LB Robert Thomas

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With 2007 being an uncapped year, Robert Thomas loses unrestricted free agency next year and is only a restricted free agent.

I put some points I found on the CBA for 2007 in the NFL forum.

BACKIN-PACKIN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gopackgo4 said:
Well I wouldnt worry about him being a really targeted FA any way

I agree gopack. Thomas will have to make his presence known and a much better showing than just having a shadow on the ground during gameday. I feel big changes are coming in GB and Thomas may not fit the mold now being formed.

OP
OP
C

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1) The guy is an adequate player. If he does not start he is good depth.
Certainly is a top 5 LB on the roster.

2) He was obtained for Chris Johnson who had not shown anything and been hurt a lot. Low price. $750K this year and a restricted FA next year IF a deal on CBA is not done. That is less than Rob Davis.

3) I was pointing out that rather losing him at the end of the year, the Packers may get an extra year out of him.

Now with all the brinksmanship who knows if Monday is real deadline or it moves back again. I posted this when I thought there was no deal. They just keep yanking each others chain.

BACKIN-PACKIN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:
1) The guy is an adequate player. If he does not start he is good depth.
Certainly is a top 5 LB on the roster.

3) I was pointing out that rather losing him at the end of the year, the Packers may get an extra year out of him. [/quote="CaliforniaCheez"]

And for the reasons you have just stated he may be kept for depth and that isn't necessarily a bad idea; in fact, we do need depth, and hopefully he will fit the mold.

BACKIN PACKIN FOR WIN COLUMN STACKIN

Members online