Let's talk Playoffs - Weekend - 1/15 & 1/16

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Out of this weekend's games - who thinks whom will win?

• Jets at Steelers (4:30pm)
    Rams at Falcons (8:00pm)

Vikings at Eagles (1:00pm)
    Colts at Patriots (4:30pm)

I'm taking the ----

• Steelers
    Rams
    Vikings
    Colts

But, hey - what do I know?
What about you, Vikes?

eastcoastpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This weekend I think that the winnners are Steelers 24-10
Rams 27-24
Eagles 24-10
Colts 27-21
Thought I would try to pick the score,makes it a little tougher but what the heck!

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well - so far - I'm battin' 50% for Saturday....

And ya know? I found myself rootin' fer the Falcons anyway....
Don't know why :?: - maybe so that Donatell could demonstrate to Sherman just where he screwed up the worst this last year. :roll: I'm glad Ed is having such a great season - he's damn sure earned it thru the years. I'm bettin' one day - he ends up as a HC. :D

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Forgot to mention ---

For the Steeler game yesterday - we went down to this little bar in Fishers, IN (down the street a bit) and this little bar (hangout) was "packed" wall-to-wall with Steeler town fans... it was absolutely amazing... (you're thinking,...whaaaaat?)

Here's the deal - back in the Nineties - Our Club here in Indy used to hangout downtown in a place called Little Ditties. After that we moved over to Players in the downtown Union Train Station building - right across the aisle from *******. Well, back then, if the Colts were losing at Halftime, then ******* would clear out totally and all these great lookin' babes with tight t-shirts would be standin' 'round with "nothin'" to do..lookin' mournful, and all..

but - our group would stay there for the ENTIRE game, and we'd never leave til the fat lady sang. We'd hoot and hollar for them ******'s girls to clock out and all, but they were scared I guess.. who knows... the IPB club membership, back then, was about what it is today (400).. Players owners then retired their business to Florida and we had to find new digs pretty quick - and ended up in the southern side of Indy in a burb called Beech Grove - at a Ramada Inn which had a Damon's downstairs which called itself the Clubhouse - five big screens along one wall like a Horse-betting place and tons of seating across a big floor like a Vegas show place where you'd would have been able to see Elvis... like that....

Man - you could draw a line down the middle and the left half would be Steeler fans and the other half would be Packer fans.. I thik it was '95 (?) that the Steelers played the Pack in the last game of the season and Thigpen dropped that final pass and gave the Packers the Victory - what a rauckus party that was that day.... If I ever had a second team to root for - because of the ferocity of the loyalty by the fans to their team.. it'd be the Steelers. Flat out... I grew up watching Bradshaw throw amazing TD's anyway....

So - yesterday we headed to their Bar and what a great party - it was like time had stopped and we were right back where it started all over again... Man, I found myself cheerin' the same chant they always do..... and when the Jets missed that 2nd field goal? The plaster on the roof started comin' down... bedlam everywhere.... what a hoot!

I reminded them that their mission 'next year' was to be on time at LAMBEAU. That way they'd get the full measure of a good can o' whoopa$$ throw at them by the Packers.... when they show up proper.

We're already making plans to be at Lambeau for that game... Can never start too soon for Lambeau and the Pack. Who wants to meet up there for THAT game...over at Fuzzy's!?????

Partyin' with the Steeler gang yesterday rejuvenated my butt - it was great therapy after a season ending like what we had.... I'm juice full for gettin things working for next year now with our Club... You guys out there that have at least 35 & up in fans who hang together could do the same as the IPB group ya know.... Hell, do it even if you only have five guys --- all they need is their own computers.. and you'd end up finding all sorts of fans you never knew even existed - we did --- MSN Groups has free ability to create simple web sites for your groups or clubs to link up and join the rest of the "Cheese Underground".

Did ya see the look on Herman's face after that missed FG? :mrgreen:

eastcoastpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's who I'm rootin' for,I thought that they might lose it for a while. :pray: But they came back.I liked the way they played the two rb's giving each so many runs and then bringing inthe other.They killed the jets defense,just keep runnin' at them.
Next week game will be good ,just hope they pull it off again. :beersign:

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So far - it looks like the Minnesota Vikings were only concerned with beating the Packers... Shame really - when it comes to steppin' up - all of a sudden...?.... people are askin'....

Where's Culpepper?

Alright Vikes, can you call him during a timeout?
What's with throwin' the ball "at the ground?" - Eh?
The rest of the Team "was" tryin'... now they're down 14 points...

What gives...?

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
C'mon Sandy _ I got red hair -- but don't look too quick behind ya.... :mrgreen:
(Strawberry blond, really but who cares, I get by with the Ladies... Ha!)

If the Steeltown crew can pull it off - it'll be the stuff of legend - that's fer sure!

tarkenton10

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish I could say congrats to the eagles but the fans that were on our board were the biggest SOBs I have ever read on a thread. They were rude and obnoxious and very few even talked about the game. Other than to insult our team, fans, and the state of Minnesota. At least here you guys have an idea about football and how it is played.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tarkenton glad to have you here. Hate the vikes (as you guys do the Pack) but glad to talk football with you, and not just crap!

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think this game is almost up in the air after the patriots dismantled the colts, and then the steelers got lucky with the jets.

ill be rooting for the steelers of course.

on a sidenote, i hate the patriots.

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Several of the pundits on Sports Talk Shows are saying:

1> conflicting statements about Big Ben being an asset of liability (You choose!)

2> in 14 starts with Big Ben behind center - using a mixture of the running game and passing game in equal measure the Steelers are 14-0.. before that with Maddox.. they are 0-1 -- Is that a fair discertation? Probably not - but Maddox was at the helm all last year and look where they ended up.

3> While Big Ben threw two INT's during the Jets game, one for a TD (the other way) - ithey are, I think, the only INT's he's had all year... but I'd have to verify that with real stats, not rhetoric on TV.

4> The Steelers ARE the onlly Team to ruin Belichick's winning streak.... After that, it was the Dolphins and basically the Team quit trying that hard since the streak was over... Belichick didn't say anything as (well) they were winning pretty consistently... at that point, why cry over a small smidgeon of spilt milk. Right? It'd be childish whinning! Belichick's a PROFESSIONAL and certainly knows how to break down film - You can bet he'll still be reviewing the Jets game.

Bottom line - I think the Home Team(s) have to prove why they are the tops in their Divisions - the heavy hand is not on the Patriots - BUT - just the same, the Steelers have Bettis who has been only running the 1yd TD's in while Staley (former Eagles RB, btw) has been doing the lion's share of the work... and now that's he's not exactly healthy - for a long time in many seasons, THE BUS "IS" HEALTHY... and THAT, my friends, speaks volumes.....

AND GET THIS - Everyone all across the Country is rooting for the Steelers... Everyone!

Must be they're tired of the Ted Turner scenarios playing out for hhe Pats this decade - they'd all like to see a change.

NOTE - The Eagles D cannot stop the Steelers running Game - Won't happen - Trotter or no Trotter.
While the Donatell D is waaay better this year than what the Falcons had last year - it (I think) still wouldn't make a diff... I really like Donatell and wish him all the best - but it won't happen this year....

(Ya think Sherman is grinding molars about him (Donatell) going to the NFC Champ game and not Sherman & the Packers...?)

Members online

Latest posts