Morency and Jennings Hurting

OP
OP
W

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I look for our offensive line to have a big game.

I see last week as a plus. We win the game and yet have an offensive line getting their butts chewed by fans, media, coaches, grandmothers, and, everybody in between.

We certainly don't have to worry about being complacent on that side of the ball which obviously is no worries after how they performed last week.

I like the chip being on our guys shoulders vs. the other guys.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I look for our offensive line to have a big game.

I see last week as a plus. We win the game and yet have an offensive line getting their butts chewed by fans, media, coaches, grandmothers, and, everybody in between.

We certainly don't have to worry about being complacent on that side of the ball which obviously is no worries after how they performed last week.

I like the chip being on our guys shoulders vs. the other guys.
Good points Warhawk!
I can see Favre getting on the boys this week to put some points up to make it easier for our D!

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
doesn't suprise me a bit. I look for Wynn & R. Martin to have a big game.

You heard it here first: They need to run a fade-stop with #82 Ruvell "The Rooster" Martin. Have him run deep, then throw the ball up high so he can slow down and jump up high to grab it in front of the defender.

Aytumious

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aytumious said:
Based on the interview with Jennings last week, and the interviews with McCarthy this week and today, Jennings being held out isn't his decision.

McCarthy said today that with a hammy on a perimeter player, you don't want to rush them back too soon and have it linger all season. As he put it, they are "being smart" with it.
I think it IS smart. If they rush him back, he could be lost for the year. And there are alot of games we are gonna need the kid for.
We KNOW the kid is talented. We will need him even more as the season goes on.

I agree that it is smart. It is still early in the season and we all saw (though some seem to forget) the type of weapon Jennings can be. There is no need to risk aggravating the hammy and having it last 6-8 weeks or something when one more missed game might put him in the clear for the rest of the season.

Jennings flat out said last week he would have played if it was his choice, but its not.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It looks like Eli is starting. Let's hope our defense will make him regret that decision, muahahaha. I don't want them to hurt Eli...... badly. But I wouldn't be surprised to see Eli sit out the second half.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
ah, he's such a crybaby. i don't think it would take too much re-aggrivation to knock him out of the game.
;
If he plays through his injury and performs well I think it will go a long way towards earning his teammates trust and respect. Let's hope Al "The Predator" Harris can neutralize Plexi-Glass Burress. Might be a good idea to have AJ shadowing Shockey either.

If we can stop Shockey and Burress, I don't think Amani Toomer or Derrick Ward will be able to beat us.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys don't know the Giants.

Look up the numbers that their O put up against Dallas last week.

Amani Toomer is a pretty damn good receiver. He'd be a definite #2 in our offense if we had him.

This will be a test for the pass defense for sure.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
I agree that it is smart. It is still early in the season and we all saw (though some seem to forget) the type of weapon Jennings can be.

I agree that he should be held until 100 percent, and he is absolutely talented, no doubt.

I am probably wrong, but here is the thing to me that has me wondering and probably threw up the red flag. He starts pissing in moaning in camp and preseason that he isn't getting enough reps and the attention in the offense. Publicly speaks out that he is being lined up outside of the playcalling. Remind you of anyone that resided here for a couple of years?

Then Driver gets nicked and has to sit a week, prime opportunity for Jennings, what happens? Can't go, hurt. Then publicly again challenges the coaching staff saying he could have went, but they held him out. Sound like a reciever that got booted to Minnesota this year?

I want Jennings to be an all-pro reciever, and I am sorry the vibes spark some wonder in my mind and I voiced it.

Not saying he is, but a hammy is an injury that you can nurse as a player and the coaching staff really doesn't have an effective way of gauging the seriousness of it. It is a players call to tell the coaches how it feels in which they make a call on whether said player goes. So in essence, it was really Jennings call whether he played, isn't it?

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aytumious said:
I agree that it is smart. It is still early in the season and we all saw (though some seem to forget) the type of weapon Jennings can be.

I agree that he should be held until 100 percent, and he is absolutely talented, no doubt.

I am probably wrong, but here is the thing to me that has me wondering and probably threw up the red flag. He starts pissing in moaning in camp and preseason that he isn't getting enough reps and the attention in the offense. Publicly speaks out that he is being lined up outside of the playcalling. Remind you of anyone that resided here for a couple of years?

Then Driver gets nicked and has to sit a week, prime opportunity for Jennings, what happens? Can't go, hurt. Then publicly again challenges the coaching staff saying he could have went, but they held him out. Sound like a reciever that got booted to Minnesota this year?

I want Jennings to be an all-pro reciever, and I am sorry the vibes spark some wonder in my mind and I voiced it.

Not saying he is, but a hammy is an injury that you can nurse as a player and the coaching staff really doesn't have an effective way of gauging the seriousness of it. It is a players call to tell the coaches how it feels in which they make a call on whether said player goes. So in essence, it was really Jennings call whether he played, isn't it?

I think you're reading way too much into this. It is quite a stretch to assume that Jennings was publicly challenging the coaching staff by saying he could've played. It is commonplace for a coach to hold a player out of a game to be on the safe side, and then the player says he could've played. What you're accusing Jennings of here is very serious stuff--essentially faking an injury (or at least exaggerating its effect) and then turning around and griping at the coaching staff for not letting him play. That would be the height of hyprocrisy (and an incredibly stupid career move, to boot), and I don't believe it one little bit.

I will agree that Jennings' griping in training camp was disappointing, but to me, that seems like the one black spot on his reputation as a high-character guy, and it's not a very big one. I think he was getting a little paranoid because of how he was being overshadowed by the rookie James Jones, and he wanted people to know that it wasn't from any lack of effort or ability on his part. And he was probably right, although I wish he would've kept it to himself, or at least not sounded so *****y in his statements to the press.

By the way, I don't understand waht you wrote about how coaches can't effectively gauge a hamstring injury. Presumably if he's got an injured hamstring he can't run or cut as well as usual. Do you really think he can run and cut just fine, but he's pretending to be injured?

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Greg C. said:

By the way, I don't understand waht you wrote about how coaches can't effectively gauge a hamstring injury. Presumably if he's got an injured hamstring he can't run or cut as well as usual. Do you really think he can run and cut just fine, but he's pretending to be injured?

I started that with I don't believe Greg is faking it, however hammy's are one injury that there isn't an effective way to measure or monitor it from a medical standpoint, unless it is torn or some serious. Again, I don't think he is, but players have been known to in this league, see TO.

Maybe to me it is more disappointing in my view (which means little overall) because I expected much out of this guy this year. Probably more timing than anything, things just looked fishy I guess.

Again, he is to Jennings having a great season when he can return. :thumbsup:

Members online

Latest posts