LeRoy Butler analyzes Packers' season, loss to Giants

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Q. What did the loss to the Giants say about the Packers and did it change your opinion about what kind of team they are.

A. The Packers are still a deep team at a lot of positions. They're a real resilient group. They could have folded under pressure but they keep fighting. They never gave up. That's good to know that these young guys know how to keep playing when their backs were to the wall. That's one thing I definitely took away from this game. When the Giants went ahead and scored twice, they didn't get rattled. Even with the Seattle game, falling behind 14-0, they did not get rattled. You can take that as a great positive to build off in the future. They will not quit. I think what they need is to get bigger on the offensive line, more athletic, they have to get stronger on the perimeter, defensive runs, and they could use another defensive back. Of course, you could always use a utility guy, kind of a third-down guy, who can be elusive and a change of pace, somebody like Kevin Faulk, a guy who can do everything. That's the one area, I think they're lacking. He can play all special teams and receiver, running back, a guy like that would fit in real well. Someone with a lot of speed.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Q. What did the loss to the Giants say about the Packers and did it change your opinion about what kind of team they are.

A. The Packers are still a deep team at a lot of positions. They're a real resilient group. They could have folded under pressure but they keep fighting. They never gave up. That's good to know that these young guys know how to keep playing when their backs were to the wall. That's one thing I definitely took away from this game. When the Giants went ahead and scored twice, they didn't get rattled. Even with the Seattle game, falling behind 14-0, they did not get rattled. You can take that as a great positive to build off in the future. They will not quit. I think what they need is to get bigger on the offensive line, more athletic, they have to get stronger on the perimeter, defensive runs, and they could use another defensive back. Of course, you could always use a utility guy, kind of a third-down guy, who can be elusive and a change of pace, somebody like Kevin Faulk, a guy who can do everything. That's the one area, I think they're lacking. He can play all special teams and receiver, running back, a guy like that would fit in real well. Someone with a lot of speed.

Interesting he brings up our need for a Kevin Faulk kind of guy. Yeah, we could use someone like that. I love watching Faulk play (even though I'll be rooting against the Pats). When everyone else is covered, Brady just dumps it off to Faulk who's really good at YAC.

We could use someone to fill that role here. Maybe Brandon Jackson will fill that role in the near future? I could see Grant as being our primary RB and Jackson as being our receiving RB.

roy_munson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why the hell isn't LeRoy on the Packers coaching staff????

He would be a definite upgrade over Schottenheimer ...

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
roy_munson said:

Heck, you or I would be an upgrade over Schottenheimer.

That's actually a good question. LeRoy is both smart and charismatic. I'm sure he'd be well-liked for one, and for another, he has twice Schott's IQ. I don't get it.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
roy_munson said:

Doesn't want to be. The life of an assistant in the NFL involves a lot of hard work for not that much money for a guy like LeRoy (he can make a bunch more signing autographs, doing appearences etc.).

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
...or Tony Fisher...

He would have been a good 3rd down guy this year!

Whatever happened to him anyway?

Members online

Latest posts