Matt LaFleur

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I recently saw a 4 1/2 minute Covid interview with Matt LaFleur from another forum and I was impressed! He looks so much more comfortable. He answered all questions appropriately and looked good doing it. He speaks well and just looks like he is ready and willing for anything. He seems confident in his offensive scheme. I only hope that he will be willing to improvise as needed during games. But I feel a lot better about him from the short interview. A year ago I liked him but... Last year he looked a bit overwhelmed. Not now.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I thought he adapted well last year, especially when Adams was out and he moved Jones into Receiver positions to pressure defenses.

ColoradoPacker51

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel for our offense to run at its best efficiency, Jones has to be utilized more as a receiver and from the slot. Especially considering our WR issues. Utilize jones more in favorable one on ones against LBs, and put Dillon in the backfield. Could be scary!

H

HardRightEdge

And so are you saying I should not comment on it because it is so obvious to you?
You can comment on anything you like. Note I said "this time last season." The change didn't happen suddenly this offseason. If you were implying such suddeness then consider my comment a disagreement. He was looking more poised and relaxed as the wins were piling up last season and that would be expected.

OP
OP
gopkrs

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, it was not obvious to me. For me, it was refreshing to see him so competent. I hope that carries over to the sidelines as that is not what I perceived last year. He often looked rattled to me.

H

HardRightEdge

And you can write a treatise on whatever comes to your mind.
Thanks. And you are free to share your opinions about them. In this case you chose to make an issue of a two-liner. [End of treatise.]

Last edited by a moderator:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, it was not obvious to me. For me, it was refreshing to see him so competent. I hope that carries over to the sidelines as that is not what I perceived last year. He often looked rattled to me.
i was just messing with you :) but yes, I think he looked nervous during a lot of the year. he seems more in command, and ironically enough I think the *** kicking by the 9er's may have actually made him a better leader/coach going forward.

OP
OP
gopkrs

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks. And you are free to share your opinions about them. In this case you chose to make an issue of a two-liner. [End of treatise.]
That was a cheap shot on my part. I apologize. You add a lot of knowledge on many topics that take time to explain.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel for our offense to run at its best efficiency, Jones has to be utilized more as a receiver and from the slot. Especially considering our WR issues. Utilize jones more in favorable one on ones against LBs, and put Dillon in the backfield. Could be scary!

I agree. I think a lot of fans keep sticking to traditional ideas of what an offense should be. The game today is really like chess and its about finding and exploiting weaknesses in your opponents. So why not utilize your best players and maximize their strengths. Aaron Jones is an elite pass catcher out the backfield. Dillon as a second round pick will have a substantial role in the offense.

D

Deleted member 6794

I feel for our offense to run at its best efficiency, Jones has to be utilized more as a receiver and from the slot.

It's unrealistic to expect a running back to be successful lining up in the slot on a regular basis. Fans have to realize that even the best pass catchers among the position group receive over half of their targets either at or behind the line of scrimmage.

While there's definitely a chance to exploit a bad matchup using Jones in the slot occasionally there's a reason RBs only receive 9.9% of their targets while lining up there.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I REALLY hope so. I'm a little concerned though because of he was interested in doing that, then why didn't it happen last year?
I think Jones would have been fine with it. I think it wasn't utilized more because it wasn't necessarily incorporated in the game plan. We saw a lot of it while Davante was out simply because we didn't have much of a choice.

Now why it wasn't utilized more after Davante returned, I'm not sure. But I'm confident that LaFleur and his staff have looked at things we did really well and will incorporate more of those things into the attack for this season.

Additionally, with the drafting of Dillon, the Packers clearly would like to utilize him more in the run game. In my opinion, that will open up Jones for more possibilities in the passing game.

We'll see how it all plays out.

Members online

Latest posts