Lane Taylor agrees to restructure contract

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know that much about "Snacks" but I gotta say I am not enamored with the name. And I'm pretty sure there is real reason behind it. I kind of remember seeing him and thinking of BJ Raji. Not really a good thing.

He has been a top run stuffer in the league for years. This is the precise trench guy we need to help spell Clark at times and in running situations.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He has been a top run stuffer in the league for years. This is the precise trench guy we need to help spell Clark at times and in running situations.
So what would he cost? We could get him by letting Linsley go??

H

HardRightEdge

I don't know that much about "Snacks" but I gotta say I am not enamored with the name. And I'm pretty sure there is real reason behind it.
He weighs around 350 lbs., at 6'3" no less. I'd guess he eats a lot and it's not tofu that he favors.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So what would he cost? We could get him by letting Linsley go??

He is over 30..and I've really not heard estimates of his cost honestly. I'd love to have him in the 3.5M a year range but highly doubt that will happen. Mike Daniels pulled around 8M last year. If I were GB and felt Snacks has 2 MAYBE 3 good or contributor years as a back up to Clark I'd not scoff at the idea of a 2 or 3 year contract for about 3-6M each (depending on structure). I'm front loading that thing though as given his age if he starts dropping I want ability to cut ties and move on. However, I LOVE his style and role mixed with Clark and others in Pettine's system probably the most out of any interior DL left in FA. There are other run stuffers out there but snacks to me is above the rest for cost vs what I think he has left.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pako is still out there too, and if we don't get snacks, Pako can plug a hole like anyone. Plenty older and be cheaper (one year only) type situation, but need a run gap plugged he will do it.

Reaction score
Restructure must have hurt. He just listed his house with a realtor.
I doubt that. Worse case that’s a $3800/mo. note. If he did just 80% financing to avoid PMI more like $3,000 range. For all we know he paid it in cash or three down 50% etc..

H

HardRightEdge

Restructure must have hurt. He just listed his house with a realtor.
I guess you mean Lane Taylor. This thread is wandering.

According to this piece, he's selling because he "moved to a new house in the community."

https://www.greenbaypressgazette.co...taylor-lists-house-hobart-599-000/5326250002/

It's worth noting he's made $18.2 mil cash money over his career through 2019.

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say Taylor regrets committing to those new digs unless he loves Green Bay and wants to make it his permanent home. He doesn't love Green Bay Packer management right about now, I'm sure. They had him over a barrel coming off an IR season with not much opportunity with Covid-19 to make the rounds if he declined the pay cut and was released.

Latest posts