Knebel done for the year

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
If last night was any indication of the Brewer pitching staff.....ouch!
  • 6 pitchers
  • 9 earned runs given up
  • 14 hits
  • 7 walks
Hopefully just an off night for all, but if Hader is the only one in the pen that can pitch, could be a long season.

Watching newly acquired catcher Yasmani Grandal, I am unimpressed and now know why he was hearing boo birds in LA last year. 6 AB's, no hits and 3 strikeouts.

Great opening game, hard to watch last nights game when the pitching staff looked underwhelming.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
If last night was any indication of the Brewer pitching staff.....ouch!
  • 6 pitchers
  • 9 earned runs given up
  • 14 hits
  • 7 walks
Hopefully just an off night for all, but if Hader is the only one in the pen that can pitch, could be a long season.

Watching newly acquired catcher Yasmani Grandal, I am unimpressed and now know why he was hearing boo birds in LA last year. 6 AB's, no hits and 3 strikeouts.

Great opening game, hard to watch last nights game when the pitching staff looked underwhelming.

Yas was prob signed just for the long ball and switch hitter

He didn't do well vs brewers in playoffs last year correct? Defensively

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Yas was prob signed just for the long ball and switch hitter

He didn't do well vs brewers in playoffs last year correct? Defensively

Nice that Grandal is a switch hitter, but doesn't do you any good if he doesn't get any hits. ;) Reading up on him, it sounds like he is very hot and cold. Will go on a tear for a week and then get into a slump, but that seems to be pretty common with a lot of players.

He had a terrible post season behind the plate and at bat. Grandal became the first catcher in postseason history to allow two passed balls and two errors in the same game.

In 32 career post season games, he has .107 Batting average. 75 at bats and 35 strikeouts :sick::poop:

OP
OP
weeds

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Grandal had a sacrifice RBI last night though. Man, Yelich though, that guy is gonna cost the Brewers a TON come contract time...and I have to say he'd have earned it but Miller Park or whatever it's going to be called, is afterall a hitter's park.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whatever they call it, It's going to be Miller Park when I talk about it

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Grandal had a sacrifice RBI last night though. Man, Yelich though, that guy is gonna cost the Brewers a TON come contract time...and I have to say he'd have earned it but Miller Park or whatever it's going to be called, is afterall a hitter's park.

Whatever they call it, It's going to be Miller Park when I talk about it

I'm confused, you guys talking about Milwaukee County Stadium? I wasn't aware it had a new name. :coffee: :whistling:

EDIT: Insert a large dose of sarcasm :D

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm confused, you guys talking about Milwaukee County Stadium? I wasn't aware it had a new name. :coffee: :whistling:
it wasn't renamed, it was rebuilt. It's Miller Park. Where the infield of old County Stadium once was is a little league stadium, Helfaer Field.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Both my older two sons got to play a game on that field. About 10 years ago.

Did Am Family ever announce the new name?

Given the amount of money they probably are forking over, I can't imagine the new name won't have "American Family" in it.

I would be down with "Yelich Park".

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts