1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Lendale White

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by tano1998, Jan 7, 2006.

1. tano1998

tano1998 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I know and I agree that we need defense, but this guy is a monster RB, the only thing that keeps him for a top 5 draft choice is that he plays with reggie bush....dont forget that mr gado (a very nice #2 RB) shines because nobody cares about our run offense.....
    and if its defense, I like AJ Hawk, but we have our #1st rounder MLB two years ago....

2. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Joseph Addai in the 2nd round if we are drafting a RB. The current available to us isn't worth a 1st round pick. Quad Hill is also interesting, he's playing FB at Miami, but he is really a RB, he's projected in the 7th round, could be a sleeper at RB.

3. wpr

wpr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry Bush or no Bush on the same team I think White is a fine player but he is no #5. 15-20 yes but not #5.

4. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    I think most would agree that Barnett is still a little light to be a MLB. He would make huge strides if he was allowed to play the strongside position. From there, he could use his instincts and speed without getting caught up in all the traffic. If AJ Hawk is a "Zach Thomas clone only better" like I've been hearing, he would solidify the middle and the LB corps would be much improved. I will really like the LB corps if Poppinga can fully recover from his knee injury. Did anyone else think that Poppinga looked like he was going to take his game to another level before he got hurt?

5. HatestheEagles084

HatestheEagles084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    yeah its a shame what happened to Poppinga, he WAS a steal by TED THOMPSON until the unfortunate injury

AJ Hawk is a natural outside 'backer, never played inside in his career--I think the best bet for us is to draft d-line in the first round and go with a solid inside linebacker round 2

6. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    You could be right...what about Montgomery? He seemed to play awesome in his limited capacity. I thought he was all over the field. In fact, the way things were going, I was kind of expecting to see him take over snaps from KGB who flat out disappeared this season. If the Packers pick up Mario Williams, where does that leave Montgomery? Is he nothing more than depth for the Packers at this point?

7. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Agreed that Poppinga was starting to look really good before his injury. I hope he can recover by the beginning of next season so he can start. In the meantime, Paris Lenon could hold down one of the LB positions. I thought he did a very good job filling in this season.

I would love to see Hawk in a Packer uniform. We have not had a linebacker like that in a long, long time. I wonder if Diggs will even be back. He keeps getting injured.

8. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    The key to a good defense is to be solid up the middle. I hope they can bring back Grady under a decent but not lucrative deal. Jackson, Barnett, and Collins up the middle really is something to build on and we saw that this year under Bates. Adding some guys like AJ Hawk turn this defense from a good one to something special.

9. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I s White even coming out? I believe he is only a junior and he might want to play outside Bush's shadow to show how good he really is.

10. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    if lendal drops to second round, we will pick him, or else I will kill TT

11. sixone220

sixone220 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    no chance

12. HatestheEagles084

Ratings:
    +1
    won't be a problem then

Either lendale goes and gets selected 20-30...or goes back to So Cal to be their feature back for a year and be a top ten next year

13. wpr

wpr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I am not familar with the college football rules. In basketball they can only go back if they don't have an agent and back out prior to draft day. Would football be the same? If he is drafted in the 2nd round I would think it is too late to reenter school.

14. Popcynical

Popcynical Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    wpr, I think he means he can either go to the draft and get drafted late in the first round, or he can stay at SC and wait until next year to go to the draft. I think he'll wait another year.

15. HatestheEagles084

Ratings:
    +1
    yeah what i meant is he can improve his stock by staying another year...but i think he improved his stock a lot by showing his effectiveness in the rose bowl...i say lendale will declare for the draft and end up sneaking ahead of maroney and be the second RB taken--going to either arizona (if no vince young), cleveland or philly

basic synopsis...if we draft him, its in round one

16. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It is a tough decision for White. He can come out and be selected as early as the 15th pick, or late first round. Or he could go back and do well, come out and be a top 10. There is a WHOLE lot of difference in cash being given out to the top 10 when compared to the top 20.

Also, if White goes back, he could get injured and loose out on the first round all together. There goes his chance at a big pay day. But you never know, its a tough decision either way.

BTW, I also think #5 is too early for White. He is good, and if he declares, his 3 TD performance ensures him a middle round spot at least. But he could be a play-maker. No doubt about that. If it were not for Bush (who is a gifted player at college), White would be starting. Heck he would be starting for almost any other program out there too! But if he does drop to second round, it's a God send!

17. wpr

wpr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I posted this on another thread but here is what The Sporting News says:

READY TO DELCARE

1. Reggie Bush, RB, USC.
    Is worthy of No. 1 overall pick.
    2. Winston Justice, OT, USC.
    Projects as top offensive tackle and a top-10 overall pick.
    3. Ngata Haloti, DT, Oregon.
    Possibly the top defenive tackle in an underwhelming class.
    4. LenDale White, RB, USC.
    Maroney and DeAngelo Williams hope he stays. No. 2 only to Bush.

18. HatestheEagles084

Ratings:
    +1
    Justice has too many off-field problems to be considered for top ten...plus ferguson and winston are better tackles...probably has nothing to do with the packers' draft but just my thoughts

19. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Vince young is goin pro

20. billv

billv Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I like A.J. Hawk a lot. I hope he doesn't use steroids though. No proof of anything, but he looks a little bit too much like Tony Mandarich to me. Hope I'm totally wrong here.

21. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    if he wants to make it in the NFL he better be using steroids, cause most other guys do.

22. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Another genius heard from.

23. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    lol, you really think guys in the NFL aren't on steroids?
    are you serious Depack? How ignorant can you be?

24. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You could start by reading this article DePack:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/03/29/60II/main683747.shtml

the abusers are always one step ahead

25. wpr

wpr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I won't dispute your post JW. I was just posting what TSN had said. You always believe everything that the "experts" say don't you? :roll: