Cheesehead
Reaction score
THE DON'S
Crystal Ball

2008 SEASON
WEEK 3 PICKS

By DonCanabis/D'BOYZ
Analyst/Godfather
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

That was one of the Best NFL weekends I've ever seen...so many great games where I almost lost my voice from all the screaming! I learned two valuable things the past weekend. It's good to take risks by going for some surprise games because sometimes your analysis will pay off. A great example was the Chicago over Indianapolis game in week 1. But never ever pick Detroit over a good team because you will end up just looking really stupid. The second, is we should all know by now is to never bet against the Pats and Bill Bellichick. He has shown over the years that it really does not matter who they lose to injury...they will still be a good competitive team on any given Sunday no matter who they line up against. I think the NFL has done a really great job with the week to week schedules. They have made sure we have great match-ups every week. What a season we have to look forward to! I think this is the 1st time, I can't remember ever seeing where almost every Home Team is favored to win. The only under dog team this week believe it or not is the Green Bay Packers.

Kansas City at Atlanta -5.5 Ovr/Und 36

Kansas City has gone through 3 Qb's in 3 weeks. Coach Edwards...who is really running the show there? Al Davis? Ryan will get his 2nd win against a very bad team.

Straight: Atl
Spread: Atl
Ovr/Und: Ovr

Carolina at Minnesota -3.5 Ovr/Und 37.5

Carolina barely won against a good Chicago defense in week 2. In week 3 they will face another great defense in the Minnesota Vikings. They will however finally get Steve Smith back. I would feel confident picking Minnesota to win since Travaris Jackson has been benched. The problem is that Adrian Peterson is not 100% healthy going into week 3. I do believe Minnesota will be much better off with Gus Ferrotte at QB...Just not this week. I think Minnesota goes 0-3. Not a very good start for what a lot of people were calling SB contenders.

Straight: Car
Spread: Car
Ovr/Und: Und

Miami at New England -12.5 Ovr/Und 36

I'm Sorry, but Billichick makes winning in the NFL look easy. It's one thing to say New England will win Sunday(And I think most of us will pick them to win) But it is a whole different thing to predict that they will win by 13 points even over the bad Miami Dolphins. They are 2-0 but they have only averaged 18 points a game. That would work against teams like the Lions, Chiefs or Rams. Miami is bad but playing better Defense under the Bill Parcell's era. Pick The Pats to win but take Miami for the Spread.

Straight: NE
Spread: Miami
Ovr/Und: Over

Cincinnati at New York Giants -13.5 Ovr/Und 41.5

The Line for this game is a lot higher than I would have guessed it to be. Cincinnati is really playing that bad. Putting Carson Palmer up against New York's defense makes me feel sorry for the guy. The NFC EAST continues to prove their dominance.

Straight: NYG
Spread: NYG

Arizona at Washington -3 Ovr/Und 43

Last week Zorn's team finally showed me what I was waiting to see out of them since week 1. It is too bad they showed up during a week I picked against them! Kurt Warner is back just like the good old days when he played for the Rams. This game should come down to pressure. If Washington's defense can get in Warner's face and frustrate him, I think you will end up seeing the old Warner come back real quick. If that is the case then the Card's will lose the game. Jason Taylor looked better last week and the whole defense stepped up, Especially in the 4th Quarter. Arizona is a one dimensional team and will face their toughest match-up yet!

Straight: Was
Spread: Was

Houston at Tennessee -5 Ovr/Und 39

Being forced to take an early Bye week due to Hurricane Ike may have helped the Texans prepare better for the Titans. I just don't think even with the extra time they had it will be enough.Now that the Titans have Collins as their QB I feel they are a much better and more balanced team. The Titans also have a really good Defense. I think it will be really interesting to see how well he plays with Mario Williams in his face all day. Take the Titans to win...they are too much for the Texans to handle.

Straight: Ten
Spread: Ten

Tampa Bay at Chicago -3 Ovr/Und 35

Tampa Bay looked good with Griese at QB. Chicago lost a close one last week. I don't think Hester will be a factor in this game. So if I am right, about Hester then they will lose about 50% of their total Offense.This should be a real close game and great match-up. Avoid the Over line in this one.

