Marshall Faulk - Idiot

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Watched that NFL Network show "No Huddle" talking about GB and Marshall said "Did Clay Matthews play this year?"

Almost raged at my TV. I guess since he doesn't have 20 sacks, he's a non-factor. What a moron

Frozencheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Clay Matthews is the Aaron Rodgers of our defense. I love Charles Woodson, but CM3 has been a beast all year. CM3's weakness used to be his run defense, now it's his strength.

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just watched that video right there.

Its the reason I dont like watching these videos, always annoys me and makes me slightly nervous before the game.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Clay Matthews is very very good I can't help but think he might be a victim to "over-training" as well as training that might be irrelevant to football conditions. Don't get me wrong I am all for working muscles that haven't been worked and getting in a good cardio workout but it just feels that way watching him this year. He seems to be trying to many fancy or finesse moves when he is rushing the passer. That's my 2 cents. Marshall Faulk really doesn't know much if he think clay didn't have a very good year in his contributions to the defense.

edit - hope this jumbled mess makes sense to everyone as it's early in the morning and I had a very late night. Go Pack!

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
The Giants are the hottest team entering the NFC playoffs so I don’t have a problem with analysts picking them to beat the Packers: Of the three teams the Packers could have faced this weekend, IMO the Giants were the best and most complete team. And if I were producing “No Huddle” I’d encourage opposing points of view, so I don’t have a problem with that, either. But when the subject of Clay Matthews was brought up, I’d expect a casual fan to have the kind of opinion Faulk expressed, not someone who gets paid to have opinions on the NFL. Of course if the depth of Faulk’s “research” or thought process is looking at sack numbers and nothing more he came to a logical conclusion. But if I were paid to have opinions I’d care more about being right or at least providing more in-depth analysis that the casual fan doesn’t have time for. For example, how do this year’s pressures, knockdowns, and hurries compare to last? Was there anything else going on with the Packers’ defense that may have affected Clay’s sack numbers? And I’d mention while his sack numbers are down, he’s had more passes defended, interceptions, and forced fumbles than last season. Instead Faulk repeats the same vapid comment three or four times. I hope Clay makes him look even more foolish Sunday afternoon.

arrimike

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Giants are the hottest team entering the NFC playoffs so I don’t have a problem with analysts picking them to beat the Packers:

I hate to say it, but the Saints and the Patriots seem to be the hottest teams in the playoffs right now. Both teams ended the season on an 8 game run. Patriots who did so to gain the first seed in the AFC. The giants won 2 to get into the playoffs. But that is just my opinion.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like when they say Cm3 has'nt been great this year guess they need to see,how he's been all over finally getting more pressure on the q,b in last few games,helped some guys like Walden and I forget who else to get sacks.As much as giants feel we should worry about their d-line they should worry about ours bears lions game.

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
Just saw another pundit picking the Giants. There's a lot of that. We may not be the underdogs, but...we are the underdogs.

Members online

Latest posts