list of potential Packers HOFers

PackersDraft

Draftnik
Reaction score

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DD has a ring. Leading packer WR in yardage not going? I say he goes with bells on. No question, he was electric for many years. He has the pedigree to go if Michael Irvin got in, just sayin.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DD has a ring. Leading packer WR in yardage not going? I say he goes with bells on. No question, he was electric for many years. He has the pedigree to go if Michael Irvin got in, just sayin.

Was rarely the best WR on the packers let alone the league. Never had double digit TDs. In an era where Chris carter can't get in you think driver will even get nominated? I just dont see it. Hines ward isn't going to get in either I don't think. Very similar careers, with an edge to ward.

I think of the WRs from the past 15 years that are coming to an end of their career, only moss and TO get in. Tory holt and issac Bruce both will get debated but I don't see them getting in.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yea not a chance DD gets into the NFL hall of fame. If I had a vote I wouldn't vote him in. You have to think of the hall of fame as the greatest of the great. It's prestigious. As ivo said DD was never the greatest WR in the league. I'm a big DD fan but not a chance he gets in the hall of fame. I wouldn't vote for wes welker either unless he can do what he is doing for 5 more years. People who get in the hall of fame should have the talent level of someone like Sterling Sharpe and sustain that over the course of many years.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yea not a chance DD gets into the NFL hall of fame. If I had a vote I wouldn't vote him in. You have to think of the hall of fame as the greatest of the great. It's prestigious. As ivo said DD was never the greatest WR in the league. I'm a big DD fan but not a chance he gets in the hall of fame. I wouldn't vote for wes welker either unless he can do what he is doing for 5 more years. People who get in the hall of fame should have the talent level of someone like Sterling Sharpe and sustain that over the course of many years.

After looking at welkers numbers I don't think he gets in either. No double digit TDs. Great career though.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After looking at welkers numbers I don't think he gets in either. No double digit TDs. Great career though.

yea I don't think he is either...right now. If he continues to catch 120 passes for the next 5 years I think he has a SHOT.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yea I don't think he is either...right now. If he continues to catch 120 passes for the next 5 years I think he has a SHOT.

It's such a QB dependent position. I mean I think it's a shoe in for Steve smith if he would have been drafted by the Packers instead of the Panthers.

Is any other position like that? TE maybe?

It's amazing the numbers tony gonzalez (spelling?) put up without ever having a QB worth mentioning til he got to ATL.

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The WR position for the HOF has WAY to many guys to get in, and unless they do a Single position class, few will get in anytime soon, Hell Andre Reed isn't in and I would take him over Carter any day. DD will be in the Packer HOF for sure, and may end up with his number retired.

Kramer should have been in a LONG time ago, no way he shouldn't be in, that is one the biggest mistakes the HOF committee has made.

of current players, I think Colins has a shot as he was one of the best Safeties in the league for several years, and has a Ring, Rodgers is a no brainer if he plays 5-6 more years and gets one more ring. Mathews is a possibility if he plays like he did in 2010 for 5 more years. No way that Jennings or Nelson get into the HOF though.

Helmets

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO, Jennings has a great shot to make the Hall of Fame - however it will depend on how long he plays and how many Superbowls the Packers can win. When I compare him to Michael Irvin, he is on pace to have better statistics in every major category. In addition, he has two consecutive Pro Bowls where Irvin had five (5) his entire career. Irvin however has the rings.

It is very difficult to get into the hall of fame as a receiver - with many of the receivers on the fence with impressive statistics. That is why I believe that longevity as well as Superbowl wins plays a major part in being voted in.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The WR position for the HOF has WAY to many guys to get in, and unless they do a Single position class, few will get in anytime soon, Hell Andre Reed isn't in and I would take him over Carter any day. DD will be in the Packer HOF for sure, and may end up with his number retired.

Kramer should have been in a LONG time ago, no way he shouldn't be in, that is one the biggest mistakes the HOF committee has made.

of current players, I think Colins has a shot as he was one of the best Safeties in the league for several years, and has a Ring, Rodgers is a no brainer if he plays 5-6 more years and gets one more ring. Mathews is a possibility if he plays like he did in 2010 for 5 more years. No way that Jennings or Nelson get into the HOF though.

Kevin Greene not being in makes me question what it takes for a pass rushing linebacker to get in.

If Butler can't get in then should Collins?

Members online

Latest posts