Let The Finger Pointing Begin

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seeing Ha Ha jumping around like that was priceless. I could watch it over and over. I can only imagine what was going through his mind when he thought the refs were going to miss another easy call (the 12 men on the field being the other)

I was at my nephews game yesterday and after one play our linebacker was pretty obviously held and he said something to the ref then he turned around and saw 3 flags on the field. I think his exact words were "Excuse me mr. referee sir. I am sure you missed it as your keen attention was diverted elsewhere but that young man on the opposing team was grabbing my arm. I would sincerely appreciate it if you could watch for it in the future because this was not the first occurrence." After they walked off the yards the ref stopped play and addressed both teams and said "next time you are held try taking a second to look around and see if there are any flags on the field before you say anything to the refs"

P.S. I was only guessing at the first quote but the second one was pretty much verbatim.

jrock645

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The other teams didn't catch on, the refs finally started blowing the whistle as soon as the O-lineman moved stopping the play. I remember thinking an a couple of them how can a D-lineman be unabated to the QB when he is moving backwards away from him.

Then in addition to not watching many games you must not watch many post game interviews. Players and coaches are constantly saying "we beat ourselves."

1287 yards and 12 TDs and 1519 yards and 13 TDs in the same season, (since 2011 by the way) Yup, sounds over rated to me

Most of my comments were already pointed out by others but I hit the reply after each one so they are repeats but I think they bear repeating. The things you attribute to ONLY the Green Bay Packers happen league wide and indeed around the entire world of sports.

Yeah, i must be mistaken. Come to think of it, maybe Ive never seen another football team play before. Im on nfl and espn.com almost daily but i must be delusional to think ive read articles about other teams, and to think ive never seen someone make similar commwnts after a blowout loss. A 2 point loss is also pretty much the same. Not sure what im thinking.

From now on, ill ask you guys here to tell me what to think, and even better yet tell me what ive seen and what i hvent. I clearly hve no clue as to what i read and dont. I think the best thing is to have a perfect stranger blindly twll me what ive read and seen on tv the past few years. I think that will work a lot better.

Man, you guys are soooo SMART. You must work for NASA, right? Impressive you hve time to take me inder your wing like this when youre so busy designing rockets and planning a mission to mars!

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Speaking of finger pointing, it appears that we have a few early candidates vying to replace Bush, Kuhn, Brad Jones, Hawk & Masthay as the bogieman this year.

Offense - Lane Taylor, Davante Adams, MM
Defense - Rookie D- Linemen, Peppers, Capers
Specials - Shrum

It's good to have options :)
Edit: add David Bakhtiari and Ted Thompson. :)

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Yeah, i must be mistaken. Come to think of it, maybe Ive never seen another football team play before. Im on nfl and espn.com almost daily but i must be delusional to think ive read articles about other teams, and to think ive never seen someone make similar commwnts after a blowout loss. A 2 point loss is also pretty much the same. Not sure what im thinking.

From now on, ill ask you guys here to tell me what to think, and even better yet tell me what ive seen and what i hvent. I clearly hve no clue as to what i read and dont. I think the best thing is to have a perfect stranger blindly twll me what ive read and seen on tv the past few years. I think that will work a lot better.

Man, you guys are soooo SMART. You must work for NASA, right? Impressive you hve time to take me inder your wing like this when youre so busy designing rockets and planning a mission to mars!

Glad Rock finally owned up to his short comings, my day has been made.

DarkHelmet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have no problem with what Clinton-Dix did. The clock expired on an earlier play and the refs missed it. He was right to insist that they pay attention.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I'm kind of thinking it's poor execution that's the predominant problem. There's plenty of accountability to go around.

Same story we heard most of last season about the offensive woes. Starting to sound like a broken record, if the talent is there and its just a matter of executing better, why did much of the starting offense basically get the preseason off, were the coaches just confident that this execution would be there right out of the gate? What happened after the Chiefs game last year? When do they decide to start executing? Are the players and coaches just convinced that eventually the light will come on and the whole offense will start executing? I was camping Sunday night so I got stuck watching the game in a loud dive bar so I couldn't hear or watch as closely as I normally do, but sat down and watched the game over again tonight. The Packers left a lot of yards on the field due to poor execution. I didn't add up the number of bad throws or poor decisions AR made, but there were quite a few. Not picking up the first down on the 4th down attempt hurt us, but the play before on 3rd down was even worse. AR had Cook open but chose a very tough pass to complete to Jordy in the endzone to a spot Jordy wasn't close to getting to, wasted play. Even the game clinching interception, if AR gets that out on Adams left shoulder, Adams may have caught it and kept running for a TD.

So yes, AR and the offense aren't executing right now and most of last season, but when and what will change that?

Sky King

Reaction score
Same story we heard most of last season about the offensive woes. Starting to sound like a broken record, if the talent is there and its just a matter of executing better, why did much of the starting offense basically get the preseason off, were the coaches just confident that this execution would be there right out of the gate? What happened after the Chiefs game last year? When do they decide to start executing? Are the players and coaches just convinced that eventually the light will come on and the whole offense will start executing? I was camping Sunday night so I got stuck watching the game in a loud dive bar so I couldn't hear or watch as closely as I normally do, but sat down and watched the game over again tonight. The Packers left a lot of yards on the field due to poor execution. I didn't add up the number of bad throws or poor decisions AR made, but there were quite a few. Not picking up the first down on the 4th down attempt hurt us, but the play before on 3rd down was even worse. AR had Cook open but chose a very tough pass to complete to Jordy in the endzone to a spot Jordy wasn't close to getting to, wasted play. Even the game clinching interception, if AR gets that out on Adams left shoulder, Adams may have caught it and kept running for a TD.

So yes, AR and the offense aren't executing right now and most of last season, but when and what will change that?
I wish I knew.

Dirty Sanchez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That sorta stuff is indicative of a culture of arrogance built by MM. The receivers are ballerinas and expect that should be good enough, and it's not their fault there wasn't separation. I still remember being disgusted after the Giants playoff game when Clay and whoever else said in the interviews after that they "beat themselves" and things like that.
Jrock645, I feel that when a player says something like "we beat ourselves", they are saying that they didn't play their best game, and they feel that if they did (do their job) they would have won.

DS

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That never happens! Those darn Packers only beat Jacksonville by 4 points! Freakin' losers! Aaron didn't throw for 400 yards! Freakin' loser! Hey............I'm getting the hang of this!!

Let's talk after the last Packer game of the year. After five years of finding an ugly way to lose in the playoffs, I am much more attuned to the quality of the win.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have no doubt that this is pervasive throughout the league. However, the behavior and effort taken to win the game on technicalities versus x's & o's gets to me. There are higher roads to victory. I was very entertained by yesterday's game overall but would have really liked not to see the little kid antics.
This makes me wonder how Vince would be reacting to how football is being played today and how he would be coaching the team in regards to getting penalties to move the ball that way instead.

Part of me thinks he would be finding other ways to win and another part of me thinks he would go along with it and do it.

What do you think?

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Half Empty. Your handle is spot on. Bummer way to go through life.

Personal choice, works for me. The stuff I have any control over, I manage. What I think about the Packers obviously has absolutely no effect on anything, so sticking with the double mantra of (a) expect the worst and hope for the best along with (b) fool me once, shame on me, fool me five time in a row, shame on you gets me through in good order.

I was an active poster on another Packer forum, a really big one, years ago. Stopped posting in 2010 when the board owner asked me to stop raining on their parade. Obviously, he was right, I was wrong, but we both were thrilled at the end. In 2011, although I was by then a lurker, everyone was riding high until, first, the minor bump at KC to break the streak and then the playoffs, after which the same owner nearly slit his wrists online, while I just shook my head and walked away, because I knew they were going to blow it.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personal choice, works for me. The stuff I have any control over, I manage. What I think about the Packers obviously has absolutely no effect on anything, so sticking with the double mantra of (a) expect the worst and hope for the best along with (b) fool me once, shame on me, fool me five time in a row, shame on you gets me through in good order.

I was an active poster on another Packer forum, a really big one, years ago. Stopped posting in 2010 when the board owner asked me to stop raining on their parade. Obviously, he was right, I was wrong, but we both were thrilled at the end. In 2011, although I was by then a lurker, everyone was riding high until, first, the minor bump at KC to break the streak and then the playoffs, after which the same owner nearly slit his wrists online, while I just shook my head and walked away, because I knew they were going to blow it.
Which forum? Just curious hahah.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts