Lets vote for Brett!!!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
I'd like to take this time to once again state my opinion that the QB Rating is the most useless stat in the history of professional sports.

Thank you.

How many of those fine quarterbacks have a better completion rating? I'm sure a bunch do, but not all of them. QB ratings = poop

Funny how you believed in it with all your heart when you were bashing Kyle Orton last season.

AHHHHH Brett thread first....then along comes a bear fan.....imagine that!

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
tromadz said:
I'd like to take this time to once again state my opinion that the QB Rating is the most useless stat in the history of professional sports.

Thank you.

How many of those fine quarterbacks have a better completion rating? I'm sure a bunch do, but not all of them. QB ratings = poop

Funny how you believed in it with all your heart when you were bashing Kyle Orton last season.

AHHHHH Brett thread first....then along comes a bear fan.....imagine that!

And then along comes DePack to whine about it AGAIN
What a surprise.

PackerSacker54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McNabb, Rivers, Bulger, P. Manning, David Carr, D. Huard, Brees, E. Manning, C. Pennington, C. Palmer, M. Brunell, Alex Smith, M. Leinart, Delhomme, Brady, Hasselbeck, Grossman, Leftwhich, Warner, Losman, Kitna, B. Johnson, and Culpepper.

Yes, that's right all 24 of those Quaterbacks have a better QB rating then Favre.

Please explain to me what Favre has done THIS SEASON to even put his name and the Pro Bowl in the same sentence.

:rotflmao: So true.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Grossman - They have lead their teams to winning records.

Grossman looked great againist the Cards and besides he is hardly the one to lead them to wins, yes he has good games but it is there Defense that is winning them games just like last year.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Grossman looked great againist the Cards and besides he is hardly the one to lead them to wins, yes he has good games but it is there Defense that is winning them games just like last year.

He was terrible against the Cards.

Greg Jennings is God

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First off, only one third of the season is completed.

Way too early.

Hey, I like Brett Favre also but, at this point in time he is not having a Pro-Bowl season, IMO. Look at the QB stats and QB rankings.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
John Ryan and Longwell should be Number 1 in QB Rating, they both have completed 100% of their throws! :jumpsmile:

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DeusNova said:
Grossman - They have lead their teams to winning records.

Let's give give the MVP to Favre too. Hell, why not make him a special Super Bowl ring while you are at it.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:

He was terrible against the Cards.

Greg Jennings is God

Dude I was Joking about Grossman He Sucked Big Time.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I said a bunch of people would be ahead of him. Completion % tells more of a story than QB Rating, no matter how rosey or ugly a picture it paints.

Favres completion % is low. Things need to improve. WRs\TEs\Rbs need to stop dropping passes, Favre needs to be more accurate, we need to establish a run game, and the Oline needs to block better.

good job? you know what....(serenity now)...

But thats off topic, the subject is voting for brett. So...vote for Brett!

One of the problems with the QB rating it is that it is based TOO MUCH on completion percentage. That's why a QB like Brad Johnson, who does not have the arm to throw a lot of deep balls and who has usually played in a West Coast Offense, has such a high QB rating for his career.

Having said that, I will say that thus far this is not a Pro Bowl year for Brett Favre. But he hasn't been terrible either. If he has a few good games now, he could move into contention for a Pro Bowl spot.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
I said a bunch of people would be ahead of him. Completion % tells more of a story than QB Rating, no matter how rosey or ugly a picture it paints.

Favres completion % is low. Things need to improve. WRs\TEs\Rbs need to stop dropping passes, Favre needs to be more accurate, we need to establish a run game, and the Oline needs to block better.

good job? you know what....(serenity now)...

But thats off topic, the subject is voting for brett. So...vote for Brett!

One of the problems with the QB rating it is that it is based TOO MUCH on completion percentage. That's why a QB like Brad Johnson, who does not have the arm to throw a lot of deep balls and who has usually played in a West Coast Offense, has such a high QB rating for his career.

