Lambeau dome ?

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did they build the structure into the Lambeau renovation, to hold a dome? If not, then no..... If yes then I think the decision has already been made...

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some people take their Packers and collector items seriously. This couple plans on naming their first child "Curd".

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
The teasing of that poor kid.
They will call him "Crud" or just put a T in to replace the C of Curd.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just wonder how many on here who are against even the idea of Lambeau getting a dome would take part in yet another stock sale if the Packers needed to raise the money to raise a roof.

Reaction score
Glad it didn't happen. Let's keep the tundra frozen.

I agree.......BUT.........why should other teams have the luxury of domes and the Packers and Bear players and fans freeze their @sses off.
I feel, to even the field, either all teams go dome or no teams should have a dome.
After all, it is a outdoor sport.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree.......BUT.........why should other teams have the luxury of domes and the Packers and Bear players and fans freeze their @sses off.
I feel, to even the field, either all teams go dome or no teams should have a dome.
After all, it is a outdoor sport.

It's only an outdoor sport because when it started the technology really wasn't there for it to be played indoors. If the Chicago Cardinals had built a dome in 1922 would we still be saying football was meant to be played outdoors?

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's only an outdoor sport because when it started the technology really wasn't there for it to be played indoors. If the Chicago Cardinals had built a dome in 1922 would we still be saying football was meant to be played outdoors?
Yes because Rutgers didn't have a dome in 1869 ;)

Anyway...I think stadiums should be unregulated in all professional and collegiate sports. The NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA, NCAA teams should be able to decide what type of venue their teams play in. A permanent outdoor NHL or NBA stadium would be awesome, plus it would require the players to adapt to every type of atmospheric situation...they already get paid big money, so why pamper them with only allowing them to play in the same conditions every game?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We could build the dome, change the team name and come up with catchy phrases for marketing or a team rap song.

The Green Bay Gnomes playing at home in a dome.

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We could build the dome, change the team name and come up with catchy phrases for marketing or a team rap song.

The Green Bay Gnomes playing at home in a dome.
I like your idea.

NEXT WEEK ON SUUUUUUUNDAY NIGHT FOOOOOOOTBALLLLLLLL........The Wisconsin Wharf Dwarfs will play at home in the Green Bay Gnome Dome sponsored by Hanes socks broadcasted by FOX in a media press box. Aaron will be airin' it out for the home team in a bay of green under a cover of snow....will you go? Say cheese, please, and come out to see the Wisconsin Wharf dwarf the competition like a pesticide morphs honey bees.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like your idea.

NEXT WEEK ON SUUUUUUUNDAY NIGHT FOOOOOOOTBALLLLLLLL........The Wisconsin Wharf Dwarfs will play at home in the Green Bay Gnome Dome sponsored by Hanes socks broadcasted by FOX in a media press box. Aaron will be airin' it out for the home team in a bay of green under a cover of snow....will you go? Say cheese, please, and come out to see the Wisconsin Wharf dwarf the competition like a pesticide morphs honey bees.
Yeah!
Now you're talking!

And cheese looking gnome hats will be a hit with the crowds!

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Personally, I prefer the game of football to be played outdoors in the elements. You have wind, rain, ice, snow, heat, cold, etc. to factor into decisions. I was going to say sun, but apparently the idiots who designed the dome in Dallas, forgot about that aspect.

I love when I turn a game on to watch and see that mother nature is actually going to participate in it.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally, I prefer the game of football to be played outdoors in the elements. You have wind, rain, ice, snow, heat, cold, etc. to factor into decisions. I was going to say sun, but apparently the idiots who designed the dome in Dallas, forgot about that aspect.

I love when I turn a game on to watch and see that mother nature is actually going to participate in it.
I agree wholeheartedly. I always say, some of the most memorable games in the history of the league are so because of the weather and conditions they had to play in.

It's a shame to take that part of the game away

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Agree with you Mondio on the games remembered due in part or mostly because of the weather.

Of course the forever talked about "Ice Bowl"

Packers VS Bears on Halloween Night back in 94 I think? Favre and the Packers played in Monsoon like conditions on MNF.

Anyone catch that game in Buffalo a few weeks ago with all the snow? How is that not entertaining? :) Put that game in a dome and it would have just been another forgettable football game.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes because Rutgers didn't have a dome in 1869 ;)

Anyway...I think stadiums should be unregulated in all professional and collegiate sports. The NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA, NCAA teams should be able to decide what type of venue their teams play in. A permanent outdoor NHL or NBA stadium would be awesome, plus it would require the players to adapt to every type of atmospheric situation...they already get paid big money, so why pamper them with only allowing them to play in the same conditions every game?

I was actually trying to think of who played the first college game but I was to lazy to look it up so I just went with the start of the NFL.