Straight: TB
Spread: TB
Ovr/Und: Under

Oakland at Buffalo -9.5 Ovr/Und 44

Buffalo has been one of my surprise teams so far this year. They have caught my eye and I really like them. They have a great defense and the players have great heart and character. They proved a lot when they came back to win against a tough Jacksonville team. That showed that this team has clear goals and where they are aiming to be this year. The only thing Oakland has going for them is their running game. Now that Fargas is out and Run DMC not being 100%...Russell is going to have a really long and tough night. Buffalo wins this one soundly.

Straight: Buf
Spread: Buf

New Orleans at Denver -5.5 Ovr/Und 51

The 'aints let me down really bad last week. Their defense is really bad! Cutler has been another bright spot to me so far this season. He is throwing great passes and this team as a whole looks really good. Their only downfall right now is their defense. They need some work and have to step it up! they did a bad job of controlling Sproles last week. They get to face Reggie Bush this week, who is playing much better so far this season.

Straight: Den
Spread: Den

St. Louis at Seattle -9.5 Ovr/Und 44

The battle of the 2 worst teams. I don't understand how Seattle gets a 9.5 spread with a 0-2 record after losing to a bad SF team? That just does not make any sense to me! I do understand that the Rams are a really bad football team right now but they have played and lost to 2 really good teams in week 1 & 2. I think this will be a much closer match-up than the spread indicates. Go with Seattle to win but pick the Rams for the spread.

Straight: Sea
Spread: Stl

Detroit at San Francisco -4 Ovr/Und 46.5

I said I won't let the Lions bite me in the butt 3 times in a row. I do like Detroit to take it this week...but until they step up and prove to me they can actually win a game, I will not let them bite me again. After the 49ers and Frank Gore put a world of hurt on the Seahawks last week, you have to go with the 49ers this week over a team that just can't seem to win to save their lives no matter how bad is the team they're playing.

Straight: SF
Spread:SF
Ovr/Und: OVR

Cleveland at Baltimore -2 Ovr/Und 38.5
Cleveland just looks really lost out on the Football Field. They have lost all their mojo. Baltimore has no offense. I do not buy that Flacco is their QB savior either. At least not yet...he is just too raw! The Ravens Defense is back big this year. They also have had the extra week to prepare for the Browns. The Ravens Defense is too much for Mr. Anderson and Jamaal Lewis. Take the Ravens in this match-up.

Straight: Bal
Spread: Bal

Jacksonville at Indianapolis -5 Ovr/Und 41.5
UPSET OF THE WEEK

Indianapolis seems to always have trouble against Jacksonville. They also are having a hard time with their Offensive line buying any protection for Manning. Add to that, the loss of Sanders on Defense to shut down the Jag's run and this spells disaster. Manning and the Colts lose the game this week.

Straight: Jax
Spread: Jax

Pittsburgh at Philadelphia -3.5 Ovr/Und 44

I would liked to have seen a lot more of how bad Ben's shoulder really is? Ike had a different idea on the matter! Two very aggressive hard hitting teams facing each other, you can't ask for more! They both come from playing tough games the week before. I believe Philly is more determined to bounce back from a very tough loss to the Cowboys on Monday Night Football. Take the Eagles this week.

Straight: Phi
Spread: Phi

Dallas at Green Bay 3 Ovr/Und 51

Call me bias homer but I don't care! Now, the Cowboys have 3 game tapes on Mr. Aaron Rodgers to study upon. Not to mention they did get a good feel for him, when they played for 1 half last year. That should be more than enough footage to help the Cowboys Defense force Aaron out of his comfort zone. This should be another great match-up for both teams. I think, it will be another back and forth type of game. Both teams have proven so far they have a knack of coming back in games. The key difference is that Dallas proved it against a sound tough Division Rival: the Philadelphia Eagles! The Green Bay Packers did it against the pitiful Detroit Lions and almost let the game get away from them. Go with the Cowboys to finally get their win in Cheese Head Stadium.

Straight: Dal
Spread: Dal

New York Jets at San Diego-9 Ovr/Und 44

Man! it must really suck being a Charger right now, losing two games you were supposed to win. After how hard they have fought and to lose the game last week because of a bad call...A really bad call just has to be mentally draining. I think the best thing for San Diego to do this week is to sit L.T., if he is not 100% Sproles is better IMO at 100% than L.T. going at 60%. I think Brett Favre is probably thinking that he would have been better off taking the $20 Million and just gone fishing!

Straight: SD
Spread: SD
Ovr/Und: OVR

Hot Picks
Record 6-6

Jacksonville
Buffalo
Miami
Tennessee
Baltimore
NY Giants

Members online