Life long packer backer... watching this forum 3 years... joined today

VegasFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wanted to get feedback on a thought... in my opinion the most dominant defense 1.2.3. of the last decade are seattle/ny jets/ denver ... easiest to copy is seattle.

denver you need man coverage and premier pas rushers
ny was a 1 man lock down... revis.. a defensive qb jim leonarnd and a great front 7...

way to hard to duplicate

seattle was really just a fast FS, a SS who played great in the box like a linebacker 2 dominate CB's and a slew/rotation or good pass rushers all operating out of a hybrid 3-4 zone that kind of mimicked a 5-2... they got lucky with a tackle happy mid line backer at some point and the legion of boom was born....

if pettine mimicks this with the look a likes we just acquired.... legion of boom 2?

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome!

A worthy first post.

Interesting take. I think there are many ways to build a defense. It comes down to hitting a few studs and no weak links. If King stays healthy, Jackson plays all season like he did in preseason, our FAs plays as they have, Savage and Gary are everything we can hope for, our defense will be very stout.

That's a lot of "Ifs" and unlikely to occur. But it is at least within reach.

OP
OP
V

VegasFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's funny... I was thinking Jackson and King on the outside.... I figured someone would say jaire as one of the CB's but he's more of a jackknife Nicole guy and a matchup nightmare against the speedy slot guys. King could be a Sherman clone only bigger and faster... I also see injuries as the main problem but maybe if they don't have to man up and cross the feild so often the injuries decline.

Thanks for the greeting and I look forward to being in more posts/conversations.

OP
OP
V

VegasFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome! Look forward to more from you

I would like to change my profile name to jtm or something other than my full name... Poose777 is my usual handle but I know some don't like it... VegasFan... Bellinborn... Anything g other than my full name

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I would like to change my profile name to jtm or something other than my full name... Poose777 is my usual handle but I know some don't like it... VegasFan... Bellinborn... Anything g other than my full name
Done

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Good thing you got to it. I'd have changed it to ****** or some derogatory term as a warning to never let the officials decide the outcome. :sick:

Good god man... He's gonna think we're weird or something... :alien:

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I wanted to get feedback on a thought... in my opinion the most dominant defense 1.2.3. of the last decade are seattle/ny jets/ denver ... easiest to copy is seattle.

denver you need man coverage and premier pas rushers
ny was a 1 man lock down... revis.. a defensive qb jim leonarnd and a great front 7...

way to hard to duplicate

seattle was really just a fast FS, a SS who played great in the box like a linebacker 2 dominate CB's and a slew/rotation or good pass rushers all operating out of a hybrid 3-4 zone that kind of mimicked a 5-2... they got lucky with a tackle happy mid line backer at some point and the legion of boom was born....

if pettine mimicks this with the look a likes we just acquired.... legion of boom 2?

Welcome vegasfan.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts