Mccarthy: Collins Done For Season; Doesn't Know If Career Threatening

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we'll be OK but that doesn't mean I'm going to miss Collins any less. He is a force on our D and he will be missed very much out there!!! Some love for Collins!

BoilerUp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All I care about is that one of my favorite Packer's can fully recover and hopefully play football someday. It was way too scary watching him getting carted off. :( I pray for a speedy recover Nick!

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Ya, it seems a disc problem is about the only thing it could be. I heard Wilde talk about this, this afternoon and the good news according to him is Collins doesn’t have any weakness in his extremities and no numbness (that's why the news was initially good). Wilde said if he wasn’t wearing a neck brace you wouldn’t know he’s hurt. So like Murphy and Tim Lewis (a very smart classy person and great DB for those who don’t remember him) if his career is over he should be able to lead a “normal” life. And of course he may play again – Wilde thinks he’s going to consult an expert so perhaps surgery is in his future.

Of course Burnett isn’t on Collins’ level yet but he’s very athletic for a safety, like Collins. I know some here thought Peprah would start ahead of him but he doesn’t have the range of either Collins or Burnett. But he’s solid and smart. It turns out Thompson and staff were prescient keeping 10 DBs on the roster. MD Jennings better be paying full attention (probably already was) and the Packers are lucky to have versatile Jarrett Bush who has experience playing safety (just thought I’d throw that in for all his “fans”!). Going forward it certainly would be nice if Davon House emulated Sam Sheilds’ rookie season and he could start this week in Chicago. And of course a DB’s best friend is pressure on the QB.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Ya, it seems a disc problem is about the only thing it could be. I heard Wilde talk about this, this afternoon and the good news according to him is Collins doesn’t have any weakness in his extremities and no numbness (that's why the news was initially good). Wilde said if he wasn’t wearing a neck brace you wouldn’t know he’s hurt. So like Murphy and Tim Lewis (a very smart classy person and great DB for those who don’t remember him) if his career is over he should be able to lead a “normal” life. And of course he may play again – Wilde thinks he’s going to consult an expert so perhaps surgery is in his future.

Of course Burnett isn’t on Collins’ level yet but he’s very athletic for a safety, like Collins. I know some here thought Peprah would start ahead of him but he doesn’t have the range of either Collins or Burnett. But he’s solid and smart. It turns out Thompson and staff were prescient keeping 10 DBs on the roster. MD Jennings better be paying full attention (probably already was) and the Packers are lucky to have versatile Jarrett Bush who has experience playing safety (just thought I’d throw that in for all his “fans”!). Going forward it certainly would be nice if Davon House emulated Sam Sheilds’ rookie season and he could start this week in Chicago. And of course a DB’s best friend is pressure on the QB.

Good post, but it took me a while to get through it with tri-focals. ;)

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
... it took me a while to get through it with tri-focals. ;)

Ya, I've had some problems with the font since the recent forum update (I am NOT complaining!), I've edited it and hope it is more legible.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Oh no, this is not good.

I hope it's not career threatening.

We love you Nick, you're in our thoughts and prayers.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts