Matthews give Wilson something to think about

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Packers Blog - JSOnline

In his second game with a major role, once again C.J. Wilson played better as the game wore on. “I told him I’m not going to start playing you until the second quarter,” said Trgovac.

“He gets better as the game goes along. He’s a young kid and he’s probably thinking two first round draft picks again this week. He hasn’t had a stiff to line up against. Damien Woody and D’Brickashaw Ferguson are two excellent players.”

Wilson may be impressing people, but the rookie can expect some chatter from his locker neighbor. This happened last week. Wilson was explaining how he felt when he was taken in the seventh round of the draft.

“I had a good combine, good season, good resume,” Wilson said on draft day. “I'm so hundred percent that some of the guys that I got passed by -- I'm a lot better than.”

Linebacker Clay Matthews III heard this recollection. He flipped his showered hair back and sent sprays of droplets over everyone, including neighbor Wilson.

“Yeah that happens to me a lot,” laughed Wilson.

“You said you were better than everyone drafted before you?” said Matthews.

“Well, you’ve got to be confident in yourself…” said Wilson, laughing. “I was mad…”

“You were mad to be drafted to play a game no one else has the opportunity to?” said Matthews.

“You know what, you’re messing up my interview…” said Wilson.

“So you’re better than Ndamkong Suh?” said Matthews.

“I didn’t say that,” said Wilson. “I said some…”

"So you’re not confident you’re better?” said Matthews.

“You know what. I plead the fifth. I don’t have to answer that question. My lawyer ain’t here,” said Wilson.

Matthews walked away with a satisfied smile.

LOL he sacks q/b and bust the balls of teamates

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
LOL

Great post. Really interested to read that. C.J. Wilson is turning in a great player for us. Yeah, he might be better than some of the guys that got drafted ahead of him from what I've seen so far. Dude is gonna be a good player for us.

Why is he sitting in front of Clay Matthews locker during his interview on the main packer site on the video 11/3/10?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Matthews just passes the image of a really relaxed dude, real californian kid, maybe even a bit cocky, outside the field. I like his personality a lot. He has his head straight, you can tell that.

And, on the field, his record setting 19.5 sacks on 20 games started, and his relentless motor, his agility and power, he's the real deal. He's no one year wonder. This guy will be the best pass rusher of this next decade.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Matthews just passes the image of a really relaxed dude, real californian kid, maybe even a bit cocky, outside the field. I like his personality a lot. He has his head straight, you can tell that.

And, on the field, his record setting 19.5 sacks on 20 games started, and his relentless motor, his agility and power, he's the real deal. He's no one year wonder. This guy will be the best pass rusher of this next decade.

I definitely agree that's a possibility...getting a sack against one of the best OLINES in the NFL in the 4th QTR when it counts the most is a great sign