Mike Flanagan Gone

micklaus

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what game are you watching when 100 yards a game is average? How many backs ran for 1600? Very, very few. We get a 100 yard a game back that does not fumble we go to the NFC Championship game.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just DO NOT get the big upset over losing Tony Fisher. Good guy, average to slightly above 3rd down guy.

This to me sends a signal that TT likes guys like Brian Calhoun, Joseph Addai, Maurice Drew, or the kid from Mississippi...Norwood?. All of whom are excellent all around backs. Either would be equal to or an upgrade over Fisher.

krd005

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fumbling is a pretty big deal! Just like a pick! You can move the ball all you want but if you don't score it doesn't matter. Nothing worse than a turnover.

Green has the problem too but not as severe.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
He would have been nice to keep......at a REASONABLE price. They over paid in my opinion. There's a time when you have to say, thats too much.......i think it was that time.

exactly,

I'm not all that afraid to lose flanagan...i have a theory behind this

in 02-03 when our o-line was unstoppable, what did they have at one time, like 35 consecutive starts as a unit? something good like that...we're going to have new (and/or young) guards, whether it be whitticker, klemm if he adapts well to this new scheme, FA signing, etc...and its good that the 'signal caller' of the o-line is in place for this extra season, whether its scott wells or whoever...i'd rather break in another center than have flanagan crap out after a year and us have to have this problem ALL OVER AGAIN next year

and i'm sick of the 'brett favre wants...' cure-all, favre hasn't acknowledged if he's coming back or not, i'm not to thrilled with TT making decisions on his behalf...and 9 million bucks for flanagan is too much, good no-call ted

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, I wouldn't worry about this Javon :

"and i'm sick of the 'brett favre wants...' cure-all, favre hasn't acknowledged if he's coming back or not, i'm not to thrilled with TT making decisions on his behalf...and 9 million bucks for flanagan is too much, good no-call ted"

What has TT really done to show Brett he wants him back ?

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:
Oh, I wouldn't worry about this Javon :

"and i'm sick of the 'brett favre wants...' cure-all, favre hasn't acknowledged if he's coming back or not, i'm not to thrilled with TT making decisions on his behalf...and 9 million bucks for flanagan is too much, good no-call ted"

What has TT really done to show Brett he wants him back ?

honestly everyone makes it sound like we're recruiting a blue chip prospect out of high school

the two biggest pieces of this brett favre un-retirance package, if you ask me, are ahman green and william henderson and theyre coming back...why someone is making a bigger fuss about mike flanagan than they were about ahman or henderson is beyond me. not to mention we signed an above average DT in ryan pickett, are in the mix for some other free agents, ...

favre ended up on his *** more often than not last season, this o-line sucked, and whether or not its flanagan's fault or the fact that flanagan wasnt there in the middle...'flanagan' is the common factor, and giving him three years is out of the question

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"the two biggest pieces of this brett favre un-retirance package, if you ask me, are ahman green and william henderson and theyre coming back"

I will agree with you that these were two good signings Javon but really thought we would have seen a "little more" on the recieving and kicking end of things by now ( just a little more ) !!!

shoopster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
I'm not sure if Flanagan has any good seasons left in him, after his last two were ruined by injury. He had a bunch of injuries early in his career too. Thompson continues to go with the younger players.
Flanny has plenty left in the tank Gregory, you see, the Texans will run the same offense that the broncos run, therefore you need quick o-linemen, flanny is a quick o-lineman and will fit in perfect there . . .

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and a 33 year old center who had 2 surgeries in 2 years is quick, and fits that scheme?

can I buy a ticket to your house, in fantasyland?

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like a long season. We have lost the whole interior line and not signed anyone to replace them. Hutchison's contract changed the scale for interior linemen and we need to live with that reality. Mawae would have been a good addition, we did nothing, Allen has a couple good years left and could help with younger players. I have tried to support TT but we are getting worse instead of better. This draft we need to spend second and third picks on interior linemen just to try and catch up.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
directions, please give me directions to fantasyland.

he has 1 year left tops. i love flanny and i wish him well, but he doesnt have much left. do you know what knee surgery does to olinemen?

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
an udrafted rookie was fully capable of running for over 100 yards in games behind this o-line, MAYBE, just MAYBE it wasn't only the o-line, MAYBE it was the back?[/quote]
:D
Good point, and the Pack has two very promising centers on board and if you start them early with the rest of a revamped "O" line; just perhaps we'll begin to see another five or so years of a coherent "O" line playing as one. No guarantees though!!!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well to the line\coaching staffs\managements credit...

klemm was removed in week 11, so things got better by default!

Also, people got healthier,etc...

Wells at center is not a bad thing, ive said this for months now.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What exactly are the Packers saving all of this money for?
All I heard for two months is that the Packers have a ton of cap money to spend and they will re-tool so fast that they will win the division in 2006.
They have done nothing at all to improve on a 4-12 team and may have actually gotten worse.
The more that I see of Ted Thompson the more I like him. Thanks Ted!

gado35

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i dont understand how we can have so much money and not really be filling our gaps and at the same time letting people go like this. our oline is a mess and we really need some help and it is hard to see what TT is doing about it.

Members online

Latest posts