McKinnie, Johnson arrested on pair of misdemeanors

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
MINNEAPOLIS -- Minnesota Vikings offensive tackle Bryant McKinnie was arrested on suspicion of a pair of misdemeanors early Monday morning at a Minneapolis gas station.

McKinnie, 26, was held on suspicion of disorderly conduct and obstructing the legal process, according to jail documents. He was freed on $50 bail at 6:38 a.m.

Also arrested was rookie guard Marcus Johnson, 23, on suspicion of the same charges. The Vikings drafted Johnson from Ole Miss at pick No. 49 this year.

A team spokesman reached early Monday said that he had not heard of the incident and had no comment on it. He did not immediately return a telephone call later Monday.

Minneapolis police spokesman Ron Reier said McKinnie and Johnson were arrested after officers were called to clear out a large crowd from Bobby & Steve's Auto World on Washington Avenue near downtown Minneapolis.

Messages left with McKinnie's agent, Ben Dogra, were not immediately returned Monday morning.

A witness told WCCO-AM that McKinnie was offended by a comment by a fellow player and a scuffle resulted.

Jail records indicate Johnson was released 2 minutes after McKinnie.

McKinnie and Johnson were scheduled to appear on court Monday in Minneapolis.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SlickVision said:
MINNEAPOLIS -- Minnesota Vikings offensive tackle Bryant McKinnie was arrested on suspicion of a pair of misdemeanors early Monday morning at a Minneapolis gas station.

McKinnie, 26, was held on suspicion of disorderly conduct and obstructing the legal process, according to jail documents. He was freed on $50 bail at 6:38 a.m.

Also arrested was rookie guard Marcus Johnson, 23, on suspicion of the same charges. The Vikings drafted Johnson from Ole Miss at pick No. 49 this year.

A team spokesman reached early Monday said that he had not heard of the incident and had no comment on it. He did not immediately return a telephone call later Monday.

Minneapolis police spokesman Ron Reier said McKinnie and Johnson were arrested after officers were called to clear out a large crowd from Bobby & Steve's Auto World on Washington Avenue near downtown Minneapolis.

Messages left with McKinnie's agent, Ben Dogra, were not immediately returned Monday morning.

A witness told WCCO-AM that McKinnie was offended by a comment by a fellow player and a scuffle resulted.

Jail records indicate Johnson was released 2 minutes after McKinnie.

McKinnie and Johnson were scheduled to appear on court Monday in Minneapolis.

probably a little huffy over high gas prices?

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They were probably still celebrating their win over the saints. Our MN paper has a whole page about the Viking win, and now the fans are saying they're on their way to winning the division. I hope not.

vikefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
carol k said:
They were probably still celebrating their win over the saints. Our MN paper has a whole page about the Viking win, and now the fans are saying they're on their way to winning the division. I hope not.
I don't know one fan that thinks we're going to win the division. Besides, anyone coming from the North is probably one and done.

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was interesting to hear Fred Smoot talk tonight about his two teammates who were arrested. He said that people expect too much from football players, and I quote, "We don't got a bunch of church rats running around here. Maybe they should have a few. :D :) :)

Members online

Latest posts