1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

March 8th post...Larry Johnson a packer....I called it first

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by starpass, Apr 26, 2007.

1. starpass

starpass Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey...let's end it all...I put in a post on March 8th that LJ would be a packer...So...Ted Turner I mean Thompson...saw my post and said...that guy in KC knows something I do not know...Ted called me personally and asked abouat the validity of the rumor...I confirmed that LJ was on the block and WHAMO...here we are today....So, every packer fan owes me an old style if what I predicted comes true...move over Boomer...er Swami...StarrPass has spoken...hmmmmm.

2. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
  3. starpass

starpass Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Post subject: Larry Johnson a packer?
    Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 05:22 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mitch Holtus, the voice of the KC Chiefs said on KC sports radio that there are going to be some "block buster deals" done in KC. It could be LJ or Tony G. and Trent Green. The theory is that Herm Edwards wants to go with younger guys...That is why Brodie Croyle will be competing for the starting QB job along with Damon Huard. So...Could the pack make the chiefs an offrer for LJ?

4. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    And a post of biblical proportions it was.

5. starpass

starpass Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I heard CHiefs GM/President/CEO (Carl Peterson) say on the radio yesterday that there are only truly 17-18 legit 1st rounders in the draft...Hence, KC drafting at 23...will not get a "true first round talent" according to Peterson...So, KC would like to move up and grab....say a Ted Ginn....remember...KC delt away Dante Hall to St. Louis yersterday and does not a returner....Just passing my knowledge to the green and gold faithful...as I bleed green and gold...for da Pack.

6. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Re: March 8th post...Larry Johnson a packer....I called it f

It changed the way people post on pf.com

7. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Looks like the sources jumped to conclusions on this one... which is odd because scout.com doesn't strike me as the site to write stuff up without some solid evidence to suggest it may happen...

8. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    what makes you say that they've jumped to conclusions?

9. Mortfini

Mortfini Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

IM real sorry i but i feel that LJ IS GOING NOWHERE

on a different story turner can be traded now so look out for green bay to make a offer on draft day

10. pyledriver80

pyledriver80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

The Chiefs said there is ABSOLUTELY NO TRUTH TO THE RUMOR

11. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4

...and Nick Saban said he wasn't going to be the next coach of the Crimson Tide. So what? If the Chiefs say there's nothing to the rumor, there probably is. Who really knows?

12. Yared-Yam

Yared-Yam Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Why would the Chiefs even think about trading LJ? Do they want to suck for the next 4 years?

You don't trade your best player. That's silly. He's not going anywhere.

13. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8

It's no secret LJ wants out and the Chiefs don't want to pay him the money he will demand. It'd be wise to get as much for him NOW before they get nothing when he leaves after the season.

Of course, they can franchise him too.

14. MassPackersFan

MassPackersFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

They have legitimate financial reasons, with a desperate need to rebuild their O-line. The KC fans seem to be for a trade too.

15. starpass

starpass Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Since the Chiefs are denying the whole LJ thing...Read into it...IT is a done DEAL...Book it...My prediction is LJ will be wearing Green and Gold withn 48 hours...The Chiefs need picks...they only have 6 picks...now 7 with the Dante Hall trade...They know that the future is 2-3 years away for this team...Larry had over 400 carries the last year...he cannot take this toll for than a couple years...SO...trade LJ...gets some young guys...who will be in their prime in 2-3 years...SO...when the next Chief QB (Brody Croyle) is ready...and the chiefs know that they cannot make a run for the super bowl seriously for 203 years...Get what you can for LJ...now...next year...they will franchise him....that will T him off...It is a win win for the pack and KC...the pack get a RB that is better than anything in the draft...and the Chiefs get picks...and probably a Teddy Ginn...Go to the bank...with it...LJ in GB....or maybe...just maybe...we can get SAMKON BACK!!!!

16. all about da packers

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm sorry starpass, but your post seems to be pure conjecture, and nothing more.

17. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3

You better be careful........you might dislocate your shoulder trying to pat yourself on the back that much.
    Fact is, nothing is done yet. IF the deal had been done, maybe you could crow then.
    But even then, you were just posting what someone else said.
    It's still just the same old yearly rumors at this point anyway.

18. Since69

Since69 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Looks like you got to be the first one wrong about it, too... :thumbsup:

19. starpass

starpass Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    HEY...Packer Backers...every runningback in the draft has visited KC recently...we are talking Lynch and the Florida State Guy...So...as the local swami...I say...all this leads me to believe that GB will pull the trigger and get the LJ deal done...or my name is not starpass

20. all about da packers

Ratings:
    +0
    There is no evidence to suggest that.

The Chiefs need another RB to cut the work load of LJ. 416 carry workload for a few years will put any person out of football permanently.

21. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

I'll tell you what. If we get both LJ and Randy Moss, I will be very happy. I'll give props to you for calling LJ and to Raider Pride for Moss.

22. MassPackersFan

MassPackersFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I say we swap firsts and give them a third this year, and a conditional pick up to a first next year based on his production. Keep offering the 4th for Moss. If both trades went through, we still have a 1st and a 2nd.

23. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Packers make strong offer for L.J.
    Posted: Friday April 27, 2007 10:43AM ET
    A source outside of the Chiefs organization informed Scout.com that the Packers have offered their first overall pick (16th overall) and fourth round pick (112th overall) in this weekend's NFL draft for RB Larry Johnson. If the Packers and Chiefs agree on a trade, it is likely that a verbal agreement on a contract between Johnson and the Packers would have to be in place.

packers.scout.com

Comments (75)
    Related News
    Share It
    Blog It
    Larry Johnson
    Jonathan Daniel/Getty Images
    Jonathan Daniel/Getty Images
    Buzz MeterIt's Hot! Rank: 10
    It's Not!