Lack of playmakers

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Has anybody else noticed that the Packers have exactly TWO playmakers on their entire team? On offense, it's Donald Driver. On defense it's KGB, who only has half a sack but has been surprisingly effective against the run this year and has drawn lots of penalties from opposing O-linemen.

Favre, for whatever reason, has not made even one big play this season--the kind where he evades rushers and/or throws a great pass for a TD or a long gain. Ahman Green has not had big enough holes to get out into the open and use his speed. Ferguson has failed to step up. On defense, Al Harris and Nick Barnett are our best players along with KGB, but they're just doing damage control out there. Our best hope for another big-play guy may be Ahmad Carroll.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Has anybody else noticed that the Packers have exactly TWO playmakers on their entire team? On offense, it's Donald Driver. On defense it's KGB, who only has half a sack but has been surpisingly effective against the run this year and has drawn lots of penalties from opposing O-linemen.

Favre, for whatever reason, has not made even one big play this season--the kind where he evades rushers and/or throws a great pass for a TD or a long gain. Ahman Green has not had big enough holes to get out into the open and use his speed. Ferguson has failed to step up. On defense, Al Harris and Nick Barnett are our best players along with KGB, but they're just doing damage control out there. Our best hope for another big-play guy may be Ahmad Carroll.

you make some good points...it's time that we pull chatman from return man...we need more than "someone to catch the ball and hand it over to our offense" we need plays...murphy, hawkins, caroll, someone

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The way things are going this year we should have a shot at some playmakers next April. A bad year this year may not be all bad, it would force some important decisions and actions on coaches and players.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Whao!... Greg welcome to reality.

You, I, and a select few may be the only people who realize that Carrol is going to be a big play guy.

He is maturing... and all of you who jumped on this kid should be ashamed.

RP

He earned his 'jumped on' rep. Even with that said I am (after his INT today) begining to be hopeful he's gonna be a player, a real player for us.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
reality?

heres reality

Penalties: 25872954629562
Interceptions: 1

but hes maturing. its sad you praise the kid for NOT ****ing up.

he even tripped the int return. he shoulda went all the way. he cant do anything right. face it.

OP
OP
G

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
RP: I've been skeptical of Carroll all along, and I'm not sold on him yet. I will gladly give you (and a few others) full credit if Carroll turns out to be a really good player. I will say, though, that I've never written him off.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have. And 1 game of getting an interception (and even messing that up) and no penalties isnt anything to get excited about. galloway owned him, btw.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
I have. And 1 game of getting an interception (and even messing that up) and no penalties isnt anything to get excited about. galloway owned him, btw.

Galloway didn't own Carroll. Did you watch the game? Neither of Galloway's touchdown catches had Carroll lined up on him. If your going to spout off about Carroll, at least get the facts right! Geez..... :evil:

Latest posts