Having said that, I will say that thus far this is not a Pro Bowl year for Brett Favre. But he hasn't been terrible either. If he has a few good games now, he could move into contention for a Pro Bowl spot.

I'm neither agreeing or disagreeing with you. I'll readily admit this isn't one of Favre's best years, but I am starting to see things come together and I could see this year not only being salvaged, but turning out to be a pretty good year. We'll see after the Miami game.

That said, what will it take for Favre to get into the Pro Bowl this year? I say 30+ TD passes and there wouldn't be a question he should be in. Is that fair? Something more? (We've only played five games and I think with Jennings development, 30 TDs is very possible).

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know when they give a Grammy or an Oscar to someone when their best work is in the past and they feel that they owe him one as a "thanks old timer" award?
When you know that they did not deserve it and someone else got screwed because of sentimental reasons?

Just asking.

OP
OP
H

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NOONE would be getting screwed if they put Favre in the pro bowl...IMO Favre is still great and I see him getting at least 30 TD this year you never know..just because he has some players on the team that dont make the plays Favre shouldnt be penalized for that...yes Favre makes mistakes like every other QB out there hes no different...

Someone where in the media they said of all the players out there today and yesterday year, Jerry Rice is number #1, Favre is number #2, and Manning #3..so then why not put him in the pro bowl??? He deserves to be there IMO...

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
phil you're smart enough to know to keep certain things in the smack area.

That is not smack Trom.
If Favre deserves to go to the pro Bowl then good for him.
If some one else deserves it then why try to screw them out of this?

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know when they give a Grammy or an Oscar to someone when their best work is in the past and they feel that they owe him one as a "thanks old timer" award?
When you know that they did not deserve it and someone else got screwed because of sentimental reasons?

Just asking.

Phil - The season is still less than a third of a way done. My question was simply this - what would it take for Favre to make the Pro Bowl this year? Would 30 TDs be enough? I assume so, because at 30, he'll probably be 2nd in the NFC in TDs, which is really good.

What's really good about it is he's not surrounded by the talent he had in 2003. He has two rookies on the OL protecting him and a rookie starting WR (who's playing well beyond his years, but still he's a rookie). Plus, the starting RB has already missed a pair of games and might miss more. For what he's done this year, he's been impressive.

Now, how does that compare to other QBs in the NFC this year? Is he in the top three? We'll see at the end of the year. I really do believe that Favre still has the talent to pull it off. He's still accurate. he's still hard to tackle. And he plays his heart out every down.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:

Just asking.

Phil - The season is still less than a third of a way done. My question was simply this - what would it take for Favre to make the Pro Bowl this year? Would 30 TDs be enough? I assume so, because at 30, he'll probably be 2nd in the NFC in TDs, which is really good.

What's really good about it is he's not surrounded by the talent he had in 2003. He has two rookies on the OL protecting him and a rookie starting WR (who's playing well beyond his years, but still he's a rookie). Plus, the starting RB has already missed a pair of games and might miss more. For what he's done this year, he's been impressive.

Now, how does that compare to other QBs in the NFC this year? Is he in the top three? We'll see at the end of the year. I really do believe that Favre still has the talent to pull it off. He's still accurate. he's still hard to tackle. And he plays his heart out every down.

I agree with you that if he deserves to go then he should.
Do you feel that he should go because he is having a better season than all but 1 or 2 QBs in the NFC or is it all sentimental?
Yes there is a long way to go this season but if things hold up as they are set right now, what stat jumps out to make you feel that he should be considered in the top 3 QBs in the NFC?

Yards
McNabb 1849
Bulger 1619
Brees 1509
Kitna 1584
Grossman 1387
Delhomme 1343
Manning 1329
Smith 1285
Favre 1275
Brunell 1239
Hasselbeck 1122

TDs
McNabb 13
Manning 11
Grossman 10
Bulger 10
Hasselbeck 9
Brees 8
Smith 8
Favre 7
Delhomme 6
Kitna 6
Brunell 5

Rating
McNabb 104.8
Bulger 99.8
Brees 92.8
Brunell 86.9
Smith 86.4
Manning 92.3
Hasselbeck 86.3
Delhomme 83.0
Grossman 82.0
Kitna 80.0
Favre 76.7

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:
Philtration said:

Just asking.

