More "Ya Buts"...

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Maybe he should stick to billards.... maybe "ya-buts" mean something there. We are 3-0, we beat the teams that we have played within the time given.

Bank Shots...

Don Banks - SI said:
• The Packers may well be this year's Cinderella story, and their NFL-best seven-game winning streak dating to last season is a testament to how quickly coach Mike McCarthy has turned Green Bay's program around. But let's not coronate the 3-0 Packers just yet. The Eagles would have beaten Green Bay in the opener at Lambeau if they could have fielded a punt. The Packers' second-half in the Meadowlands was impressive, but the Giants defense isn't the ultimate test.

You had to respect Green Bay's tenacity against San Diego, but the Chargers did lead with a little over two minutes remaining, and then suffered a defensive breakdown when Packers receiver Greg Jennings took a short slant pass 57 yards for the winning score. Great things appear to be happening in Green Bay, and Brett Favre is, as usual, in the middle of it. But let's see a little bit more before we declare the Pack all the way back.

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
Hey, that's fair enough.

But I mean, really, most games are lost by the other team making mistakes. That's just football.

But I can wait a little bit before I get too excited . . . maybe. =)

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
Oh I am the last to say we are the world beater this year, but to discount our wins because of what the other team did or didn't do is incorrect.

We could look at the Cowboys and say.. the Giants passed all over you and the Bears game was a gimmie because of Grossman.

Or Indy because they faced a Houston team depleted by injuries and they still kept it close.

The Pats and Steelers have been the only two completely dominant teams against their competion so far this year... so should they be the only ones without a "ya but" next to their wins...

Didn't think so...a win is a win... case closed. Of course that is only my opinion.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
his points don't concern me too much because everyone who knows anything about football knows that if a team is somewhat equally matched, the game will likely come down to two or three "make it or break it" plays. the good teams seize these opportunities and win, while the worse teams let them slip through their grasp and spend the next 7 days saying to themselves, "If we could have just not screwed up on that punt", and "if we would have just stopped Jennings." Well, you didn't field the punt, and you didn't stop jennings. you lost, we won. Let's kick the **** out of the Vikings!

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The dude makes valid points on all three Green Bay Packer wins. But except in the case of New England, which undefeated team doesn't have these types of questions? Excuses can be made all you want, but 3-0 is 3-0. Like 'ol "Big Tuna" used to say: you are what your record says you are.

3-0, undefeated, victorious over 3 '06 playoff teams, in 1st place of an already weak NFC North, the Pack is all of those things.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And 93, it could be said that the Steelers have faced some cupcakes to start the season out (Cleveland, SF, Buffalo) but this aint NCAA. Strength of schedule/victory don't mean jack in the National Football League. Just those W's, L's, and T's.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh I am the last to say we are the world beater this year, but to discount our wins because of what the other team did or didn't do is incorrect.

We could look at the Cowboys and say.. the Giants passed all over you and the Bears game was a gimmie because of Grossman.

Or Indy because they faced a Houston team depleted by injuries and they still kept it close.

The Pats and Steelers have been the only two completely dominant teams so far this year... so should they be the only ones without a "ya but" next to there wins...

Didn't think so...a win is a win... case closed. Of course that is only my opinion.

"Ya but" prior to San Diego leading with "two minutes to go" the Packers screwed up scoring from the six inch line....TWICE. Not once. TWICE.

So the way I see it San Diego lost by what they should have lost by had we not twitched at the six inch line and then failed to score from there another time.

No "ya buts". We got we we should have got. A win. San Diego got what they should have got. A loss. Geez uz. I think we're going to have to win by 45 every time before people quit this crap.

I swear a lot of the people that write crap like that never saw the game and just got highlights or something.

Another thing. Philly did NOTHING in that game to suggest they should have won. McNabb did squat against our D. They had a chance after Brett's fumble late and we STUFFED THEIR ***. END OF STORY.

They weren't the only ones that fumbled in the game and gave up good field position. If they were BETTER THAN US they would have SCORED.

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
It pissed me off when I read that, I don't get to excited to often, but that one irked me so much I hit the weight room here at work and pretended Banks was a 325lbs bar of dead weight...

****** head sports writer...

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we talked about it on a different thread where I said the worst quote in sports is we should of won. As Jim Mora once said "could've, shouldv'e, would've, who cares" And why do they talk as if had the Eagles fielded that punt they would've won. AS I recall the game was tied and it's not like their offence was scoring on every play. I guess the good news is we should've won the SB last year. We should've beat the Saints, shoud've beat the Bills.....and so on. So really we're the defending champs and we're just playing like it now :lol:
I'll take a different cliche instead that makes more sense. The good teams always seem to find a way to win the close ones. Well amybe it's our turn

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is Ya Buts related to Seemore? Or realated to the guy who invented the internet surfingsite, Ya-Hoo? They Sound Chinese may be...

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Banks wrote for a Minneapolis paper before he went to SI. He almost never has anything good to say about the Packers. The consensus among the national writers is that the Packers are the worst of the 3-0 teams, but I'll take it.

I think warhawk is right, and these guys just watch Sportscenter and then write their articles. But we all know that the Packers have outplayed all three of their opponents this season.

mkapp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
every game could be followed by a swarm of "ya buts". "If the Eagles could field a punt..." You could put up thousands of different scenarios - fact is: they did/didnt happen and Green Bay won. Schedule strength, weak conference, no running game, luck...say what you will, I dont care. I am happy with our record and see more success in our future. Compared to the other 3-0 teams, sure we probably look weak, but compared to last year or where everyone thought we would be at this point of the season - we are doing great!!

Latest posts