Lambeau dome ?

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really?
Plans for a dumb idea that never took off is a "gem?"
Um... OK.. whatever. If that's what you guys want to think.
Just that I think a gem would be Lombardi's hat or something else that everyone else would want that Packers fans recognizes.

Personally I'd much rather have this than a hat that Lombardi wore. Of course personal items don't interest me nearly as much as team artifacts do. Another example for me, I would love to have would be the original renderings of the uniform changes Ron Wolf proposed. I'd much rather have them over a game worn jersey from anyone. For the casual fan who is not a big collector though you are probably right.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the dome plans are more valuable in terms of sentimental than monetary.

What is the highest amount you or anyone else would pay for it and is it something you'd really want?

Its a rare piece of Green Bay Packer history. To me it was a steal at $5.00. I would have seriously considered it at 10 times that.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally I'd much rather have this than a hat that Lombardi wore. Of course personal items don't interest me nearly as much as team artifacts do. Another example for me, I would love to have would be the original renderings of the uniform changes Ron Wolf proposed. I'd much rather have them over a game worn jersey from anyone. For the casual fan who is not a big collector though you are probably right.
just added that agree to counter that silly disagree lol.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its a rare piece of Green Bay Packer history. To me it was a steal at $5.00. I would have seriously considered it at 10 times that.
That's cool.

I appreciate your honesty and I recognize to each their own.

Since you wouldn't mind having these odd GB artifacts of plans or ideas of things that were suggested but didn't come to fruition, let me ask you this.

Would you consider wanting to own the original drafts of these proposed changes to the G logo?
Scroll down to message #11 to see what I mean.
https://www.packerforum.com/threads/a-little-more-on-the-g-logo.26609/

This was proposed by a graphic artist a few years ago. I don't think the Packers asked for it.
I think he was just looking for a way to make a few bucks.
I really doubt any true Packers fan would even think to suggest such a thing and why bother?
Packers are going to, thankfully, reject it.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I shouldn't have said casual fan. I meant casual collector. I know many die hard fans who don't own any Packers memorabilia beside a jersey, a few T-shirts and maybe a can cooler or something like that. I collect Packers memorabilia I don't necessarily collect individual player memorabilia. I don't own a single autographed item or game used item because individual players just don't mean that much to me.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's cool.

I appreciate your honesty and I recognize to each their own.

Since you wouldn't mind having these odd GB artifacts of plans or ideas of things that were suggested but didn't come to fruition, let me ask you this.

Would you consider wanting to own the original drafts of these proposed changes to the G logo?
Scroll down to message #11 to see what I mean.
https://www.packerforum.com/threads/a-little-more-on-the-g-logo.26609/

This was proposed by a graphic artist a few years ago. I don't think the Packers asked for it.
I think he was just looking for a way to make a few bucks.
I really doubt any true Packers fan would even think to suggest such a thing and why bother?
Packers are going to, thankfully, reject it.

If it was not something commissioned by the team then no, I wouldn't really have any interest in it. people make me one of a kind Packer items all the time and I keep them for the thought behind them but as far as being an important part of my collection they are not. 99% of my stuff is NFL approved or team sanctioned.

See my post above this one where I clarified my earlier comment. Like you said, to each their own, I did not mean to imply that anyone who would rather have a Lombardi hat (or any other individual player item) was a casual fan. One has nothing to do with the other.

Since you did bring up logos one thing I have always looked for but I can never find, and that may be because I am just not remembering correctly is a drawing of the proposed helmet change that Jamal Anderson made for the Atlanta Falcons in 1998 when they went to the SB. I seem to recall that sometime during the 2 week pre game hype fest they did a segment on it and showed some drawings but I may be misremembering the whole thing.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Some people take their Packers and collector items seriously. This couple plans on naming their first child "Curd".

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Rick 12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You`re entitled to an opinion, however trying to belittle people won`t be tolerated. If you don`t like his comments, put him on ignore, or take it to P.M.
Belittle who the HELL do you think you're talking to get LOST its ok for him to BELITTLE ME !!!!!!!!!!!:poop:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts