Mike Tice

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heard on the radio today that Tice was fined $100,000 by the NFL for scalping tickets last year. also heard that he is the lowest paid coach in the NFL

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2097878

Updated: June 30, 2005, 2:51 PM ET
Two assistants fined $10,000 eachAssociated Press

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. -- Minnesota Vikings coach Mike Tice was fined $100,000 by the NFL on Thursday for scalping his Super Bowl tickets.

Running backs coach Dean Dalton and special teams coach Rusty Tillman were also each fined $10,000 for scalping their tickets. Commissioner Paul Tagliabue notified the three coaches of their punishment in a letter.

Tice was on vacation and unavailable for comment, but he issued a statement through the team, in which he said he used "poor judgment."

"It will not happen again," Tice said. "I apologize to my family, Commissioner Tagliabue, the NFL, the entire Vikings organization and the fans. I consider this matter closed and remain focused on the upcoming 2005 season, which should be an exciting year for Vikings fans everywhere."

Tice has acknowledged reselling some of his personal allotment of 12 Super Bowl tickets last season and had also resold his tickets as a Vikings assistant coach from 1996-2001.

Each NFL player has the right to purchase up to two Super Bowl tickets at face value, which this year was $500 and $600 depending on the seat. But they must sign a document saying they won't resell them at a profit. Individual teams determine the number of tickets available to coaches.

NICE! They sure need the money too, morons, scalp the tickets, good call! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
C

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
really tough trying to get by on $800,000 a year. Try making what a lot of people in this country are making. Before we were retired, my husband and I made between $55 and $60 a year--depending upon how much overtime he had. And you know what, we managed to raise two kids on that cereal, buy a couple of new cars and finish paying off our house. Gee, Tice, I feel for you. And I am not complaining about our salaries. They weren't bad, and I am sure there are people who make a lot less than that. I bet we could make ends meet on an $800,000 salary. Could I do wonders with that!!!

V

Vikeman

Now Gruden is Sh*t out of luck for his role in scalping tickets. Chris Hovan (who most notably snitched on Tice for benching him) will tattle on chuckie when Hovan's fat *** sits on the bench again. Gruden will now be fined for doing the same thing as My Meathead Tice and almost everyone else in the nfl does every year.

Members online

Latest posts