McCarthy admits a mistake, sort of.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
@Mondio is stating that to the talking media heads and casual fan, most of the 2015 offensive woes can being blamed on receivers not getting separation. Plays are selectively used as examples to justify that view. Ignored are the plays that failed when the receivers were open but not given a target or when they failed to catch the ball. Historically Rodgers had a penchant to ignore the open short receiver in anticipation of a big play that may or not materialize. Instead of a 7 yard dumpoff to get to 2&3, he'd toss it away or take a sack for 2&10+. I don't think he'd have the patience to run a **** and dunk offense as a scheme nor does MM have the capability to call it. That is what was needed last year without the big play weapons. Another reason the yards per attempt and reception looked so poorly. The offense tried it but wasn't structured for it. I do not know what happened to the pick plays that were used so effectively a few seasons ago.

D

Deleted member 6794

@Mondio is stating that to the talking media heads and casual fan, most of the 2015 offensive woes can being blamed on receivers not getting separation. Plays are selectively used as examples to justify that view. Ignored are the plays that failed when the receivers were open but not given a target or when they failed to catch the ball.

Actually Mondio completely ignores the fact that receivers weren't getting open. He solely blames the offense struggling on Rodgers not targeting open receivers or them not catching the ball.

As I've mentioned repeatedly there's absolutely no doubt the players didn't properly execute perfectly called plays on a lot of occasions. On the other hand it should be obvious to every single Packers fan that the coaching staff not using more combination routes to help receivers separate from defensive backs was part of the problem as well.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you're all correct; it was a combination of things resulting in an overall sucko performance.

Members online

Latest posts