Kylin out for season…

Budman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really liked him too. Was hoping to see his growth but I sure wish him a speedy recovery.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wish him well in his surgery & recovery. Hopefully be ready for later training camp, '22, or PUP into early next season?

Tonyan to get MRI today. IF IR necessary would love it if Gute signed off of PS: Kahale Warring (Buffalo) or Tanner Hudson (SF). Already have Lewis, Deguara, Dafney & Tyler Davis but if another receiving TE I like those 2 above.

Last edited:

jetfixer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wish him well in his surgery & recovery. Hopefully be ready for later training camp, '22, or PUP into early next season?

Tonyan to get MRI today. IF IR necessary would love it if Gute signed off of PS: Kahale Warring (Buffalo) or Tanner Hudson (SF). Already have Lewis, Deguara, Dafney & Tyler Davis but if another receiving TE I like those 2 above.
Is Sternberger on a practice squad still, he might be an option.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is Sternberger on a practice squad still, he might be an option.

On Washington's active roster. Would STILL rather have Warring or Hudson.

jetfixer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

On Washington's active roster. Would STILL rather have Warring or Hudson.
If on active roster doesn’t matter much anyway. I hope RT is not done for the year. Trade Love for a good one

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That hit made me cringe, especially when they showed Kylin's leg bend forward. Lots of injuries on both teams last night. Everyone was out there playing their best, which was great to watch, but sad for those that didn't make it through healthy.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tyler Ervin is still a FA no?

If they are thinking returning he could be the guy to pick up as well

Reaction score
That sucks. That looked painful

Poker. Watch them call Dexter and put him on PS. ;)Then elevate Taylor.

Reaction score
Ervin (28 yrs old) was only available for 8 games in '20 (rib injury?), would hope to find a young, hungry guy with more durability?
I think Begelton could do the job. I’m surprised he didn’t already get signed to PS. He has familiarity with our system and can return better than anyone we currently have. Plus he’s on the cheap.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thinking back on it, I still don't know what Hill was thinking on that return. Not to kick a guy while he is down, but he brought one out of the endzone. That itself is not always a problem, but you'd better be sure that you are at least going to get out to the 25yd line. The Cardinals' RB made the hit at the 8yd line....and there was a second defender within a few yards. He shouldn't have brought the ball out.

Second, if someone is running straight at you....make a move! It is almost as if Hill didn't see these guys. Unfortunately Hill now has an entire year to think about those bad decisions as he rehabs. He never returned a punt or kick in college, so this is all new to him. The NFL brings a lot of hard lessons at your real quick.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ervin (28 yrs old) was only available for 8 games in '20 (rib injury?), would hope to find a young, hungry guy with more durability?
You have that in Patrick Taylor. Ervin is who you call if you want ST returning as part of it

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That hit made me cringe, especially when they showed Kylin's leg bend forward. Lots of injuries on both teams last night. Everyone was out there playing their best, which was great to watch, but sad for those that didn't make it through healthy.
That play was surreal to me. I saw him take the ball about 4 yards deep and I thought..."run it out." So he starts trucking it out of the endzone and picking up speed. And then I see some tackler going fast and free around the 15 or 17 yard line I think. And Kylin running straight ahead. And I was just amazed. Neither one of them made a move left or right. Kylin had to see that a tackler was coming right at him. It was like watching a train wreck. Why he did not swerve/cut I'll never know.

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sucks for him.

Next man up.

Tonyan's absence will be much more impactful unless the Packers swing a trade.

D

Deleted member 6794

As long as Jones and Dillon stay healthy the Packers will be fine by elevanting Taylor from the practice squad.

They need to find someone capable of returning kickoffs though.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unless the Packers find a capable returner, teams will deliberately make short kickoffs to force the Packers to return the kick, hoping that they don't reach the 25 yard line.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like what I saw in Taylor...bigger body, decent burst. Ervin would be a good addition if healthy too. Feel bad for Hill, he got smoked so hard I worried about both involved in that collision.

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That play was surreal to me. I saw him take the ball about 4 yards deep and I thought..."run it out." So he starts trucking it out of the endzone and picking up speed. And then I see some tackler going fast and free around the 15 or 17 yard line I think. And Kylin running straight ahead. And I was just amazed. Neither one of them made a move left or right. Kylin had to see that a tackler was coming right at him. It was like watching a train wreck. Why he did not swerve/cut I'll never know.
If I remember correctly, he stumbled a bit just coming out of the endzone, so maybe couldn't see the tackler, or couldn't change direction

D

Deleted member 6794

They always have Cobb available. Didn't Alexander do it in the preseason?

Cobb hasn't returned a kickoff since the 2014 season.

Alexander actually returned four punts in the regular season in 2018 but was never used on kickoffs. I definitely don't want the Packers to use him in that capacity now, especially coming of a significant shoulder injury.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts