1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Laurent Robinson WR, Illinois State

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by OregonPackFan, Mar 27, 2007.

1. OregonPackFan

OregonPackFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The more I see of this guy the more I like him, he has the potential to become everything you look for in an NFL WR, he needs to bulk up some and doesn't have the size of Calvin Johnson, Randy Moss or Terrell Owens, but you see a lot of guys his size being successful and I think this guy has a good shot at being successful. The only knack on him is that he didn't play against elite competition, however I think he could make the transfer to the NFL and develop to become a very good player in a couple of years.

He would fit the right into Green Bay because he's an excellent routerunner, which is immensely important in all schemes but particularly in a westcoast offense like the one McCarthy is running, and he fills the need of a player who can stretch the field.

Laurent Robinson

Combine Measurements:
    6-2
    195 lbs

40 yard dash: 4.38

[​IMG]

If we draft him in the 5th, 6th or 7th round I would be very pleased. He could come in and be a return guy for the first couple of years adjusting to the NFL and then burst onto the scene. This is the biggest sleeper at WR in this draft together with Mike Williams, I rank him above Walker. He and Walker had some of the best combine results at WR.

2. kmac

kmac Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I saw this guy at the combine, and he was very impressive.

3. gopackgo

gopackgo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Read a little bit on him and I guess the knock on him was his speed. But that was before the combine and his 4.38. Everything I read is impressive too Oregon, said he didn't drop a single pass in the workout session, despite having the ball thrown behind him.

This just may be papers talking up a player, but everything I read suggests 7th round would be too late. But probably a 2nd day pick, but definetly looks like potential. Good find.

4. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    holy wow - this dude's from my alma mater - go redbirds!! cool! :D

5. OregonPackFan

OregonPackFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    he's one of the biggest small school prospects at WR, and yes he didn't drop a single ball in the combine. He's worth taking a look at and TT likes small school prospects, I hope he picks him!

6. OregonPackFan

OregonPackFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    he's also smart, have excellent work ethics and no bad attitude.

7. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,477
    Interesting?

is it me, or those 2 quotes contradicting each other?

This made me think..

"Can sink and slip through traffic due to his lateral agility and is very alert of the sidelines, doing a nice job of keeping his feet in bounds "

Draft him and see what he has as a wr, but maybe stick him on p/r to get him used to the difference in game speed?

8. OregonPackFan

OregonPackFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think the "toughness" in the first quote and scout report that is in question is his abillity to stay healthy as we obviously needs to bulk up and build some muscle in the pros.

His mental toughness isn't in question.

9. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22