Kampman's ad in the GB Press-Gazette

PWT

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Kampman's Ad on page 2-A in the Green Bay Press Gazette Saturday, March 20,2010.

"Hello Packer fans.

I wanted to take a moment to thank you for your support, encouragement and friendship.. It has been an honor to serve this community for the past 8 years. as a member of the legendary Green Bay Packer organization.
Linde and I thank God for the years we've spent in Wisconsin, and we thank you for welcoming us with open arms.

For my family, this time has been so much more than a job. we've experienced many public and private successes that will stand in our memories forever. Most importantly. we experienced them with you.

I look forward to the day when I'll bring my three boys to Lambeau Field and reminisce about what it was like to be part of of the Packer nation"

Thank you and Good Bless"
Aaron Kampman "74"

The above Ad placed in the Green Bay Press -Gazette shows what a great person Aaron Kampman is. Hope Aaron has great success in Jacksonvile, except when Jacksonville plays Green Bay.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow I didn't expect that at all. Kampman is a saint no matter where he is. I hope that he does just as well in Jacksonville as he did in Green bay, maybe even better. Packer nation is going to really miss this guy and I seriously hope that he comes back one day to Lambeau.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
he is an awesome guy

If "other" players did something similar fans might not hold as much disdain for them as they move on to other teams

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now hat's why he's staying on my sig... He was one of my favorite players as a Packer, and I still think if he really wanted to, he could've made the conversion.

But it's without a doubt that he was better at DE, and that coming off injury, it was better for him to be in a 4-3 D...

Good luck AK74, let's meet in the SB.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It seems like maybe a certain former QB from the packers should have done this a couple years ago.

Anyone have any idea how much something like this cost? I think packer fans could have some fun running a full page ad in the Twin cities paper

TomHQ

Cheesehead
Reaction score
*sigh* I'm going to really miss him.

The 2 Cor. 5:17,21 in the ad:
17: Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come.

21: He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

Very classy, AK74.

packerpower

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sure glad that we sacrificed him in exchange for Dom and his 3-4 defense...

*sarcasm*

+RAY+

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now that shows class!! Kampman has the heart of a true Packer, and thats why he will always be welcomed back to Green Bay.
Unlike that other guy that used to play for us.. umm I think his name was Brent or something?? :viksux:

Cardsmc25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't find any such article PackerRS... that thank you would probably have been used as kindling for a fire anyways...

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
As good a football player as Aaron Kampman is, THAT is secondary to the man...the leader. THIS is a good man of character all the way around. Toss into the mix that the man could play a pretty decent game of football and you've got a 'face of the organization'. I'm going to miss him and will probably become a closet fan of where ever the heck he's going...sorta like when Holmgren went to Seattle.

Good luck, AK. You're a good man.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
We did lose an amazing character on our team, and it is a shame that things didn't work out. Now we as Packer fans can find an AFC team to root for that is in desperate need of fans. That letter was very commendable and yes it does make every one involved feel guilty, but at the same time we can be happy that he didn't go to the Vikings or Bears whom both probably have wanted him and made him pain playing against the Packers. Heck if Kampman ends up playing in Lambeau on any side of the field I believe he will get more cheers than boos.

CheezPleez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre did leave a note to Packer fans after he was traded

"I've always wanted to be a Packer ... I always will be a Packer ... I'd like to think that those 16 years people will say ... the best 16 years I've ever watched ... it was a lot of fun for me ... I think it was made clear this off-season that they [the Packers managment] were moving forward ... Packer fans are Packer fans ... [it is] a great tradition ... I'm thankful that I was a part of it ... I gave everything I possibly could give while I was there ... I think the way I've played, the way I've handled myself is the most important thing ... A lot of things happened this off-season, a lot of shocking things ... I got a lot of respect for the guys [the players] in Green Bay ... I said last year and I said the year before that was probably the most talented team I'd ever played on, everyone thought I was crazy, I still think the same. I think they've got as good a chance as anyone in this league ... of ... getting to ... the Super Bowl ... we had some differences between I and a couple of other people ... but you know what, there is nothing like Green Bay fans ... at some point it's got to be let go ..." That point in time is now

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thank you Cheez Pleez, I get it, he plays for thet Vikings now, he isnt doing it to **** off Packer fans, TT didn't want him anymore.. I understand his back and fourth retirements werent right, but he can obviously still play.. It hurts watching him in that ugly purple, but you can't forget about everything he did give to this organization.. Once he retires for good, he will always be remembered as a Packer, and in the Hall of Fame as a Packer..

Aaron Kampman, true class act, hate to see a guy like that leave... but it was the best for both sides, hopefully he can do some good work down there in Jacksonville. Wish him all the best

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
Kampman was and always will be a class act. As much as he doesn't fit in with the needs of our defense anymore, I was very very sad to see him leave. A great Packer and a great man. I hope he does well in the future.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Straight class. I fully supported getting rid of the player, but we're losing one hell of a great man. Shame it didn't work out, glad he understands and isn't vengeful like that other guy.

Members online

No members online now.