Lots of JerMichael Finley hate....

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can only hang your hat on "potential" for so long. Eventually, potential needs to turn into production. Finley has not become a highly productive TE. He should have exploded when Jennings was out injured, but didn't. Guys like Gronkowski, Witten, Graham and Gates completely transform games. Finley disappears after the first drive.

I used to love the guy, but I finally realized I was "in love with the idea" of Jermichael Finley. The idea that he would become top 3 TE. It looks like it is never going to happen.

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want to like Finley more than I do...but this season just really soured me on him. I like Quarless a bunch and Crabtree / Taylor have good chances to make improvements. However today against the Giants it was the entire receiving corps save for DD that needed to get kicked into gear.

gbpowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Finley's "potential" but if that is all that he ever will be; then franchise him and pull the trigger on a trade involving him that would net us a player on defense!

Reaction score
I think we are all emotional because of what has taken place but let this sink in for a while. I think we give Jermichael a one year deal to see what he can do with that.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we are all emotional because of what has taken place but let this sink in for a while. I think we give Jermichael a one year deal to see what he can do with that.
We already gave him a year.
But if the Packers were to give him another year, then don't throw the ball to him as often.
One dropped pass, no more throws for the rest of the game and for god's sake, no game saving TDs to him either.

Like_That

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope the Packers keep Finely so that next year I can laugh at all his haters. I bet Nelson doesnt have the year he has without Finely.

Helmets

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, Findrop has talent, Findrop has potential, but between the drops and the dancing with his hand up on top of his helmet after every reception, I can't take it any longer. For the last five games or so, I find myself mumbling on third down, "anyone but Finley, anyone but Finley."

When it gets to the point where you can not rely on one of your "weapons" on third down or in other critical points in a game, then it might be time to cut ties.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If they can get him for relatively cheap i think they should keep him again, maybe he just had an Adam Dunn (White Sox anyone?) season. But if he's commanding the big bucks, let him walk.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If they can get him for relatively cheap i think they should keep him again, maybe he just had an Adam Dunn (White Sox anyone?) season. But if he's commanding the big bucks, let him walk.

As a Chicagoan and White Sox fan, nobody in any sport will ever have an Adam Dunn season. Dunn had the worst year of any player in any sport ever. Finley just disappears too often during games. He doesn't have that "game changing factor". Jimmy Graham, Ron Gronkowski, Antonio Gates out-run and out-jump players. They get open. They find holes. They don't allow themselves to disappear.

I love Finley... I follow him on Twitter... But he is a better talker than player.

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would be willing to put up with him for one more season to see if this season was a fluke. But wouldn't be mad if they dumped him either.
The "fluke" is when hes catching the ball. He is a larger sized T.O. When he gets his new team (and I bet its a big market L.A./ NYJ/ MIA he will become even MORE obnoxious)

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why do you think we have 5 TE's on the roster? Finley can ****.. seriously. He celebrates like a damn fool after every catch. We don't need guys like that on our team. Plus he's had so many dropped balls this year. He can go ahead and sign with a different, instead of waste A-Rods time throwing him beautiful passes for him to just drop like a *******. D.J. Williams might be the future player at our TE position. Ted Thompson prepares for the future and he'll find a way in this off-season.

Just checked NFL.com stats. Finley, after his 2 dropped balls yesterday, finishes the season at #2 with 13 dropped balls. No Thanks. GoodBye

Reaction score
I'm tired of this "he's got talent, he's got potential" crap. How many times did the Vikings use this excuse for Tavaris Jackson? Where is he playing now? Has his talent/potential shown up yet?

Get rid of this thug today.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As a Chicagoan and White Sox fan, nobody in any sport will ever have an Adam Dunn season. Dunn had the worst year of any player in any sport ever.

lol, i don't follow baseball that close but i do listen to 670 the Score a lot and they always did a good job of letting me know how he was doing.

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, Nelson benefited from Jennings and Finley having to be covered. You just don't let talent like Finley walk away. Give this young core a chance to grow.

Its not like they will be cutting him. Finley only sticks with this team if he sees that other GMs know what we know... that he has a lot of drops in a system custom built to fit his skills. If he cannot catch pinpoint passes in the numbers with one of the best QBs in the game throwing it, AND not having huge amounts of consistent coverage being in one of the BEST WR/TE groups in the league, how will he fair with a Matt Moore or Sanchez throwing it to him, while he is consistently getting over/under coverage due to the fact that the D only has to cover 1 solid WR other than him?

The fact is that Finley is looking to get P.A.I.D. As in Boy Band type $$$. And some idiot owner will meet with him in person, see how huge he is and charismatic, and they will pay him like the top 3 TE he THINKS he is.

That is not letting him walk away, that is called cutting your losses and making $$$ by not spending $$$. The onus falls on Finley at this point.He is not a top 3 TE, and you take away his 2 HUGE games this season, he was marginal at best. He is a $2m te a year, he will want to be a $6m tight end when the FA period begins.

Like_That

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL I cant wait to post on this thread next year when Finely proves all of you haters wrong.

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL I cant wait to post on this thread next year when Finely proves all of you haters wrong.
Isnt that what FINLEY was Tweeting last year when he got hurt? What happened?

Ill tell you what happened: He consistently beat his coverage, got open in the endzone, and promptly dropped a ball that hit him in the hands/ numbers/ facemask/ got tucked into his pocket/ etc. Had Finley only had 5 drops, or one dropped TD, I would be closer to your side of the argument, but this is not a one season "fluke". Those who watch Finley have ALWAYS seen him drop easy catches. Thats why I have never understood when announcers say he has some of the "best hands" in FB. They must be talking about how pretty they are. The cocoa butter he uses to keep them soft are likely the reason his great hands cant grip a spiral.

Too much talk, not enough consistent play. If we could keep him for 1.2m a year like his current contract, I say lets do it. But thats NOT the case. He wants BIG $$$. He does not deserve BIG $$$.

Reaction score
I'm tired of this "he's got talent, he's got potential" crap. How many times did the Vikings use this excuse for Tavaris Jackson? Where is he playing now? Has his talent/potential shown up yet?

Get rid of this thug today.
When you throw the word "thug" in there, then yes I don't blame one poster for thinking certain comments are grounded in racism. You didn't even have to go there. This young man hasn't done anything to warrant that name calling.

Members online

Latest posts