Mike Daniels

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is he still on the team?? Hasn’t done much this year at all. Saw him getting man handled in the Niners game, and he’s supposed to be our run stopping D linemen? When’s the last time he made a big play? What about had his name called? He’s been on ice skates more than Tonya Harding. His mouth is big but his play has been small. Just another guy in the defense being way overpaid.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Daniels' best days are likely behind him, but he's still a solid player on the DL and has made his share of plays this year. If someone hasn't noticed, I don't know what to say for them.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Daniels' best days are likely behind him, but he's still a solid player on the DL and has made his share of plays this year. If someone hasn't noticed, I don't know what to say for them.
Let's face it DL players, especially in a 3-4 don't get a lot of press because what they do can go virtually unnoticed. Daniels is in there to eat up offensive blockers and try to make life easier for the teammates behind him. What you also don't see, is what Daniels does as a teammate with his personality. A lot has been written about him being that guy who fires up teammates, gets into the heads of the opponent. Is Daniels a top 5 guy? No, but I still love having him in Green and Gold and his total salary is only around the 15th highest in the league for DT's.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Overpaid? Probably.
Less impact?? Yes
His fault??? Unknown

The 49ers OL pushed around our entire defensive line like a bunch of teenagers. Nobody looked good. Scheme can also create problems if you're calling stunts and the OL is run blocking, there is very little chance that you won't be on rollerskates getting pushed out of the way. I haven't looked to see how Pettine is calling plays, to see if that is the impact or he is just getting beat more often. I suspect that opposing teams looking to run realize that our OLB are good for maybe one sack per game and not much else, so they concentrate blocking on our only other strength which is our DL.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Let's face it DL players, especially in a 3-4 don't get a lot of press because what they do can go virtually unnoticed. Daniels is in there to eat up offensive blockers and try to make life easier for the teammates behind him. What you also don't see, is what Daniels does as a teammate with his personality. A lot has been written about him being that guy who fires up teammates, gets into the heads of the opponent. Is Daniels a top 5 guy? No, but I still love having him in Green and Gold and his total salary is only around the 15th highest in the league for DT's.

In Pettine's system, DL 1 gap more often than they 2 gap. So there are chances for DL with upfield skills to make plays. And Daniels still does on occasion, while also doing a lot of dirty work, which you pointed out. I think it's fair to say that he's slowing down from his peak, but the way he's characterized in the original post of this thread is ridiculously ignorant.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Daniels will be 30 in May and 2019 will be the last year of his current contract. The Packers could shed him at the end of the season, which would cost them $2.4M but take $8.5M off the books. Will be one of those decisions that will have to center around what he actually does for the team (things we all probably don't see) and if they can find an equally good or better player for $8.5M. So far I think he has probably earned his contract, at least more than some of the second contract guys the Packers have.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Daniels will be 30 in May and 2019 will be the last year of his current contract. The Packers could shed him at the end of the season, which would cost them $2.4M but take $8.5M off the books. Will be one of those decisions that will have to center around what he actually does for the team (things we all probably don't see) and if they can find an equally good or better player for $8.5M. So far I think he has probably earned his contract, at least more than some of the second contract guys the Packers have.

I'm guessing that he will play out his deal while they look for more young players to emerge around him.

Reese2017

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is he still on the team?? Hasn’t done much this year at all. Saw him getting man handled in the Niners game, and he’s supposed to be our run stopping D linemen? When’s the last time he made a big play? What about had his name called? He’s been on ice skates more than Tonya Harding. His mouth is big but his play has been small. Just another guy in the defense being way overpaid.

Reese2017

Cheesehead
Reaction score
U guys are such fools the man never got any rest ,because they never substitute and now he might be burnt out Kenny Clark is going in the same direction why once again u guys never substitute so give the man a break , guys like Lowry and Adams u people love but what has it gotten u

Reese2017

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wore out no subs to rest him leave the man alone

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Mike Daniels’ current contract averages about 10M per season, to say that’s overpaying ignores where the market is for great 3 techniques right now. Donald is making well over double that.

Reese2017

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Call Cleveland Browns trade a7th round pick for Brian price mike Daniels loved him Kenny and Brian are same age and he is a tough son of a gun

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A man doesnt go from being so dominant one season to no existent the next. Im watch a totally different game then you then hehe. Hes always doubled and thats why clark is having more of a better season right now. Daniels is a beast still but hes always double. Perry and Clay slacking.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Call Cleveland Browns trade a7th round pick for Brian price mike Daniels loved him Kenny and Brian are same age and he is a tough son of a gun

Price has been with 4 teams, including the Packers in 3 years and has barely played, why would you give up a 7th round pick on a guy that you waived 2 years ago?

His Dad use to hang out here and thought the Packers were idiots for cutting him and I think he vowed to never come back. :coffee:

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
One of the weirdest things to me about football fans is how they perpetually seem shocked and appalled that players on their favorite team decline with age.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
U guys are such fools the man never got any rest ,because they never substitute and now he might be burnt out Kenny Clark is going in the same direction why once again u guys never substitute so give the man a break , guys like Lowry and Adams u people love but what has it gotten u
I agreed with your post, but I have to ask.... is Mike your son too?

D

Deleted member 6794

Daniels has declined a bit this season but he's still second on the team in total pressures begind Clark.

Daniels has never played more than 67.2% of the defensive snaps during any of his seasons in Green Bay. That's not a reason for him not performing up to expectations anymore.

Donald is making well over double that.

Donald is the most dominant defensive player in the league though.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not upset with how Daniels is performing or how much he is getting paid. as far as i'm concerned, he has earned and is earning his money.

D

Deleted member 6794

I am not upset with how Daniels is performing or how much he is getting paid. as far as i'm concerned, he has earned and is earning his money.

While that has definitely been true until this season he hasn't performed up to his contract in 2018.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Daniels has declined a bit this season but he's still second on the team in total pressures begind Clark.

Daniels has never played more than 67.2% of the defensive snaps during any of his seasons in Green Bay. That's not a reason for him not performing up to expectations anymore.

Donald is the most dominant defensive player in the league though.

Of course. Which is why he gets more than twice what Daniels gets.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mike Daniels’ current contract averages about 10M per season, to say that’s overpaying ignores where the market is for great 3 techniques right now. Donald is making well over double that.

And Donald is 2 x’s Better so.....

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So I rewatched the Niners game and Daniels wasn’t t double teamed nearly as much as some of you are claiming. Stop making stuff up folks. He’s strong as an OX....but he’s average at best. You can get a similar player for way cheaper to talk and fire guys up seriously.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts