MM getting snippy with reporters

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.packers.com/media-center...Giants/951cba54-1879-4450-a98f-264a18a8cdIs60

One question was, what did you see on that Nelson catch to challenge it...

Question----Scott will start next week, can you explain how you know that already...
MM's answer--I am the head coach thats my decision...
Question---is that a reflection on how injuriedWallace is..MM's answer---Thats the direction I am going.

Question----What did you see on the catch by Nelson that led you to challenge it..Did you think he caught it or were you just kinds of hoping.....Coach cut him off there , gave a really disgusted type face and said..

His answer===Are you serious? Yeah I thought he caught it, thats why I challenged it..

Last edited:
OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
That was kind of a stupid way to word the question. Who asked it?? Sparky?

From WSSP?

I dont think he is their reporter..I think that would be Mike Clements,,But I did not recognize that voice

1st one was Bob Mginn I believe

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep...the one and only.
It sounded like something he would say.

The first question didn't sound bad. MM was pretty pissy on that answer. I don't blame him for it on the 2nd one though.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our media is SO SOFT on him, them, compared to many other markets in the country.

McCarthy has OFTEN preached about "availability" when it comes to missing time with injuries.
He cannot be happy that Seneca Wallace took up so much of his time this week, mmolding the gameplan to fit his strengths and skillset compared to Rodgers..... and then he cannot last one full DRIVE with a soft tissue, muscle "pull".

He was satisfied enough with Tolzien, who has not even been on the real team for a week, to already turn the page on the Wallace era. Hopefully. Of course Tolzien will most likely get knocked out too, very soon, so then back to Wallace. Or Randy Wright, Rich Campbell, Dom Majkowski, Dave Whitehurst, whoever.

Especially with only 2 or 2 preferred OL still healthy on our team.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He cannot be happy that Seneca Wallace took up so much of his time this week, mmolding the gameplan to fit his strengths and skillset compared to Rodgers..... and then he cannot last one full DRIVE with a soft tissue, muscle "pull".
How far are you going to stoop? So now you're saying he FAKED his injury? Hence the quotes? Your hate towards him knows no bounds, does it? How much more revolting can you get?

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How far are you going to stoop? So now you're saying he FAKED his injury? Hence the quotes? Your hate towards him knows no bounds, does it? How much more revolting can you get?
He didn't (I don't think) fake the injury. That's preposterous.
I still believe he's soft based on what transpired.
You disagree, fine.
I'm not one to always believe what's told to me.
I've seen enough in my 30+ years of being a die-hard football fan.

I've seen some guys keep playing when others wouldn't.
I've seen some guys take themselves out when others wouldn't.

I like the players who have to be dragged off the field or court.
You might like the players who don't want to play if they're at 95%.
Good for you.

I can tell by McCarthy's comments about Tolzien being the starter, and his refusing to take the bait on Wallace and his "injury", that he is pizzed off about the availability issue with Wallace. He worked his *** off last week to get the gameplan set for this guy, and he lasted one series. Not from a broken leg, torn ACL, busted arm, broken collar-bone, but a pulled groin.

RustyShackleford

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They were both legitimate questions (if not phrased in the most efficient way) that didn't warrant the snippy response. However, it was a rough loss and it's easy to excuse McCarthy for his overreaction.

Regarding the whole conversation sequence relating to Tolzein starting, it definitely seemed to me that he was unhappy with Wallace, for whatever reason.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can tell by McCarthy's comments about Tolzien being the starter, and his refusing to take the bait on Wallace and his "injury", that he is pizzed off about the availability issue with Wallace. He worked his *** off last week to get the gameplan set for this guy, and he lasted one series. Not from a broken leg, torn ACL, busted arm, broken collar-bone, but a pulled groin.

And yet the fact remains that you have absolutely no idea how painful his injury might be. And with soft tissue tears, it's not just a question of playing through pain. It's also a question of making the injury worse. If he had gone back out there and aggravated it to where he was on the ground writhing in pain, you'd be going off on the training staff for giving the okay.

Oh and I almost forgot to ask, Frank. Is Jolly a p*ssy too, as you put it? Or have you deemed his groin injury to be of sufficient severity to justify him not playing the last 8 minutes of the game?

Last edited:

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't mind MM getting snippy with reporters.
He better get more than snippy with his defensive players and coaches starting today for the rest of this week.

ls1bob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You noticed the comments he made about Datone Jones? That he should and could be better on Sunday,that Monday through Saturday translates into a good performance on Sunday.Almost implying we was "lazy" Monday through Saturday. I wonder if he feels that the defense isn't practicing hard enough or if it is the practice style itself he isn't happy with?

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think anyone is on the hot seat. We are way below the cap limit and have a young team. I can see this D really gelling for 2015
This is a major point. But they need to get and stay healthy for that to happen. The only real need we have on defense is an enforcer at the safety position (think Polamalu or Ed Reed, NOT Meriweather/Carrier.)

Last edited:

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am frankly disappointed that the anger that McCarthy showed after the game, and the vow to address a recurring issue, which could have meant some significant change, like, in the DC position, has led to nothing more than a bland statement:

"Not playing best football in 4th quarter. We don't have a drill for it on Mondays, but have been emphasizing. We need to be better."

In other words, expect nothing to happen. :(

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am frankly disappointed that the anger that McCarthy showed after the game, and the vow to address a recurring issue, which could have meant some significant change, like, in the DC position, has led to nothing more than a bland statement:

"Not playing best football in 4th quarter. We don't have a drill for it on Mondays, but have been emphasizing. We need to be better."

In other words, expect nothing to happen. :(
Not everything happens in the public eye.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I've kinda held off responding to this one because I wanted to hear the entire post-game presser again. I was listening live but only remember feeling slightly irritated listening to the framing-up of the line of questioning. I can't explain why, but I looked over to my son and said something along the lines of "What did that reporter just ask him?" ...and it was like I could just tell that McCarthy (driven by the team's performance) wasn't in the mood for improperly framed-up or well thought out questions. Actually, McGinn's was more of a "statement" wrapped inside a psuedo-question - I too assume it was McGinn because McCarthy referred to "Bob", (and I know it wasn't the "Bob" with no arms or legs that fell into my swimming pool - argh...sorry).

In any event, I recall a number of posters here and elsewhere who chided McCarthy's delivery style as an embarrassment to the organization after he was hired. Personally, I liked it...those individuals thought McCarthy needed elocution lessons I presume ... but, I guess the gist of my mental meandering is that McCarthy was in a lousy mood and he had a couple of poorly executed questions tossed at him and he didn't feel like getting into a pissing match with a reporter.

Go for it, Coach. That's all I have to say.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts