Let The Finger Pointing Begin

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
:laugh: What do you disagree with jrock? You shouted that "I CAN'T EVER ONCE RECALL ANOTHER PLAYER ON ANOTHER TEAM SAYING SOMETHING TO THAT EFFECT." So when it is pointed out to you that you are wrong, you want to start waffling and saying there are conditions behind your statement?

What did Big Ben say after the Steelers lost by 20 points to the the Ravens? :coffee:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000393301/article/big-ben-says-mistakes-cost-them-vs-ravens

It's ok, I am done, I really don't want you to have to say that you beat yourself with this one.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It's been going on for years. How many times have you seen teams line up on 4th down in an attempt to get the other team to jump off sides and end up just calling a timeout and punting. If the defense is stupid enough to take the penalty, mission accomplished.
Yes, and I blame the Punters around the league faking like their leg is injured. They started this!;)

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have not CONSISTENTLY seen players from other teams, when clearly beaten, say things like "we beat ourselves," as opposed to "we came up a play short" or "they made the plays we needed to make." I HAVE seen players on other teams make the latter two comments. I have CONSISTENTLY and REPEATEDLY seen this arrogant attitude from Packers players since 2011. I read a lot of post game articles and I don't know that I can recall any other instances of players on other teams giving such head up their *** responses. It goes beyond a simple lack of class and sportsmanship, it's delusional thinking at it's worst.

Here's a classic one. Seems arrogant managers is a rule rather than norm here at GB :D

Vince Lombardi said:
"We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time."

As to I take comments like "we beat ourselves" or "we came up with a play short" as a clear reference to the game being winnable. To an extent it is an acknowledgement of our own shortcomings and way to keep up the confidence levels after a loss. Really don't get your criticism on that!

jrock645

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's a classic one. Seems arrogant managers is a rule rather than norm here at GB :D

As to I take comments like "we beat ourselves" or "we came up with a play short" as a clear reference to the game being winnable. To an extent it is an acknowledgement of our own shortcomings and way to keep up the confidence levels after a loss. Really don't get your criticism on that!

Do you find such a reference to be reasonable after a game you lost by 17 points?

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My finger pointing is the receivers still not getting open not creating separation. I know jordy is not 100 percent but you can tell him and Rodgers chemistry completed a lot of those passes. Are our receivers just mediocre. Devon house was looking like a top tier db agai st us and last year he was getting toasted. Idk maybe it's just my high expectations. #GoPackGo

jrock645

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My finger pointing is the receivers still not getting open not creating separation. I know jordy is not 100 percent but you can tell him and Rodgers chemistry completed a lot of those passes. Are our receivers just mediocre. Devon house was looking like a top tier db agai st us and last year he was getting toasted. Idk maybe it's just my high expectations. #GoPackGo

Our receivers have been proven to be overrated since the end of 2011. As soon as teams started mauling them at the line and being physical with them, that ballerina crap stopped working. MM and his staff still haven't figured out how to deal with it, which tells me our WR's just aren't really all that good.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you find such a reference to be reasonable after a game you lost by 17 points?

Dude, it's a pick me up statement. Just a confidence booster. Why are you reading so much into it?

Would you be more happy if they say "Sh*t happens!" in the post game interview?

jrock645

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dude, it's a pick me up statement. Just a confidence booster. Why are you reading so much into it?

Would you be more happy if they say "Sh*t happens!" in the post game interview?

I've never much liked Kobe Bryant, but I recall after a playoff game against Houston a few years ago, he told the reporters "They kicked our ***es, man." I'd like to see these overgrown men act like an actual man, own it, and just say they got beat instead of making up some BS feel good answer.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
the irony is so thick right now....like a softball in slow motion coming slowly down over the plate....I just can't comment. :coffee:

Reaction score
I think you and our expectations are warranted after our receivers were the best 1-2 punch in the league recently.
I am still concerned about Davante. He had a big play miss that hit him in the hands and then catches an even more difficult ball beautifully for a TD. He needs a complete game here soon before the jury returns from deliberation this year.

Last edited:

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A new OC should have been brought in after last season. Nobody can get open. Rodgers having so few yards with such good protection is unacceptable.

jrock645

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A new OC should have been brought in after last season. Nobody can get open. Rodgers having so few yards with such good protection is unacceptable.

Makes you wonder what Clements even does anymore. I expected him to be out and a real wr's coach brought in, not some 24 year old QC.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't recall reading post game interviews by players on other teams that consistently say things like I referenced after handily being outplayed.

Yes, really. Just Packers players.

I have not CONSISTENTLY seen players from other teams, when clearly beaten, say things like "we beat ourselves," as opposed to "we came up a play short" or "they made the plays we needed to make." I HAVE seen players on other teams make the latter two comments. I have CONSISTENTLY and REPEATEDLY seen this arrogant attitude from Packers players since 2011. I read a lot of post game articles and I don't know that I can recall any other instances of players on other teams giving such head up their *** responses. It goes beyond a simple lack of class and sportsmanship, it's delusional thinking at it's worst.

EDIT: I remember after the Giants playoff loss, one of NY's players read or saw that clay or one of those guys gave the "we beat ourselves" comment. He was appalled. He said "Really? You got beat by 17 points, and that's your excuse?" He was absolutely right and it was embarrassing to see a Packers player say something that stupid publicly. I CAN'T EVER ONCE RECALL ANOTHER PLAYER ON ANOTHER TEAM SAYING SOMETHING TO THAT EFFECT.

And the WR bit I'm referring to is a lot more than simply begging for calls. The WR's inability to get separation has gone on for quite a while. Multiple articles have been written about it. There's been tension between AR and the WR's about it on and off for years. But despite nearly every analyst and every fan being able to watch the game and see that WR's can't get open, the WR's have shown a CONSISTENT defiance of this fact in interviews. They refuse to own their poor performance, or own the fact that they don't play as well as their billing.

These two post simply inform me that you don't read post game articles or listen to post game interviews from other teams. Everything your complaining about Packers players doing is done by literally every team in the league. And yes it's done consistently.

Really I'm not a big fan of it but if I felt like scrolling through I'd be posting my "old man yells at clouds" meme cause this is just starting to come off as not liking what's happening and instead of acknowledging that everybody does it you've decided in your own head that it's only the Packers

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've never much liked Kobe Bryant, but I recall after a playoff game against Houston a few years ago, he told the reporters "They kicked our ***es, man." I'd like to see these overgrown men act like an actual man, own it, and just say they got beat instead of making up some BS feel good answer.

Well the Lakers are my 2nd favorite NBA team, after the Bucks, so I feel I'm as qualified to talk about Kobe as anyone here.

Did you really just use Kobe Bryant as an example of how to handle a loss? Holy crap. I honestly never thought I'd see the day. Way to cherry pick that quote btw. It'd almost be like if I pointed out he refused to shoot an entire game in the freaking playoffs to make a point and then didn't even really acknowledge it in post game. But yep he was always a stand up guy after a loss.

Btw. Your the "kicked our ***" line was every bit as bad as RG3 allways saying "WE need to do a better job" in Washington. It's deflecting.

But it's really strange that you have a problem with players saying they left plays on the field or they missed their chances. Every team does that but you're insisting it's just the Packers

Last edited:

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you and our expectations are warranted after our receivers were the best 1-2 punch in the league recently.
I am still concerned about Davante. He had a big play miss that hit him in the hands and then catches an even more difficult ball beautifully for a TD. He needs a complete game here soon before the jury returns from deliberation this year.
Well in all fairness the one he dropped would've been a helluv a catch also. He's gotta start making those yes but I still find it hard to call him him out for that one.

If anything call out Cobb for bobbeling an easy one where if he catches it clean he had nothing but daylight in front of him to the endzone and we have 4 more points at the end of the game because we ended up settling for a FG after that

D

Deleted member 6794

The first bad taste rolled into my mouth when McCarthy challenged whether or not Jacksonville had 12 men on the field. Yeah it got us five yards, but it was 1st and 10. We weren't talking about a critical 3rd and 3 situation.

The refs missing the Jaguars had 12 men on the field in that situation was inexcusable. I don't understand calling out McCarthy challenging the call as it resulted in a 1st and 5 instead of 2nd and 10.

Davon House developed into a decent cornerback over the last few years. I agree the Packers receivers have to improve over the course of the season though.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I kinda got a bad feeling about Rodgers and the hard count against Seattle last year. As a team, they've become far too reliant on it. Frankly, we would not have won the Seattle game last year without it. Once teams caught onto it after a few games, that trick wasn't in our bag anymore to offset the incompetence on offense.

These WR's had better figure out how to get some separation or it will be another long year on offense.

The other teams didn't catch on, the refs finally started blowing the whistle as soon as the O-lineman moved stopping the play. I remember thinking an a couple of them how can a D-lineman be unabated to the QB when he is moving backwards away from him.

I can't recall reading post game interviews by players on other teams that consistently say things like I referenced after handily being outplayed.

Then in addition to not watching many games you must not watch many post game interviews. Players and coaches are constantly saying "we beat ourselves."

Our receivers have been proven to be overrated since the end of 2011. As soon as teams started mauling them at the line and being physical with them, that ballerina crap stopped working. MM and his staff still haven't figured out how to deal with it, which tells me our WR's just aren't really all that good.

1287 yards and 12 TDs and 1519 yards and 13 TDs in the same season, (since 2011 by the way) Yup, sounds over rated to me

Most of my comments were already pointed out by others but I hit the reply after each one so they are repeats but I think they bear repeating. The things you attribute to ONLY the Green Bay Packers happen league wide and indeed around the entire world of sports.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The other teams didn't catch on, the refs finally started blowing the whistle as soon as the O-lineman moved stopping the play. I remember thinking an a couple of them how can a D-lineman be unabated to the QB when he is moving backwards away from him.

Then in addition to not watching many games you must not watch many post game interviews. Players and coaches are constantly saying "we beat ourselves."

1287 yards and 12 TDs and 1519 yards and 13 TDs in the same season, (since 2011 by the way) Yup, sounds over rated to me

Most of my comments were already pointed out by others but I hit the reply after each one so they are repeats but I think they bear repeating. The things you attribute to ONLY the Green Bay Packers happen league wide and indeed around the entire world of sports.
I don't think the receivers are always the problem, though I wouldn't have paid Cobb $10M. The play designs are archaic, however. A good OC could go to town against a defense playing man coverage with a bunch of average receivers.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just googled "BFL we beat ourselves" and the first two hits are from Tyrann Mathieu and Big Ben using the same worlds. Winston, Broncos team...it's not exactly an uncommon quote.

Members online

Latest posts