Mccarthy: Collins Done For Season; Doesn't Know If Career Threatening

SoCalPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's so sad :/ I wonder if it was worse than they thought? or they are being safe about it. Either way it's a shame and I wish Collins the best

OP
OP
P

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They say he is wearing a neck brace, not sure on the surgery. Odd that he would be out for the season and not have surgery. But, who knows, something could have happened to a nerve, the spinal cord, or a broken/fractured bone. If that is the case they probably are taking no risks, but for him to already be ruled out for the season this quick is definitely cause for concern. I'm purely speculating, but they must feel that another hit to that area could probably do life long damage.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
Sucks he's out for the season, and as much as I start worrying about our secondary now that he's out, I'm much more concerned about his future with the team and for his overall future well being.

dogpackerz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
looks like were gonna have 2 win shoot-outs this year...
Chuck Peprah will be efficient

Millertown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
peprah is so-so, mos def not beast mode like collins. our defense is looking worse every week. :*(

godspeed collins, get well.

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm glad they put Collins on IR. No way he should play again this season even if he's healthy. Health comes first.

As far as the defense, Morgan Burnett and Charlie Peprah are more than serviceable. What I'd be more worried about is if one of them go down. More Charles Woodson at safety then or Jarrett Bush all the time?

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
What a damn shame! I hope it's not spinal stenosis - that's a pre-existing narrowing of the spine that caused Terrence Murphy (WR drafted in '05) to end his career. IMO only Woodson, Matthews, and Raji are more important to this D. Collins has CB speed and he's played at an all-pro level for past few years now. Burnett has looked really good, but what a damn shame! The Packers are fortunate to have a backup like Peprah - we know he's good enough to win a title with. Now "all" Burnett has to do is emulate Collins.

The play he got hurt didn't look that bad, although with spinal injuries you never know. I replayed it back in slow motion and it looked like the top of his helmet hit the back of the Panther's thigh/butt as he jumped over him.

DAMN!

chaburns43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i don't even wanna think about if one of them goes down. How valid are these stories about bringing back sharper?

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
I was having a good day today too. I don't know if I can watch the game this weekend....it might take five years off the end of my life.

Millertown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What a damn shame! I hope it's not spinal stenosis - that's a pre-existing narrowing of the spine that caused Terrence Murphy (WR drafted in '05) to end his career. IMO only Woodson, Matthews, and Raji are more important to this D. Collins has CB speed and he's played at an all-pro level for past few years now. Burnett has looked really good, but what a damn shame! The Packers are fortunate to have a backup like Peprah - we know he's good enough to win a title with. Now "all" Burnett has to do is emulate Collins.

The play he got hurt didn't look that bad, although with spinal injuries you never know. I replayed it back in slow motion and it looked like the top of his helmet hit the back of the Panther's thigh/butt as he jumped over him.

DAMN!

yep, collins is a huge loss. imo, he's just as important as williams and woodson. that pick six in the sb will forever be one of my top plays to remember. i don't have full faith in peprah and i have seen burnett blow coverage too many times.

more importantly, i hope collins is okay for his family's sake and for his future not as an nfl player, but as a person as a whole.

:insert sad panda face:

Members online

Latest posts