Do you feel that he should go because he is having a better season than all but 1 or 2 QBs in the NFC or is it all sentimental?
Yes there is a long way to go this season but if things hold up as they are set right now, what stat jumps out to make you feel that he should be considered in the top 3 QBs in the NFC?

Yards
McNabb 1849
Bulger 1619
Brees 1509
Kitna 1584
Grossman 1387
Delhomme 1343
Manning 1329
Smith 1285
Favre 1275
Brunell 1239
Hasselbeck 1122

TDs
McNabb 13
Manning 11
Grossman 10
Bulger 10
Hasselbeck 9
Brees 8
Smith 8
Favre 7
Delhomme 6
Kitna 6
Brunell 5

Rating
McNabb 104.8
Bulger 99.8
Brees 92.8
Brunell 86.9
Smith 86.4
Manning 92.3
Hasselbeck 86.3
Delhomme 83.0
Grossman 82.0
Kitna 80.0
Favre 76.7

Print these stats in a few more weeks phil. I have a feeling you will see the yardage an TD's go up. mmmm Noticed you did not put up attempts and completions stats ( would like to see where he ranks with everyone after Sunday, but I guess you already know that will be in the Top % )

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
Zombieslayer said:
Philtration said:

Just asking.

Yards
McNabb 1849
Bulger 1619
Brees 1509
Kitna 1584
Grossman 1387
Delhomme 1343
Manning 1329
Smith 1285
Favre 1275
Brunell 1239
Hasselbeck 1122

TDs
McNabb 13
Manning 11
Grossman 10
Bulger 10
Hasselbeck 9
Brees 8
Smith 8
Favre 7
Delhomme 6
Kitna 6
Brunell 5

Rating
McNabb 104.8
Bulger 99.8
Brees 92.8
Brunell 86.9
Smith 86.4
Manning 92.3
Hasselbeck 86.3
Delhomme 83.0
Grossman 82.0
Kitna 80.0
Favre 76.7

Print these stats in a few more weeks phil. I have a feeling you will see the yardage an TD's go up. mmmm Noticed you did not put up attempts and completions stats ( would like to see where he ranks with everyone after Sunday, but I guess you already know that will be in the Top % )

Ok, what do you get when you combine attempts and completions?
You get percentage of passes completed right?

Completion %
Brees 66.7
Manning 65.3
Bulger 64.6
Kitna 63.6
Brunell 62.1
Hasselbeck 60.4
Delhomme 60.4
Smith 59.6
McNabb 58.7
Favre 56.7
Grossman 56.6

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Completion %
'Brees 66.7
Manning 65.3
Bulger 64.6
Kitna 63.6
Brunell 62.1
Hasselbeck 60.4
Delhomme 60.4
Smith 59.6
McNabb 58.7
Favre 56.7
Grossman 56.6"

Nice phil, I knew you would be right back with that but I should have specified ( my mistake ) totals but "after" Sunday as we just had a bye !!

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Completion %
'Brees 66.7
Manning 65.3
Bulger 64.6
Kitna 63.6
Brunell 62.1
Hasselbeck 60.4
Delhomme 60.4
Smith 59.6
McNabb 58.7
Favre 56.7
Grossman 56.6"

Nice phil, I knew you would be right back with that but I should have specified ( my mistake ) totals but "after" Sunday as we just had a bye !!

I am not bashing Favre at all. I just don't see his numbers making him a pro bowler this year. Not yet any way.
If he is haveing a very good year and it is clear that he is going to call it quits then I am sure that he will be selected.
Nothing wrong with that but not if he is like the 7th best QB in the conferance.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think you've made yourself perfectly clear - ad infinitum, phil. we know you don't think favre deserves to go to the pro bowl. really, we get it. we just don't care what you think. find yourself a bears site & maybe somebody might actually CARE about what you say.

Latest posts