because Evan Dietrich-Smith missed Friday’s practice with a foot injury.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Depending on how big that cast is, it might be real good for dislodging balls...of all sizes.

What I was thinking. That is basically a weapon on his hand... like a hammer. He's gonna be a force fumbling machine, but he's gonna need security further in the backfield just in case the receiver/runner doesn't go down (which will be hard since... well... he's the security).

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
This is getting ridiculous now. Can we be a little more diligent about keeping our guys healthy? But TBH, if he was going to get injured this is probably the most ideal time. We have a streak of 5 games where in we play only one good team (San Diego) and by that time with the bye week and all he'll probably be at 75%

Members online

Latest posts